Lost Spirit for AU

autigeremt

Auburn to me is more than football ...it was the experience, and the friendships I made and the opportunities I was able to gain as a student. Don’t get me wrong no one wants to see the teams lose but it should not have anyone questioning their support or loyalties because Auburn lost to LSU. So what...the sun came up the next day. You come out the following weekend and you cheer on those student athletes. They put in the work. The sweat...just to entertain us. I can’t control what Gus or JJ does. What plays he calls or does not call. At the end of the day he will be held accountable for his decisions by someone paid to do so. So I refuse to lose my wits over it. If Gus continues on the path, and not meet expectations he will be let go. And when someone else comes in I will cheer him on too. Pull yourselves together, all this moping is depressing. Hell we could be UT or UF right now or worse...It’s still a chance this season can be special. I will believe it can be until the clock strikes zero against UA next month...

3 hours ago, keesler said:

Well hell yeah, we'd be sitting pretty at 8-0, ranked right up there with UAT/UGA in the top 5 and AU Tigers would be plastered all over the headlines as a true contender.  

As it stands though, AU is right back where we were this time last year and 1 win better than they were at this time in '15.  It was 100% on Gus to change the trend, and so far it looks the same.

had we beaten LSU... we would probably be 6 or 7.

By the way...Alabama fans will be back to these days one day.  Probably sooner than they think. It is my hunch that if Alabama did win the championship this year, he would probably be out of there.  The slide down will be so delightful to so many people. 

6 hours ago, jared52 said:

I think I have lost a lot of fire for college football as a whole. The NCAA has allowed an unlevel playing field that takes the uncertainly out of a lot of big outcomes. I am starting to feel for college football the way I feel about the NFL. There are those who spend the big money and get the big outcomes, those who are just on the cusp, and those you wonder why they even have a team. College football isn't fun anymore. Yeah, some of it is Gus and his strangeness. Some of it is JJ and his lack of leadership. But really, it's just fact that college football is a pro farm league now. It's outrageously expesive to go to the games now. We went to the MSU game, and had a great time, but it cost me almost $500 for my family of 4 to drive down from the Birmingham area, get 4 tix at slightly below face ($250 for 4), eat lunch at Niffer's (because you have to), get a shirt for my wife, a couple of cokes at the game, popcorn, pretzel, a couple of shakers, and a dozen Krispy Kremes for the way back. Yeah, we could have done without some of that, but just the tickets alone are just hard to stomach more than once a season.

But I know people will and do pay it because JHS is almost full every game, so economics says charge $75+ for an SEC game. But it's so much not about football any more, it's about money. And it just takes away the luster for me. I've grown to love the non-revenue sports more (soccer, softball, etc) because it still feels like a game, and not an enterprise.

I mentioned this in another thread and was blasted.  I understand how you feel, it’s hard to get excited for something you know is coming.........and it’s frustrating as hell to watch.

3 hours ago, bigsixfive said:

Man I thought the eagle died based on the title. 

That is good for a perspective jolt!! ?

4 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

I agree with everything but the performance of our rivals part.  My frustration has nothing to do with the success or failure of Bama, UGA or LSU.  It all has to do with coaching stupidity and ineptitude at AD. 

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.  

Archived