Georgia vs Florida

AUIH1

Just now, mom2kid said:

We may have somewhat equal talent but they are playing much more diciplined and confidence.  I don't think we will beat them because of our poorly coached O but i hope I am wrong

I totally agree with you.  I also think Gus will be too afraid to even look Smart in the eye when they meet on the field before the game.

wde

I can’t believe Florida fans would pay money to go see this game after what they’ve had to suffer through this season.

Good job JJ, giving both our rivals the best HC's in the SEC.

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Good job JJ, giving both our rivals the best HC's in the SEC.

Not sure what he could have done about Saban, but we could absolutely have Kirby on our sidelines.  

Just now, AUFlyer99 said:

Not sure what he could have done about Saban, but we could absolutely have Kirby on our sidelines.  

No one knows Saban better than Kirby. He could've had the second Pat Dye (who of course also coached at Bama under Bear), but instead he went for Tater 2.0.

I’m calling it right now and I hate to say it.  Auburn will not beat Georgia this year. Auburn will not beat Alabama this year.  Gus does not have what it takes to prepare his talent for a big game.  Auburn has a coach that is paid multi-millions to coach average.  Maybe a new AD will change the culture, maybe a new coach will change the culture.  It’s up to the PTB on how competitive they want to be in the future.

18 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

I’m calling it right now and I hate to say it.  Auburn will not beat Georgia this year. Auburn will not beat Alabama this year.  Gus does not have what it takes to prepare his talent for a big game.  Auburn has a coach that is paid multi-millions to coach average.  Maybe a new AD will change the culture, maybe a new coach will change the culture.  It’s up to the PTB on how competitive they want to be in the future.

Oh yeah. Gus and Jay (esp the latter) should be gone after Nov. 25, assuming you’re correct.

The thing with Kirby, though, was that up to that point, Sabanites hadn’t exactly done well. One particular guy who used to write at Track Em Tigers, who gained a lot of trust when he basically called the 2012 season an entire year beforehand (when people really didn’t have the benefit of hindsight) argued that (when the HC search was going on) that Gus actually was a proven winner and Kirby wasn’t. He is now calling for Gus to be fired of course.

I fear that if we had gone with KS, as one commentator said at the time, it would have been the “ultimate little brother move.”

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Oh yeah. Gus and Jay (esp the latter) should be gone after Nov. 25, assuming you’re correct.

The thing with Kirby, though, was that up to that point, Sabanites hadn’t exactly done well. One particular guy who used to write at Track Em Tigers, who gained a lot of trust when he basically called the 2012 season an entire year beforehand (when people really didn’t have the benefit of hindsight) argued that (when the HC search was going on) that Gus actually was a proven winner and Kirby wasn’t. He is now calling for Gus to be fired of course.

I fear that if we had gone with KS, as one commentator said at the time, it would have been the “ultimate little brother move.”

Fair points to all. I had my reservations on KS because of how Saban's pupils had done up to this point. But to not pull the trigger because of the "little brother move" is crazy to me. Putting pride over performance is exactly why our program is in the position it's in.

Anyone thinking KS would go anywhere other than Georgia doesn't have a clue how the business works.

Gah, I hate Georgia. I live here and all their obnoxious fans are crowing on facebook, because they think they are awesome to have beaten a very sad Florida team. I mean it is grating to see all these obnoxious rednecks. We really need to beat them.

McElwain has completely lost it. I don't see how UF can keep him around even for the rest of the season. The naked picture with the shark was the highlight of his year.

Looks like we have our work cut out for us in Amen Corner.  With the PSU loss Bammer and UGA will be 1 and 2.  I bet that has never happened.  

4 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Looks like we have our work cut out for us in Amen Corner.  With the PSU loss Bammer and UGA will be 1 and 2.  I bet that has never happened.  

Lord, if we could beat both #1 and #2............ anybody got a soul they're willing to sell???  >:D haha Just kidding, of course.

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Lord, if we could beat both #1 and #2............ anybody got a soul they're willing to sell???  >:D haha Just kidding, of course.

I volunteer as tribute!! ?

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

We have the talent on both sides of the ball to beat UGA.  It is simply going to come down to Gus and if he has the balls to try to beat UGA like he does Arky.

wde

It will take something like a miracle to beat them. Prayer in Jordan Hare part II? 

Can our oline man up? Dline? It will be won up front. Almost always is. 

I wish I was this witty to think of this during the actual game. BUT MAN!!! Justin Fields must be salivating to play in the 2013 Auburn offense!!! Fromm threw it 7 times a game today and completed 4 of them! hahaha

3 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I think we can beat them. I am not sure they've been challenged yet. We would have to play an inspired game, though.

Notre Dame would like a word with you. Of course, we have the *TALENT* to be on par with them. Given that ND-GA was basically a swing game, I totally agree that we *CAN* beat them. Now, Gus Malzahn is our coach, sooooo yeah.

4 hours ago, weagl1 said:

How cool would it have been if AU had beat LSU and been ranked top 5 as well going into Nov? Man what an opportunity squandered.

4 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

I volunteer as tribute!! ?

Then you should know the rest of the ritual. Meet us in the middle of Haley Center at midnight of the next full moon...

Archived