CUNY Prof: Having a "white nuclear family" is a form of white supremacy

metafour

20 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Are you a fan of her? or just playing devils advocate here?

Either way, good for you for trying, Raptor could have really used you to defend his statements.... if only you two weren't the yin and yang of this board. :lol:

Yes, I am playing devils advocate, largely because I think a written forum should be precise and literal when addressing written statements instead of simply using them as a launching point for "emotifying'. (If that's not a word, it should be.)

But I will admit up front that my position is undoubtedly far too subtle and analytical for the "trash talk forum", which is about "emotifying". ;)  

32 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What is it about specifically about my post that you disagree with?

This one. 

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

To say that white "nuclear families" supports racism is true

And it doesn’t even make logical sense. Black nuclear families reproducing and growing their families don’t support racism, same for the Chinese or the Latino families.  

Also, didn’t academia say it wasn’t possible for black families to be racist? You know, the whole “power + prejudice” formula?  Not a bit of it adds up. 

Lastly, she talked about the “imbalance of assets” being passed down. This is clearly a white privilege, white-guilt thing to her.

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You are right in that I said: "I think ya'll are missing the actual point." 

I should have said something like she may have been making a slightly different, more defensible point that ya'll are portraying.

I think a better assessment would be "I have a point of my own to make, using her statements as a launching pad."  Saying she may have been making a different point is total speculation.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

As I have said before, racism will disappear only when there is enough intermarriage to allow for racial interaction within a family context. 

This is also incorrect. 

49 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think a better assessment would be "I have a point of my own to make, using her statements as a launching pad."  Saying she may have been making a different point is total speculation.

True. 

But it's a fair speculation based on her literal words that is just as valid -and I could argue more so -as any other.

Just now, homersapien said:

True. 

But it's a fair speculation based on her literal words that is just as valid -and I could argue more so -as any other.

I wouldn't call it "fair" that she's offered zero reason to think she sees this as a corollary problem for other races.  But ok.

19 hours ago, homersapien said:

True.  (Was that directed to me?)

You are the one saying that ANY Nuclear Family is by definition Racist, unless BiRacial. Only being BiRacial can we overcome the inherent Racism of the concept of a nuclear family? I reject 95% of that crap. To Wit: The Thomas Jefferson Family is BiRacial and it is tearing itself apart right now over the inherent racism that has lasted over centuries. So, there is an example of your flawed thinking. BiRacial doesnt necessarily mean any improvement. 

Your, and the good prof's, point seems to boil down to: DONT BE SUCCESSFUL,  WHITE FOLKS. This whole housing wealth thing is to pave the road for reparations. It is complete BS. Another 20 years and this wont even be a topic. I guess, some whack jobs out there think we should adopt White Trash Living Principles. Sorry, not going to happen. Look, there is a certain Righteousness and Victimization in being poor. But it lasts about 5 years or so. After that, maybe your life sucks because you are stupid and make bad life choices, which BTW, is inherent in ALL racial backgrounds ESPECIALLY WHITES.

Image result for stupid and make bad decisions

Welfare may have a Black Face, but it is in reality a White Man thing. There is sssooo much jacked up thinking going on here we are wasting our lives reading and thinking on it. Everyone, EVERYONE should want a NUCLEAR FAMILY. It is the Role Modeling Gold Standard for success. Now, that doesnt mean that "nuclear" cant be defined as M^2 or W^2 as well. "Nuclear" in 21st Century Murica just means Stable, 2 Parent, Dual Income. Single Parent, Single Income, Families are THE SINGULAR BEST DETERMINANT of poverty or unsuccessful life choices for kids. Daniel Patrick Moynihan said so 50 years ago and he is still being proved right today. THE CHALLENGE FOR AMERICA is to get the majority of our people to put away their childish stubbornness and realize that it is just good common sense to be a part of a Nuclear Family, whatever that looks like. The fact that some Cultures, sometimes mistakenly identified along racial lines, tend to make bad decisions is not proof of a Conspiracy. Maybe it is just manifestation that poor life choices bring bad consequences.

This isnt rocket surgery, nor Racism, nor conspiracy. It just is fact. 2 parent, 2 Income, Stable, Educated Families will in general excel above all others for producing successful kids, wealth, and successful parents later on. It is just fact. It is not a conspiracy. 

The rest of this preening is just BS for reparations.

10 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You are the one saying that ANY Nuclear Family is by definition Racist, unless BiRacial. Only being BiRacial can we overcome the inherent Racism of the concept of a nuclear family? 

I didn't say that DKW. 

I agreed that "nuclear" families - which seems to mean racially exclusive families - tend to propagate racism.  That doesn't mean the people in that family are racists, nor does it mean such a family as a whole is racist.  It's more of a sympton than a cause.

Any group - or family unit - that is segregated is more likely to tolerate or support racism than one with little or no contact with a different race.  That's just common sense.

That hardly makes the people in such a family racist, "by definition".

On 11/2/2017 at 1:37 PM, TitanTiger said:

Thus my paraphrase (with a hint of snark) was right on point:

Short version:

1.  When white people breed, and

2.  When white people want the best for their spawn, and

3.  When white people own a home and pass that down to their spawn after they die,

they perpetuate white supremacy

Actually, that is a fair representation of what she said.  I just see it as literally more of a statement of fact than a personal attack.  Any criticism - even in your version - is not stated.  

I am not saying that's the way she meant it - and I can also understand how one would perceive it as criticism, because she does come across as being critical,  but if you go by the words alone, it's a true statement of our culture regarding race.

If she were trying to make the same point I am trying to make, she did a really bad job of doing it.  She does come off as being judgemental about it, which is a stupid diversion from the kernal of truth at its core.   In that regard, I don't take her seriously.

I  got off on the wrong foot by implying she was making a serious point when she probably wasn't.  My only point is that she didn't actually write what everyone is paraphrasing.   She implied it - at least to anyone who is defensive about it.  I dismiss it.   

27 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Any group - or family unit - that is segregated

A family of four isn’t “segregated.” It’s just a single unit. It can breed racism, just like any other tight groups- clubs, friendships, teams, etc. But by itself and in its purest form, it doesn’t support racism. It’s no more racist than the families with single parents and no more racist than families with interracial parents because there is still a clear disconnect in logic in going from her point white nuclear families perpetuates white supremacy, or yours, nuclear families supports racism. 

20 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes, that would have been better than what I said.   But it's not really a different point, it's seeing the truth in her statements without the recrimination she implied with her style.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

I didn't say that DKW. 

I agreed that "nuclear" families - which seems to mean racially exclusive families - tends to propagate racism.  That doesn't mean the people in that family are racists, nor does it mean such a family as a whole is racist.  It's more of a sympton than a cause.

Any group - or family unit - that is segregated is more likely to tolerate or support racism than one with little or no contact with a different race.  That's just common sense.

That hardly makes the people in such a family racist, "by definition".

I think you are backtracking now, but that is okay. The best of us get ahead of ourselves at times. 

I still think, and teach at church, that Stable, 2 parent, 2 Income, Educated, Nuclear Homes offer the best statistical chance of success for the family and the kids for building stable transferable wealth, better education opportunities, better health, better life choices, etc. I grew up in a home with a Mom that was deeply manic depressive. I also worked in Rescue Mission. I have lived & seen first hand that bad behavior and choices will set you and your family and especially your kids back a generation. Divorce-Drugs-Gambling-Alcohol-Mental Health Issues are all devastating emotionally, physically, and financially. We should strive for Stable, 2 parent, 2 Income, Educated, Nuclear Homes, not mock and slander them because it fits someone's very twisted agenda.

On 11/3/2017 at 2:32 PM, DKW 86 said:

I think you are backtracking now, but that is okay. The best of us get ahead of ourselves at times. 

I still think, and teach at church, that Stable, 2 parent, 2 Income, Educated, Nuclear Homes offer the best statistical chance of success for the family and the kids for building stable transferable wealth, better education opportunities, better health, better life choices, etc. I grew up in a home with a Mom that was deeply manic depressive. I also worked in Rescue Mission. I have lived & seen first hand that bad behavior and choices will set you and your family and especially your kids back a generation. Divorce-Drugs-Gambling-Alcohol-Mental Health Issues are all devastating emotionally, physically, and financially. We should strive for Stable, 2 parent, 2 Income, Educated, Nuclear Homes, not mock and slander them because it fits someone's very twisted agenda.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs that you actually have to explain this to folks.  It's even sadder that some, supposedly educated people,  could actually propose such a twisted logic....it's always amazed me how the progressives can read so many of the writings and outcomes of the 20th century (Orwell, Marxism, etc) and come away with precisely the wrong lesson....

535323.png

Archived