Unemployment Rate

Proud Tiger

The BLS reports that the latest unemployment rate has dropped to 4.1% the lowest in 17 years. Thank you Pres. Trump for a healthy economy and bringing jobs back to America as Broadcom announced today.

Until he and the GOP pass some meaningful legislations the answer you will receive is....

Thanks Obama!

3 minutes ago, HVAU said:

Until he and the GOP pass some meaningful legislations the answer you will receive is....

Thanks Obama!

Well if nothing else, you are predictable. :yes:

Since you want to give Trump credit for the continued recovery in the job market perhaps we can assign him the responsibility for the wage stagnation

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Well if nothing else, you are predictable. :yes:

I'll give him credit once he achieves something.  Other than EO's he's done nothing, and that was one of the big criticisms of Obama from the right, his dictatorially evil executive orders.

2 hours ago, HVAU said:

Thanks Obama!

Wow. That is a big pile of baloney from a Trump hater.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

He's got something of a point.  Trump and Congress haven't passed one meaningful piece of policy or legislation that would warrant giving him credit.  Simply occupying an office isn't enough.

The notion the economy is managed - much less influenced - coordinately with inauguration dates is laughable.

The lag period for whatever impact a given POTUS had on the economy, is measured in years.  

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

You're welcome to refute it.  Illustrate which pieces of major legislation have resulted in improved an economy.  

Until then, I'll maintain that the growth we've seen since the recession, including since 1-20-2017, is a result of Keynesian strategies employed by Obama, and before him Bush.  Keynesian policies are not always the answer, but they were effective in alleviating a very deep recession.

The Trump haters just can't stand an unemployment rate of 4.1% even though it is the best in 17 years.  All sorts of ifs and buts but the fact is it's 4.1% and Trump is POTUS.

32 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

The Trump haters just can't stand an unemployment rate of 4.1% even though it is the best in 17 years.  All sorts of ifs and buts but the fact is it's 4.1% and Trump is POTUS.

Again, some empirical evidence of Trump's influence would strengthen your argument.

9 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Stop saying ridiculous things like this.  No one 'can't stand' a low unemployment rate.  We're just interjecting some facts and common sense into your preening.  Unemployment is a lagging indicator.  The things that affect it were put into place way before you see the results.  And honestly, Congress/Trump haven't passed any significant policy or legislation that would warrant giving them credit.  If you'd like to refute that and show us some concrete things they've done, have at it.

I’ll let others work out the details but seems to me he is making the climate in tbe U.S more business friendly. I know he’s brought Broadcom back recently. If he continues to make the American climate more business friendly with its tax code and other companies come back home, are you going to praise his work or just pretend that a cat can only be skinned one way?  

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I’ll let others work out the details but seems to me he is making the climate in tbe U.S more business friendly. I know he’s brought Broadcom back recently. If he continues to make the American climate more business friendly with its tax code and other companies come back home, are you going to praise his work or just pretend that a cat can only be skinned one way?  

Not to mention the stock market is at an all time high and the markets largely reflect what investors perceive the future of the economy to be. But it is hopeless to confuse some people with simple facts they just don't want to hear. I couldn't care less. All I know for a real hard fact is I have made a lot of money in the market this year so the economy looks good to me. But what the heck I will make some of our Trump haters here happy and give all the credit to the wonderful Pres. Obama

59 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

All I know for a real hard fact is I have made a lot of money in the market this year so the economy looks good to me. But what the heck I will make some of our Trump haters here happy and give all the credit to the wonderful Pres. Obama

The harsh reality is that your success is purely anecdotal. However, give me some of that money, and I’ll tell everybody about how you were right all along.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Not to mention the stock market is at an all time high and the markets largely reflect what investors perceive the future of the economy to be. But it is hopeless to confuse some people with simple facts they just don't want to hear. I couldn't care less. All I know for a real hard fact is I have made a lot of money in the market this year so the economy looks good to me. But what the heck I will make some of our Trump haters here happy and give all the credit to the wonderful Pres. Obama

Speaking of hard facts:

The stock market goes up and the stock market goes down.  The current bull market started March, 2009 and is the second longest market on record without at least a drop of 20% in the S&P 500. * 

Personally, I think it's naive, but if you are compelled to thank a president for this market, the logical choice would be Obama. 

But the main job of any president regarding the market - or the economy - is not to screw it up with faulty, short-sighted policy changes.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/13/second-longest-bull-market-ever-aging-gracefully-but-investors-wonder-how-long-it-will-last.html

43 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The harsh reality is that your success is purely anecdotal. However, give me some of that money, and I’ll tell everybody about how you were right all along.

LOL. Send me a PM with your address and I will send you enough for a six pack:hellyeah:

12 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I will agree that the business community perceives him as more business friendly and that has created some optimism that's probably nudged the stock market favorably.  But perception and concrete policy and reality are two very different things.  

11 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

;) PT you were ok until you kept typing......A lot of money to you may be pocket change to some. Probably beer money to Golf

I like some of your stuff, you seem a bit insecure when it comes money. I am tending more toward Titans post regarding perception, above. But nothing wrong with optimism.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

;) PT you were ok until you kept typing......A lot of money to you may be pocket change to some. Probably beer money to Golf

I like some of your stuff, you seem a bit insecure when it comes money. I am tending more toward Titans post regarding perception, above. But nothing wrong with optimism.

I respect your opinion and my apologies for making a personal comment about money. My bad in a poor attempt to make a point

Archived