New Scoreboard proposal removed from BOT meeting

CR

Sounds like great news to me. If someone could link the article from al.com or elsewhere I would appreciate it.
Hopefully the new AD can get the ball rolling on a real renovation like the one that seemed to die under JJ.

Wonder if they will cancel that other project they are building in the other end zone.  Just seems thrown up in the corner and doesn't flow with the rest of the stadium.   That and the stupid score board will limit future to expansions to that end zonE. 

1 minute ago, aubietiger14 said:

Wonder if they will cancel that other project they are building in the other end zone.  Just seems thrown up in the corner and doesn't flow with the rest of the stadium.   That and the stupid score board will limit future to expansions to that end zonE. 

Pretty sure that one's too far along to cancel at this point. Wish it had never been approved.

30 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They need to find a way to make this happen. Anything less will be a loss IMO.C8ViDtrXgAA3-De.jpg

Agreed. That is a beautiful facility.

In a perfect world you’d have two nice sized video boards on each eandzone.  The monstrosity in the South Endzone can’t be seen by about 3-5k fans.  I loved sitting In The south endzone for 5 years because it was close to the students and band but I switched to the North side after I couldn’t watch replays or anything else being shown.   Hopefully whoever makes the next decision will have the forethought to consider the season ticket holders instead of whose got the biggest Jumbotron.  I could see adding more suites but not more seats to the stadium

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

In a perfect world you’d have two nice sized video boards on each eandzone.  The monstrosity in the South Endzone can’t be seen by about 3-5k fans.  I loved sitting In The south endzone for 5 years because it was close to the students and band but I switched to the North side after I couldn’t watch replays or anything else being shown.   Hopefully whoever makes the next decision will have the forethought to consider the season ticket holders instead of whose got the biggest Jumbotron.  I could see adding more suites but not more seats to the stadium

That thing is there to stay. I just wish they'd finish the back.

You know, when the South EZ jumbotron was proposed and installed, most of us were pretty excited about it, including me. After the newness wore off and seeing it in use for a year, it seems too big for the stadium now. Sometimes you wish they could take some panels off, redo the structure, then use those panels in the other EZ. 

4 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

You know, when the South EZ jumbotron was proposed and installed, most of us were pretty excited about it, including me. After the newness wore off and seeing it in use for a year, it seems too big for the stadium now. Sometimes you wish they could take some panels off, redo the structure, then use those panels in the other EZ. 

I think that the reason it doesn't fit the stadium is that the North EZ is too small. If they close in the North EZ and add some bulk to that side, I think it would make everything seem more symmetrical. 

5 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They need to find a way to make this happen. Anything less will be a loss IMO.C8ViDtrXgAA3-De.jpg

Take out that upper deck in the end zone and I'm right there with you.

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think that the reason it doesn't fit the stadium is that the North EZ is too small. If they close in the North EZ and add some bulk to that side, I think it would make everything seem more symmetrical. 

Hmm, you could be right about that.

Archived