DKW 86

Moore or Jones?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Moore or Jones?

• Moore
    • Jones
    • Other

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

2016 presidential predictions were overwhelmingly pointing to a Clinton victory.

Those predictions were fueled by polling data

If the data "these many, many predictors" utilized was correct, Clinton would be president.  

That many here disagree is fine by me. Seriously. 

Later............................................oh and WDE!

Poor 78 got savaged ITT by people who actually know what they're talking about, so he's taking his ball and going home. 

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

He could have been reading my mind with this section:

The choice isn’t binary. Anyone who tells you that your choice is limited to pro-abortion Doug Jones or an incompetent, unfit apparent child abuser like Roy Moore is simply lying to you. If you are a faithful conservative, you can write in a different name or stay home. You can reject the choice served up by the plurality of Alabama GOP primary voters and simply say, “If you want my vote, you have to do better.”

Doing so would send a message to both parties. Democrats can’t win over voters with their own warped version of the “lesser evil.” The Democratic party knows full well that Alabama has an overwhelming pro-life majority, but its progressive core is so committed to abortion rights that it won’t move one inch — and then it sits back and condemns GOP voters for holding true to their most important principles. You can’t refuse to compromise and then condemn your opponent for inflexibility...

...No party or politician is entitled to your vote. Every man or woman who seeks public office has to earn the public’s trust. Roy Moore has earned nothing but its contempt.

1 minute ago, Bigbens42 said:

Poor 78 got savaged ITT by people who actually know what they're talking about, so he's taking his ball and going home. 

I love this "I said one thing, meant another and you should have been able to know my heart" defense.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

He could have been reading my mind with this section

I've really taken a liking to him. 

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The choice isn’t binary. Anyone who tells you that your choice is limited to pro-abortion Doug Jones or an incompetent, unfit apparent child abuser like Roy Moore is simply lying to you. If you are a faithful conservative, you can write in a different name or stay home. You can reject the choice served up by the plurality of Alabama GOP primary voters and simply say, “If you want my vote, you have to do better.”

I've been told that this is Un-American. 

I also agree with the article that Moore hurts the pro-life movement more than he helps. 

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Other thing about the polling here - even though polls are anonymous here, I suspect there are plenty of Alabamians who may not be willing to admit they are voting for Moore, who will vote for him tomorrow. Still think it comes down to how well Jones has gotten the vote out. He's gotten a mixed response from African American voters. I know that he's really turned it on the past week, but his and other Dem's failure to speak to those communities about "kitchen table" issues may cost him. 

He's hammered the CHIP issue, which is a huge deal to me.

Just now, Barnacle said:

Yeah, it's a manipulative tactic to force people into the binary s*** sandwich they serve us most election cycles.

Just now, Barnacle said:

I also agree with the article that Moore hurts the pro-life movement more than he helps. 

Absolutely.

Just now, Barnacle said:

Whoever told you that was wrong. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

Definitely. 

28 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

To put this one in simple terms, Moore does better on the robopolls, Jones on the live interviews. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Oh I agree that they were wrong. And they know I think they are wrong. 

I'll say this....it CAN be wrong or right depending on the reasoning for staying home.

If you stay home because you're lazy and apathetic and won't bother to try and learn about the issues or drag your sorry ass to the polling station, that may be unAmerican.

If you stay home out of protest at the pathetic candidates that the major parties have offered you so that the party you normally vote for feels the loss of excited supporters on election day, that is the epitome of American and you are doing your patriotic duty.

I'll say this....it CAN be wrong or right depending on the reasoning for staying home.

If you stay home because you're lazy and apathetic and won't bother to try and learn about the issues or drag your sorry ass to the polling station, that may be unAmerican.

If you stay home out of protest at the candidates that the major parties have offered you so that the party you normally vote for feels the loss of excited supporters on election day, that is the epitome of American and you are doing your patriotic duty.

Agreed. Apparently, "I had my chance in the primary and my duty is to vote for the candidate(s) "we" chose." I could have written someone in, I guess. I also hadn't registered in Alabama in time. That I do regret and accept criticism for not going to vote on down ballot issues. I'm speaking of the Presidential Election. I'm voting tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Agreed. Apparently, "I had my chance in the primary and my duty is to vote for the candidate(s) "we" chose." I could have written someone in, I guess. I also hadn't registered in Alabama in time. That I do regret and accept criticism for not going to vote on down ballot issues. I'm speaking of the Presidential Election. I'm voting tomorrow. 

I just gave $5 to Doug. Hope it funds an annoying robocall to your residence right in the middle of dinner lol.

I'm writing in a level-headed conservative politician that I know is a person of integrity.

Doug, but of course I'm comfortable voting Democrat and understand that the majority in this state are not.

13 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

He's hammered the CHIP issue, which is a huge deal to me.

I guess Moore has been mute on it? I don't know how CHIP could be a partisan issue. Does Moore even know what it is? :dunno:

Just now, Barnacle said:

I guess Moore has been mute on it? I don't know how CHIP could be a partisan issue. Does Moore even know what it is? :dunno:

Rs don't like to talk about it much. They let it expire then shredded it with their tax plan.

9 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Rs don't like to talk about it much. They let it expire then shredded it with their tax plan.

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/03/chip-childrens-health-insurance-program-tax-cuts/

The lead author of the Senate Republican tax plan, Finance Committee Chair Orrin Hatch of Utah, said the federal government no longer has the money to fund the popular Children’s Health Insurance Program, known as CHIP.

“The reason CHIP is having trouble [passing] is because we don’t have money anymore,” Hatch said. “We just add more and more spending and more and more spending, and you can look at the rest of the bill for the more and more spending.”

CHIP is an $8 billion program. The Senate bill passed in the early hours of Saturday morning includes $6 trillion in tax cuts, financed by $4.5 trillion in tax hikes elsewhere. Hatch, though, promised CHIP would still pass. “We’re going to do CHIP, there’s no question about it in my mind. It has to be done the right way,” he said.

Things like that are why I'm relatively comfortable voting Dem. Sure, it's directly tied to my livelihood, working in a Children's non-profit, but there's more to it than that. My three oldest kids, my adopted daughters, relied on the program for their healthcare before I came along.

3 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/03/chip-childrens-health-insurance-program-tax-cuts/

Things like that are why I'm relatively comfortable voting Dem. Sure, it's directly tied to my livelihood, working in a Children's non-profit, but there's more to it than that. My three oldest kids, my adopted daughters, relied on the program for their healthcare before I came along.

It's a program that should be important to everyone. The impression that I've gotten is that R's are stuck on how they want to fund it. That being said, it warrants immediate action. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

It's a program that should be important to everyone. The impression that I've gotten is that R's are stuck on how they want to fund it. That being said, it warrants immediate action. 

Not my impression. Claiming they don't have the money after giving 1000x the cost away as tax breaks for the super rich strikes me as the defense of the damned.

Just now, Bigbens42 said:

Not my impression. Claiming they don't have the money after giving 1000x the cost away as tax breaks for the super rich strikes me as the defense of the damned.

You clearly know more about it than I do. Regardless, I have read that some states will run out of funding as early as next month, which would be tragic. 

25 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

You clearly know more about it than I do. Regardless, I have read that some states will run out of funding as early as next month, which would be tragic. 

It's not unusual for the Rs to play chicken with it, but this is the farthest they've ever let it ride, and I don't think they will get it funded before the well runs dry.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I love this "I said one thing, meant another and you should have been able to know my heart" defense.

I love how you tell others what they meant. LOL.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

I love how you tell others what they meant. LOL.

It's not up to me to divine what you meant or intended to say.   You said what you said, then tried to act as if it clearly meant something else.  You either aren't effective at communicating your thoughts or you simply got schooled and changed your argument to try and save face.  Either way, it's on you.

Archived