DKW 86

Moore or Jones?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Moore or Jones?

• Moore
    • Jones
    • Other

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Where are you getting this from? Not saying you’re wrong, would just like to see source.

also, what’re your thoughts on the antique laws?

Live stream presser 

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Unfortunately, it has undermined her credibility.  It could have happened 100% the way that she has described it, but adding the date and place at the bottom was something she should have said up front at that first news conference.  She handed the Breitbart knob slobberers the bat to beat her with.

It only hurts credibility with those looking to discredit her to begin with and the people who don’t read articles just skim the headlines. But yes it would have helped a little to label his writing and her notes in the first presser. She also emphasized she is a Republican who supported trump until he backed Moore and called the women liars. 

On 11/18/2017 at 11:32 AM, aubearcat said:

Money isn’t my priority, helping those that are in need is, which is what being for life is about. Anyway, neither Moore nor Jones will receive my vote. Don’t get caught up in party. 

Not enough likes...thank you for taking a practical stand. It DOES matter, it does make a difference. I don't hang out on this thread and need no more debate-stress in my life, but the research regarding post-abortion guilt is staggering. Precious girls in crisis are not always given the full range of counsel regarding their options because the livelihood of a multimillion dollar business is at stake.  We can couch it in a "right to choose about your own body", but it's so much more complex than that. I applaud you for seeking to help finance the untold story in the name of truth. As for Tuesday...still praying, researching, and likely writing in. 

#wastedmoneylol

4 hours ago, alexava said:

It only hurts credibility with those looking to discredit her to begin with and the people who don’t read articles just skim the headlines. But yes it would have helped a little to label his writing and her notes in the first presser. She also emphasized she is a Republican who supported trump until he backed Moore and called the women liars. 

It would have helped a lot.  You point out the part that's your own note in the initial presser, it's a complete non-issue.  You wait weeks before admitting the same thing and it looks like you're trying to hide the ball. 

I think Allred failed her as a attorney.

Whether the lady changed her story or not, the perception is she has and Moore supporters are jumping all over it. She should have never done a TV interview.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/roy_moore_vs_doug_jones_alabam_3.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Regarding Moore or Jones: I am getting so cynical that have almost decided that character really doesn't matter anymore. If Jones wins, we KNOW how he will vote on any important issue. If he is a scumbag, he will vote just like all of the other democrats. If he is a person of great character, he will STILL vote just like all of the other democrats. If Moore wins, we pretty much have the same scenario, though Moore might be a little more likely to vote his conscience (if he has one).

I guess my point is: Does it even matter any more about the character of our elected officials? Do we even NEED elected officials? We could save MILLIONS by only having committee members to create bills and then just let the votes from each state be automatic. Isn't that pretty much what we have now, except we pay PEOPLE to vote?

3 hours ago, Grumps said:

Regarding Moore or Jones: I am getting so cynical that have almost decided that character really doesn't matter anymore. If Jones wins, we KNOW how he will vote on any important issue. If he is a scumbag, he will vote just like all of the other democrats. If he is a person of great character, he will STILL vote just like all of the other democrats. If Moore wins, we pretty much have the same scenario, though Moore might be a little more likely to vote his conscience (if he has one).

I guess my point is: Does it even matter any more about the character of our elected officials? Do we even NEED elected officials? We could save MILLIONS by only having committee members to create bills and then just let the votes from each state be automatic. Isn't that pretty much what we have now, except we pay PEOPLE to vote?

You make one good point. Sad

12 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Whether the lady changed her story or not, the perception is she has and Moore supporters are jumping all over it. She should have never done a TV interview.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/roy_moore_vs_doug_jones_alabam_3.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Then there is this.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/roy_moore_takes_lead_in_senate.html#incart_m-rpt-2

21 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Her problem wasn't doing a TV interview.  Her problem (and I blame this mostly on her incompetent legal counsel) is that at the first press conference where she came forward with this yearbook, she should have pointed out that she added the date and place underneath Moore's signature so she'd remember it.  Had she done that, it wouldn't have even been a blip.  But when you don't say that up front and only admit to it weeks later after tons of speculation about why it looks different from the rest of the inscription, it looks like you were trying to hide it. 

In tennis they call that an unforced error.  Unfortunately, this isn't a tennis match and her doing this hurts other women who come forward when men prey on them.

The only way Senator Shelby could attack his soon to be colleague more directly would be to cut an ad for Doug Jones. 

A Moore classmate speaks out supporting him. This was buried in today's B'ham News that is doing everything they can to get Jones elected.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/12/high_school_classmate_defends.html#incart_river_home

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

A Moore classmate speaks out supporting him. This was buried in today's B'ham News that is doing everything they can to get Jones elected.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/12/high_school_classmate_defends.html#incart_river_home

Meh.

9 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Newsflash: A former classmate supports political candidate. Yeah, should have been the headline-- maybe even a special edition.

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Newsflash: A former classmate supports political candidate. Yeah, should have been the headline-- maybe even a special edition.

Your hypocrisy is blatant today. You believe a classmate who accuses Moore but belittle one who supports him. The accuser sure got front page attention.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Your hypocrisy is blatant today. You believe a classmate who accuses Moore but belittle one who supports him.

A) Got a link of me citing a Moore classmate?

B ) Wasn't belittling his classmate. Belittled the notion that his story wasn't given proper prominence.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

A) Got a link of me citing a Moore classmate?

B ) Wasn't belittling his classmate. Belittled the notion that his story wasn't given proper prominence.

Yawn.

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Caught you in a lie. Yeah, pretty yawningly routine.

My routine? Yours is derailing OPs you don't like to see. Wake up Tex you are having wet dreams. Try to stay on topic.

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Her problem wasn't doing a TV interview.  Her problem (and I blame this mostly on her incompetent legal counsel) is that at the first press conference where she came forward with this yearbook, she should have pointed out that she added the date and place underneath Moore's signature so she'd remember it.  Had she done that, it wouldn't have even been a blip.  But when you don't say that up front and only admit to it weeks later after tons of speculation about why it looks different from the rest of the inscription, it looks like you were trying to hide it. 

In tennis they call that an unforced error.  Unfortunately, this isn't a tennis match and her doing this hurts other women who come forward when men prey on them.

As bad of an own goal as this is, needs to be repeated for the less capable thinkers among us. 

Link

It would be very significant if the yearbook inscription were proven to be a forgery—it would be a sign that Nelson was out to get Moore and willing to lie in order to do so. As notedin last week's issue of THE WEEKLY STANDARD: "The Moore campaign also alleges that the signature was lifted from a court filing. Moore’s campaign claims the letters 'D.A.' don’t stand for 'district attorney' (Moore was assistant D.A. at the time), but for the initials of his assistant, Delbra Adams, who would stamp the judge’s name on court documents and write her initials."

Nelson and her lawyer Gloria Allred could've cleared this up somewhat had they earlier allowed a handwriting expert to test the age of the ink. Allred said she'd release the yearbook to the Senate if it held a hearing investigating Moore. But, as THE WEEKLY STANDARD noted last week, that was an odd offer, given the fact that the Senate would not have jurisdiction over the matter unless and until Moore wins and is seated.

So, as a matter of objective truth, Nelson's admission by itself is not an admission of forgery and does not disprove her allegation. It does not discredit women who said that Moore dated and kissed them when they were 17 years old. Nor does it discredit the allegations by Leigh Corfman, who says that she was molested by Moore at the age of 14.

Corfman's account, unlike Nelson's, was backed up by contemporaneous accounts and journalistic vetting by the Washington Post. Efforts to poke holes in her story in the month since the Postpublished its original report have failed. But there's no doubt that Moore and his allies will use this admission to cast doubt on all the accusations against him.

4 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Your hypocrisy is blatant today. You believe a classmate who accuses Moore but belittle one who supports him. The accuser sure got front page attention.

It's not hypocrisy to say that this is relatively meaningless.  Was this classmate around when any of these alleged incidents occurred?  No?  Then it amounts to a big "so what?"  I mean, nice, but it's no more important than any other endorsement.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I mean, nice, but it's no more important than any other endorsement.

I didn't say it was. Just that there is another side  by another classmate. I know this is not a court of law but in court this "witness" would be just as important as the others (accusers).

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

I didn't say it was. Just that there is another side  by another classmate. I know this is not a court of law but in court this "witness" would be just as important as the others (accusers).

He'd be in the side pile of character witnesses  people run through to say nice things.  Not a blip on the radar.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He'd be in the side pile of character witnesses  people run through to say nice things.  Not a blip on the radar.

It's a she not a he. Unless the accusers had some real evidence/proof I think her testimony as another woman would carry some weight. Would for me if I was on the jury.

Archived