Kerryon Johnson updates

WDE_OxPx_2010

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, aubaseball said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought the player had to be defenseless 

Yes. A ball carrier is not defenseless in most cases. 

No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul.

This specifies a hit with the top of the helmet, but not necessarily a hit to the opponent’s helmet.

The next item in the rulebook, including the aforementioned "Note 1," which explains the many additional situations in which all kinds of hits are considered targeting:

No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent (See Note 2 below) with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul (Rules 2-27-14 and 9-6). (A.R. 9-1-4-I-VI)

Note 1: "Targeting" means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:

• Launch—a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area
  • A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrustto attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area
  • Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet
  •  

12 hours ago, alexava said:

Does collarbone = scapula?

no...collar bone is the clavicle.

12 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Was it stated as fact that it was his collarbone? I had heard scapula several times. Is it a documented fact that he will be back next year without a doubt as you said? You said there is no official documentation that he was cleared Saturday, but you said he will likely play Saturday. It just seems you’re asking someone to support their posts with facts and not speculations while speculating in the same post. Again, I’m not trying to be sarcastic, just curious if you have access to info some of us do not.

As far as I know, it was and is his collar bone and not the scapula. You could have heard it was his clavicle which folks often confuse for the scapula. No, there is no documented fact that he will be back next year, but I have some sources who are reliable and have been in the past that have told me he plans to come back for his senior year in order to reestablish his elite RB status in order to be a high draft pick. Right now, he would be lucky to be drafted as a free agent.  We are talking about a huge amount of money KP would lose going out this year with so much unresolved health issues at the moment. He needs a strong senior year with good health to secure a 1-4th round pick.

All of the trash information floating around about him is highly unlikely and just garbage trolling information. From a logical and financial standpoint, look for KP to be back for 2018. I hope this answers your questions about him. I tend to distrust newer posters with less than 500 posts and 250 likes. With so much riding on our chances of making the playoffs, you will see a lot of distractors trying to create problems that do not exist.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, steeleagle said:

Why is this still being a possible reason? I've seen no reports, reliable sources on boards to even mention this. What could he have done around or after his injury to reach a non injury conclusion.?

Please folks, lets stop all of the nonsense about KP in trouble and cleared medically to play. Right now he is on the borderline of possibly being cleared to play.  To play it safe on side of caution, he should likely not play till the playoffs. By then, he should be fine and cleared to play without any reservations.

8 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

As far as I know, it was and is his collar bone and not the scapula. You could have heard it was his clavicle which folks often confuse for the scapula.

Doc, go to this link (and many other outlets saying the same) where it is reported as the scapula.   

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/10/auburn_running_back_kamryn_pet_7.html

Here's Gus quoted again just three days ago about him having a fracture:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/11/kamryn_pettway_ruled_out_for_s.html

Gus has been quoted multiple times that he has a fracture, an injury, nothing been said about any suspension.  In my opinion, all this chatter about him being in the doghouse/suspended/etc appears to be unsubstantiated rumor mongering on one of our players, and therefore should be stopped until some proof exists.  Not sure why the mods haven't intervened...

1 minute ago, ClarkGriswold said:

Doc, go to this link (and many other outlets saying the same) where it is reported as the scapula.   

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/10/auburn_running_back_kamryn_pet_7.html

Here's Gus quoted again just three days ago about him having a fracture:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/11/kamryn_pettway_ruled_out_for_s.html

Gus has been quoted multiple times that he has a fracture, an injury, nothing been said about any suspension.  In my opinion, all this chatter about him being in the doghouse/suspended/etc appears to be unsubstantiated rumor mongering on one of our players, and therefore should be stopped until some proof exists.  Not sure why the mods haven't intervened...

Thanks....I thought it was the Clavicle but stand corrected.  I am glad you posted this so that this foolishness about KP being in the doghouse and so forth. There is a lot of trolling out there and we will see more as we progress towards the playoffs.

Last I heard Gus say "He was better than he was yesterday." Then something to the effect "He will know when he is ready to play."

Gus is under no legal obligation to tell Ga who he is gonna play. He did say Pettway was a no go, I do believe that. But again under no legal obligation to show his hand.

19 hours ago, doc4aday said:

As far as I know, it was and is his collar bone and not the scapula. You could have heard it was his clavicle which folks often confuse for the scapula. No, there is no documented fact that he will be back next year, but I have some sources who are reliable and have been in the past that have told me he plans to come back for his senior year in order to reestablish his elite RB status in order to be a high draft pick. Right now, he would be lucky to be drafted as a free agent.  We are talking about a huge amount of money KP would lose going out this year with so much unresolved health issues at the moment. He needs a strong senior year with good health to secure a 1-4th round pick.

All of the trash information floating around about him is highly unlikely and just garbage trolling information. From a logical and financial standpoint, look for KP to be back for 2018. I hope this answers your questions about him. I tend to distrust newer posters with less than 500 posts and 250 likes. With so much riding on our chances of making the playoffs, you will see a lot of distractors trying to create problems that do not exist.

Don’t bash on the new posters. Most of us love Auburn as much as you do, just new to the party  but understand there are spies. But for the rest of us, this forum has become our most reliable source of team dynamics, because Al.com is sponsored by the devil. Kick ‘em in the butt big blue!

31 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Seeing unconfirmed twitter rumors now saying KJ is out for the game. Hopefully they're just rumors. 

Let's put it this way, when it comes to the health of our players, you can trust @passthebiscuits FAR more than twitter rumors.

36 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Seeing unconfirmed twitter rumors now saying KJ is out for the game. Hopefully they're just rumors. 

No way, man. I won’t believe it till I see him in street clothes

45 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I just looked through twitter for the last several minutes. None of the guys I trust have even mentioned it.

Its gonna be OK. R. Davis is gonna light it up like a Christmas tree. We still got great horses in the stable. Kam Martin is nothing to ignore. He and Stidham are linked already. Barrett and Miller are no jokes either.

32 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Why didn't I think of that... smh. Tiger Talk with Gus is at 6pm so maybe he'll talk about it but most likely he'll just say "we're hopeful" 

If we are extremely fortunate, KJ will just appear in the starting backfield Saturday just like Tre showed up on Defense last week. Keeping my fingers crossed...and my toes! wde...

http://www.kidport.com/RefLib/Science/HumanBody/SkeletalSystem/images/ShoulderJoint.jpg

scapular-humerus.png

Just for a little anatomy lesion: notice how the clavicle (collarbone) joins the scapula. So KP could have a fractured scapula at the acromion (part of the scapula) adjacent to the joint where the clavicle and the acromion meet.

Archived