Kerryon Johnson updates

WDE_OxPx_2010

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I doubt anyone, including Kerryon will know whether he is going to play until Saturday morning. 

I'll put it this way... I'm not man enough to look Kerryon in the face and tell him he's not playing in the SEC Championship game.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

He knows. 

If he knows, it's either because it's so bad that there isn't a chance of recovery by Saturday, or that he is absolutely well enough to play. Based upon the comments we've seen from Kerryon and the coaches, I suspect that he is somewhere in between. If that's the case, then he likely doesn't know. These guys are young, and their bodies can change a lot in 48 hours. He also still needs to be cleared medically. 

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'll put it this way... I'm not man enough to look Kerryon in the face and tell him he's not playing in the SEC Championship game.

If you're his doctor, you may owe him a duty to tell him that. 

Just now, alexava said:

I won’t feel easy about it till about 2 nd qtr. never seen a player give himself up during a play like that. 

Have thought the same thing. Can’t get my hopes up.

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

I won’t feel easy about it till about 2 nd qtr. never seen a player give himself up during a play like that. 

If he plays, I won't feel easy about it the entire game. For the majority of this season, I've only felt easy until the end of the 2nd quarter when he starts approaching 15-20  snaps. Every run after that I get more and more nervous for him. I think we can beat Georgia without him. I don't think we can win the CFP without him. 

If he gets cleared medically, I don't think Gus will be able to say no to him playing (nor do I think he should) - like @lionheartkc said, but I sure hope he is careful with him. 

7 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Everybody can give it a rest KJ is playing Saturday you can bank on it. This is what the guy lives for. They will tape it up good and maybe put some extra pads in but he will play. 

I hope so!

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

If he plays, I won't feel easy about it the entire game. For the majority of this season, I've only felt easy until the end of the 2nd quarter when he starts approaching 15-20  snaps. Every run after that I get more and more nervous for him. I think we can beat Georgia without him. I don't think we can win the CFP without him. 

If he gets cleared medically, I don't think Gus will be able to say no to him playing (nor do I think he should) - like @lionheartkc said, but I sure hope he is careful with him. 

I haven't felt completely comfortable watching him play in any game this season. All we got to do is swtich it up and not be so predictable when another rb comes in, like bringing Barrett in only for a swing pass. 

16 minutes ago, shabby said:

side note. what is the status of Kam Martin? 

Good to go. Made good cuts in practice but keep in mind it's basically offense v/s air this time of year.

I'd say he's 95%.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

The decision to keep playing against uat was KJs. He really wanted to put up some big numbers against uat. The coaches told him to stop at any point and they would take him out. When he took the handoff the pain of moving his arm became serious so he took a knee to avoid any more damage. I don’t think it surprised anyone at that point. That’s just how KJ runs. He has a heart of a tiger.

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The decision to keep playing against uat was KJs. He really wanted to put up some big numbers against uat. The coaches told him to stop at any point and they would take him out. When he took the handoff the pain of moving his arm became serious so he took a knee to avoid any more damage. I don’t think it surprised anyone at that point. That’s just how KJ runs. He has a heart of a tiger.

Some of this just don't make sense. He hurt his left shoulder earlier. It was obviously the left. when he went down it was something on the right side of his body bothering him. i don't know when that started or if it just started then. he is a warrior. 

Here is my wish...

I hope Kerryon is good to go against UGA. However, if he isn't I hope we go quickly to another back and not keep using him at less than healthy.

I want him to be well enough to play because he deserves a chance to play in this CHAMPIONSHIP game!  Kid gives it all and is the best ambassador for AU....I hope he sees the field Saturday if only for that reason.

Of course, I’d love for him to put like 28+ points up on uga too. 

Initial injury as he jumped toward the goal line was to the left shoulder. As he came down to the turf he impacted the right shoulder. He likes to hold the ball in the left arm, and did so without major concern. Later in the game he had a sudden and sharp pain near the mid to lower rib area on the right, hence his reaction on the play. Rib strains/contusions hurt like heck.

1 hour ago, WDavE said:

Here is my wish...

I hope Kerryon is good to go against UGA. However, if he isn't I hope we go quickly to another back and not keep using him at less than healthy.

This is my worry as well. If he's not effective we have to identify that quickly and adjust ASAP. I'm just hoping he's at least 80% as i think that would be enough. 

24 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Initial injury as he jumped toward the goal line was to the left shoulder. As he came down to the turf he impacted the right shoulder. He likes to hold the ball in the left arm, and did so without major concern. Later in the game he had a sudden and sharp pain near the mid to lower rib area on the right, hence his reaction on the play. Rib strains/contusions hurt like heck.

Isn't that pretty much what I said a few days ago?

On 11/28/2017 at 2:37 PM, bigbird said:

So what you're saying is it was a broken collar bone that forced a dislocated shoulder that tore his bicep tendon causing him to strain his abdominals as he winced from a rupturing appendix. Gotcha, thanks!

Archived