Kerryon Johnson updates

WDE_OxPx_2010

11 hours ago, doc4aday said:

We all know he broke his collar bone and being a retired MD from decades ago, this injury can take 6-9 weeks to heal enough to play. He is 6 weeks out from his injury.  If needed he could play, but I really think we will see him on the field in the playoffs. His injury has been well documented and I have not seen any official statement that he is cleared for Saturday. I just do not like to see rumors fly around without official documentations to back them. This is all.  I think KP is a good kid and will stay the course. KJ could go pro and no one could blame him with the season he has had. KP would be the man next year if all falls in place.

Was it stated as fact that it was his collarbone? I had heard scapula several times. Is it a documented fact that he will be back next year without a doubt as you said? You said there is no official documentation that he was cleared Saturday, but you said he will likely play Saturday. It just seems you’re asking someone to support their posts with facts and not speculations while speculating in the same post. Again, I’m not trying to be sarcastic, just curious if you have access to info some of us do not.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, doc4aday said:

We all know he broke his collar bone and being a retired MD from decades ago, this injury can take 6-9 weeks to heal enough to play. He is 6 weeks out from his injury.  

KP?  I didn't see any reports that what he broke was a collar bone.  Reports I read said it was the scapula.

44 minutes ago, alexava said:

Does collarbone = scapula?

No

Collarbone = clavicle

Shoulder blade = scapula

Golf = Tool

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

No

Collarbone = clavicle

Shoulder blade = scapula

Golf = Tool

Yes I kinda knew that. Was making a point to the doc.  

15 hours ago, div3 said:

regarding kp,,, 1.) is he infact eligible to come back next season after he played in at least 3 games this year and qualify for a redshirt,,,we possibly get another shot with him next year?

2.) if he's healed up by the playoffs,,,, how would using him in the championship game affect any eligibility he may or may not have? seems like i recall bowl games not affecting these requirements or maybe "the clock was reset" in the old pre BCS days?

I'm still dreaming of the opportunity to one day get to see a healthy 1, 2 punch w/ these guys.  we were so close to it becoming reality i was salivating. i'm still hoping there's a sliver of a chance it's still possible. 

First, he's a Junior, so eligibility is not an issue for next year. Second, he's not eligible for a medical redshirt because he came back and played in a couple games the second half of the season.

3 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Was it stated as fact that it was his collarbone? I had heard scapula several times. Is it a documented fact that he will be back next year without a doubt as you said? You said there is no official documentation that he was cleared Saturday, but you said he will likely play Saturday. It just seems you’re asking someone to support their posts with facts and not speculations while speculating in the same post. Again, I’m not trying to be sarcastic, just curious if you have access to info some of us do not.

You misunderstood his post. He never said he could play Saturday. He was referring to the CFP playoffs in January. 

Who cares what bone it is ? It's a bone fracture taking 6-8 weeks.  

No on knows him he will return. His only reason to return would be to try to have a healthy year so it can help his draft status.  But RBs are different in drafting. KP may have had enough and simply leave and just try to sign as a FA or very late draft pick.  Probelm is he has had injuries now for 2 years. 

Different subject, but I noticed something during the game the first time Kerryon got hurt. Danielson, in his usual bama bravado, was saying that he took a helmet to the shoulder (which he later, tellingly, referred to as the "shoulder area"), but it looked to me like the defender lowered his helmet and placed the crown of it firmly into the earhole of Kerryon's helmet. I can't find the video anywhere (other than the whole game). Did anyone else see that and if so, isn't that targeting?

20 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Second, he's not eligible for a medical redshirt because he came back and played in a couple games the second half of the season.

Specifically, he played in more than 30% of the games this year (5).

21 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

You misunderstood his post. He never said he could play Saturday. He was referring to the CFP playoffs in January. 

Who cares what bone it is ? It's a bone fracture taking 6-8 weeks.  

No on knows him he will return. His only reason to return would be to try to have a healthy year so it can help his draft status.  But RBs are different in drafting. KP may have had enough and simply leave and just try to sign as a FA or very late draft pick.  Probelm is he has had injuries now for 2 years. 

Actually, I did not misunderstand his post. He said he felt KP could play THIS SATURDAY if needed. I simply asked where he heard anything like this because everything I’ve heard and read have said otherwise.

The bone that was injured could be a big deal  based on what bone it is, where it is in the body, and the function it serves. The whole point of the post was putting out information that isn’t true or verified and the effect it can have.

22 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

Specifically, he played in more than 30% of the games this year (5).

And even if he didn't, the injury has to be considered season ending and he came back and got injured again.  Basically he doesn't really meet any of the criteria other than he got hurt.

7 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

The bone that was injured could be a big deal  based on what bone it is, where it is in the body, and the function it serves

This... there is always a concern for internal injuries when a scapula breaks, especially to the lungs, so playing with one that isn't thoroughly healed is beyond stupid.

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Different subject, but I noticed something during the game the first time Kerryon got hurt. Danielson, in his usual bama bravado, was saying that he took a helmet to the shoulder (which he later, tellingly, referred to as the "shoulder area"), but it looked to me like the defender lowered his helmet and placed the crown of it firmly into the earhole of Kerryon's helmet. I can't find the video anywhere (other than the whole game). Did anyone else see that and if so, isn't that targeting?

Absolutely it was targeting.  Crown of his helmet to KJ’s ear hole.  Incredible there was no mention by Danielson.

8 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

KP?  I didn't see any reports that what he broke was a collar bone.  Reports I read said it was the scapula.

Would love to see Kenny Powers play Saturday 

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

The SEC Network does a show called SEC NOW that I watched last night that had a shot of the play from that corner of the endzone looking back toward the field and there was definitely helmet to helmet contact, but it wasn't the crown of the Bammer's helmet.  The sides of their helmets collided. (I was irate about that initially as well, but when I saw the other angle, it wasn't targeting IMO).  I haven't been able to find that video on the web, but if you happen to come across last night's "SEC NOW" program, it was at the 17 minute mark just after they show Garner talking to the defensive line about setting the edge.  (Don't know if there's a way to post a video from my phone here as I haven't posted here much.) 

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I think Auburn Football or someone else shared this on FB (the play, not trying to say it was targeting) and it was legit helmet to helmet. I hope Gus sent that in to the officiating crew to review.

1 minute ago, Linayus said:

I think Auburn Football or someone else shared this on FB (the play, not trying to say it was targeting) and it was legit helmet to helmet. I hope Gus sent that in to the officiating crew to review.

Thanks, I thought so.  It didn't take long before I noticed several attempts to hurt our guys... mostly when they had already been tackled.

I also noted that when Cox took that guys leg out, he went over and, I assume, apologized while he was down.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Thanks, I thought so.  It didn't take long before I noticed several attempts to hurt our guys... mostly when they had already been tackled.

I also noted that when Cox took that guys leg out, he went over and, I assume, apologized while he was down.

I noticed that too. Cox is a good kid. 

18 minutes ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

The SEC Network does a show called SEC NOW that I watched last night that had a shot of the play from that corner of the endzone looking back toward the field and there was definitely helmet to helmet contact, but it wasn't the crown of the Bammer's helmet.  The sides of their helmets collided. (I was irate about that initially as well, but when I saw the other angle, it wasn't targeting IMO).  I haven't been able to find that video on the web, but if you happen to come across last night's "SEC NOW" program, it was at the 17 minute mark just after they show Garner talking to the defensive line about setting the edge.  (Don't know if there's a way to post a video from my phone here as I haven't posted here much.) 

Targeting doesn't have to be with the crown of the helmet.  Any shot to the helmet could be called targeting.  Hitting with the crown almost always gets a targeting. 

20 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Tried to find the video but couldn't - I hate searching Facebook. But it stood out especially because they enhanced the crack of the two helmets hitting to hype up the video.

11 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Targeting doesn't have to be with the crown of the helmet.  Any shot to the helmet could be called targeting.  Hitting with the crown almost always gets a targeting. 

And the fact that the bama player lowered his head before contact should have at least gotten it a review.

I still think it's hilarious that after the replay showed it was a helmet to helmet hit, Danielson referred to it as hitting him in the "shoulder area". Can't call out the fact that his boys in crimson had a helmet to helmet hit.

Archived