Kerryon Johnson updates

WDE_OxPx_2010

If KJ can’t go, I hope to see Cox get some snaps in at RB. He has good ball skills for a FB, and his pass blocking is getting better/superior to the other backs. He could play the KP type of role

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, djg0017 said:

If KJ can’t go, I hope to see Cox get some snaps in at RB. He has good ball skills for a FB, and his pass blocking is getting better/superior to the other backs. He could play the KP type of role

I agree his ball skills are good for a FB, but he is the best blocking FB we have.  Taking him out of the FB position causes other immediate issues.

3 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I agree his ball skills are good for a FB, but he is the best blocking FB we have.  Taking him out of the FB position causes other immediate issues.

I just meant for any single back sets. Just talking 5 touches maybe

Just now, djg0017 said:

I just meant for any single back sets. Just talking 5 touches maybe

Yeah I am always for giving the dog a bone every now and then.  He has worked his tail off to get better about blocking in space.  He use to be one of the biggest liabilities but has really turned it around.  As long as he is not lining up as the "Whirly Bird QB", then I say let the dog run some.

10 hours ago, Ber798297 said:

So KJ scared a few twitter followers.  He’s definitely worth a follow as he’s pretty funny.

Apparently more people than E suffer from a lack of sarcasm detection.

Just now, lkeel75 said:

Yeah I am always for giving the dog a bone every now and then.  He has worked his tail off to get better about blocking in space.  He use to be one of the biggest liabilities but has really turned it around.  As long as he is not lining up as the "Whirly Bird QB", then I say let the dog run some.

Yeah, I cautiously think we learned our lesson with the whirly bird...maybe. He could be useful on chip blocks into a screen on short 3rd downs. Of course if KM, DB, and MM are taking it to them then keep them going. But Cox has always been good with the ball in his hands..................uhhhh right not the whirly bird though.

1 minute ago, djg0017 said:

Yeah, I cautiously think we learned our lesson with the whirly bird...maybe. He could be useful on chip blocks into a screen on short 3rd downs. Of course if KM, DB, and MM are taking it to them then keep them going. But Cox has always been good with the ball in his hands..................uhhhh right not the whirly bird though.

They better have buried the whirly bird in the swampiest swamp they could find where nobody dares look for it ever again!

18 hours ago, WDE Matty said:

Don’t bash on the new posters. Most of us love Auburn as much as you do, just new to the party  but understand there are spies. But for the rest of us, this forum has become our most reliable source of team dynamics, because Al.com is sponsored by the devil. Kick ‘em in the butt big blue!

No problems...welcome aboard my friend!

37 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

They better have buried the whirly bird in the swampiest swamp they could find where nobody dares look for it ever again!

Kill it with fire.

51 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Yeah, right next to Artex...

Image result for swamp of sadness gif

So recap request: What are those in the know saying about the odds of Kerryon starting the game. Am I just sunshine pumping with my deciphering. My conclusion I'm drawing  is that  he is likely to start but questionable as to how effective he can be?

3 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Agree. Just noticed on a few occasions where he has picked up the blitz but was just very overmatched. I like Kam. I think we should've utilized him more in certain games this season. Hoping he has a great game Saturday b/c we're going to need him. 

I agree, in the knowing who to block when, Kam is even a little further behind, so I’m told.

9 minutes ago, AubieRick said:

Is this the all-time most viewed post in AUFamily history?

Heck, I probably have about 31,000 of the 32,000 views myself.  I'm clickin' refresh about every half second to get any updates on his status.  I've had a little extra time on my hands this week and am reaching heretofore unseen levels of unproductivity.  clickclickityclick

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I will give him credit though.  Over the summer he was able to land a pretty attractive intern that does his Youtube videos with him now.  How a guy like him landed her is interesting.

You have a point...she is the only reason I watch their videos.

18 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

You have a point...she is the only reason I watch their videos.

I have only watched two or three, but only the parts with her.  I actually used to listen to their podcasts believe it or not. But half of each podcast is literally talking about nothing Auburn football related.  I really don't care about how much Marcello hates the Fast 7 movie.  And then I learned of their (ridiculous) beef with this forum and stopped listening/watching/reading anything from them.  I do listen to the All-Access Auburn and Inside the Auburn Tigers podcasts though.  Religiously.

35 minutes ago, AubieRick said:

Is this the all-time most viewed post in AUFamily history?

HAHA  Not even close.  Pretty sure Justin Fields is taking that at the moment link with just around 134,000

Archived