CTT's contract

RVTiger

I predict that, beginning next year, you will begin to see a lot of coaches have their contracts structured much like CTT's. And those that don't will be telling their school that they are willing to listen to any offer that comes along. CTT always seems to be ahead of the crowd and this is another good example. Good for him and good for AU!

I think that when people criticize the school for offering CTT such a huge buyout or whatever that they fail to realize exactly what could happen if they had not done this. All arrows point to future success at AU in the football program based on returning players, assistant coach hirings of late, and the overall program that CTT has run. Keeping him here is the best option for the future of Auburn football. If we offered a short contract with a very do-able buyout, the likehood of him leaving would be much greater, causing us to be on the coaching carousel and causing more harm before good. Ask the bammers about that. I think that CTT really wants to stay in Auburn and used this contract as his way of staying here and covering his back because of what happened before. There's nobody else I'd rather have at the healm right now than CTT.

..and let's not forget the recruiting advantage that comes from a coach being able to promise, with 99% certainty, that he will be there for a kid's entire college career. Remember the damper that Petrinogate and CTT's uncertain future put on recruiting last year!

Archived