Top AD candidates becoming clearer

WDE_OxPx_2010

On 12/13/2017 at 7:37 AM, AU64 said:

How does "having contact" affect M-D or SE's qualifications?   That was my point....it cast a negative sounding tone with no basis.  

And we do have folks show up to troll on subjects that interest them ...not seen before and rarely seen afterward...

Welcome to the conversation. ..post more often ?

Thanks there 64. I mainly read because I get more info that way. I’m fairly disconnected from key folks with solid info. Also I feel Abe Lincoln had it right about remaining quiet to come across a bit more intelligent. Love my school and always want the best for it. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I have to take issue with you. I have been around the corporate world for a long time . Sexual harassment has always been out there. It just was ignored by most people. I am a male but I have witnessed it where bosses made rude comments, where men touched women in places they shouldn’t have. But when the issue is raised it is always  “well it’s just boys being boys or locker room talk”. 

You should have moved on big dog.  Not sure about your "corporate world", but I've been working in construction related sales for almost thirty years and have never, ever, seen anything that could be construed as sexual harassment. 

1 hour ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You should have moved on big dog.  Not sure about your "corporate world", but I've been working in construction related sales for almost thirty years and have never, ever, seen anything that could be construed as sexual harassment. 

I have seen it. I have seen two men get fired for it and I know another man that got his azz whupped by his secretary's husband. This in spite of excessive, redundant training sessions and constant written reminders. It's out there and some people simply can't seem to control themselves.

11 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

If you have never seen it was most likely because you either don’t know what it is or have a typical jock attitude that believes everything is okay if you don’t really mean anything. Either way it exist and you can put your head back in the sand now.

I've been a senior manager or executive of some sort since the mid-eighties.  I normally say that having to fire someone is the hardest part of my job - but reading this thread reminds me how much I loathe dealing with sexual harassment issues.

2 hours ago, oldaufeller said:

I've been a senior manager or executive of some sort since the mid-eighties.  I normally say that having to fire someone is the hardest part of my job - but reading this thread reminds me how much I loathe dealing with sexual harassment issues.

Dealing with this from a management standpoint is horrible, I've been there too. I've also been in the unfortunate position of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, seeing something and being called as a witness. In that deal, all you can do is tell the truth and it will almost always result in the loss of a friend.

23 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

My wife used to work as a cashier at a construction/hardware store when we were dating and she dealt with her share of sexually rude and harassing comments. The cashiers were somewhat isolated from customers on a platform so she never was touched inappropately but inappropriate comments weren't uncommon. One guy got so dirty on the phone with her that it scared her and she had to get guys to walk her to her car after her shift. Her female coworker even had a customer stalk her.

I just had to deal with one of these issues. My business will be fortunate to avoid a civil claim under Title VII. Ugly situation for all parties, including the employees who are totally clueless about it but would be harmed by a big Title VII claim against the business. Men thinking with something other than their cerebral brain is the source of so much misery, SMH

19 hours ago, Mikey said:

....all you can do is tell the truth and it will almost always result in the loss of a friend.

You guys are hanging out with the wrong people.  The whole concept is so ridiculously easy to avoid in the first place.  

Archived