Jeff Grimes to BYU as OC

GwillMac6

Congrats to him. The best OL recruiter in recent memory for AU.

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

Really good recruiter.  Not great OL coach.  Not bad just really average.  I actually think Jeff would make a great head coach one day.  Not sure about OC.  

If Grimes is average, where is Hand?

38 minutes ago, bigsixfive said:

If Grimes is average, where is Hand?

I'd put Hand at good recruiter good technical coach.   Grimes I'd put at great recruiter, average technical coach.  So both probably equal out in the long run.  

Kinda hard to imagine JG designing their offensive scheme...or calling a game plan but you never know I guess.  Seemed like a very good family guy and should fit their culture well.

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Kinda hard to imagine JG designing their offensive scheme...or calling a game plan but you never know I guess.  Seemed like a very good family guy and should fit their culture well.

lol fit their culture well?! you saying you always saw mormon tendencies in him?!

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol fit their culture well?! you saying you always saw mormon tendencies in him?!

Very family oriented lifestyle....Mormon tendencies ?  who knows?  ...... but betting he will fit in just fine there.    I recall all the adoption stories from his days at AU.....and he's been at BYU in the past.     Seems like a good move by BYU and him. 

PS..guess I can't see Lane Kiffen in that job....:)

Great for him and us.  He is a great recruiter. LSU will probably find another great recruiter though. 

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Great for him and us.  He is a great recruiter. LSU will probably find another great recruiter though. 

All schools seem to have "great recruiters".....so I'm thinking that maybe all of these "great recruiters" cancel each other out when trying to recruit against each other in the SEC.   

And while all the schools have a couple great recruiters .... year in year out the schools stay pretty much in the same ranking....maybe a little up or a little down but I'm thinking that Vandy or Kentucky would still finish near the bottom no matter who recruits for them. . 

JMO but I think I could be a great recruiter for bama as long as I knew how to text their prospects half a dozen times a day to remind them that "Nick is the pipeline to the NFL" and they don't wont' to miss their opportunity by going to some loser school. 

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:35 PM, corchjay said:

I'd put Hand at good recruiter good technical coach.   Grimes I'd put at great recruiter, average technical coach.  So both probably equal out in the long run.  

Coach, would you agree that JB was the best technical coach of recent memory?

On 12/15/2017 at 1:26 PM, AU64 said:

Very family oriented lifestyle....Mormon tendencies ?  who knows?  ...... but betting he will fit in just fine there.    I recall all the adoption stories from his days at AU.....and he's been at BYU in the past.     Seems like a good move by BYU and him. 

PS..guess I can't see Lane Kiffen in that job....:)

or Bobby Petrino

23 hours ago, 1913-14 said:

To me, unequiviocally yes

On 12/16/2017 at 8:07 AM, 1913-14 said:

I would say he was very good technically and also great at motivating his guys to dominate.  Not just do your job but also dominate your guy.  He was also blessed at AU to have extremely talented O-linemen 

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

I would say he was very good technically and also great at motivating his guys to dominate.  Not just do your job but also dominate your guy.  He was also blessed at AU to have extremely talented O-linemen 

why do you think it was we didn't run behind Braden more?

4 hours ago, 1913-14 said:

why do you think it was we didn't run behind Braden more?

We were very real right handed in running this year.  Braden and James were/are dominant run blockers and I’d guess the run percentages was around 65 percent to the right.  No data from me to back that up but it’s significantly higher to the right then the left.  Most of the runs to the left were the keep by Stidham or the speed sweep to Stove 

Just read a draft analysis on him and they noticed the same thing I picked up on...initial punch/shiver wasn't what it should be and a tendency to place hands outside of the shoulders instead of inside locked up on the breast plate...

14 hours ago, corchjay said:

We were very real right handed in running this year.  Braden and James were/are dominant run blockers and I’d guess the run percentages was around 65 percent to the right.  No data from me to back that up but it’s significantly higher to the right then the left.  Most of the runs to the left were the keep by Stidham or the speed sweep to Stove 

I should have clarified...in short yardage(yard or less)...right up the tail pipe...seemed in those situations we didn't utilize our best blocker...

Archived