2019 4* TE Hudson Henry

WFE12

He will need to forget all of those routes he has between the hash marks that exploit the middle of a defense.  Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Absolutely cannot see him leaving Arkansas. He would be hated for signing with the usurper Gus Malzahn . Plus his brother and family is loved at Fayetteville.

34 minutes ago, DAG said:

Absolutely cannot see him leaving Arkansas. He would be hated for signing with the usurper Gus Malzahn . Plus his brother and family is loved at Fayetteville.

Went to same school as Hastings and his brother (obviously). Same school that never punts and onside kicks it every time. 

4 minutes ago, ATOTiger said:

I have no idea why a receiving tight end would come play for us. They are totally underutilized at AU. 

Hey new guy, the reason we don’t throw to a tight end is because we don’t have a tight end with receiving abilities to Chip’s liking. This is only the 4000th time this has been said on the recruiting forum. 

8 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Went to same school as Hastings and his brother (obviously). Same school that never punts and onside kicks it every time. 

Yep Pulaski academy !

#4001: Lauren Shute and Ben Wolk have been saying GusChip doesn't throw to our TE's because we have not had any TE's with hands since Uzomah. Cannella apparently has disappointed in that regard, Jalen is a blocker (period) and Shenker was red shirted.

14 minutes ago, ATOTiger said:

I have no idea why a receiving tight end would come play for us. They are totally underutilized at AU. 

By that rationale, why would a 4* TE choose UGA?  Their 5* guy got maybe a 100 yards on about 9 catches.  Canella probably dropped that many passes in the first half of the season. 

16 minutes ago, ATOTiger said:

We was the last time we had a receiving Tight End to utilize?

56 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wouldn't be the first player to get some hate for leaving Arkansas to play for Gus. A staff change can make a big difference in how people feel about a place.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

We was the last time we had a receiving Tight End to utilize?

Wouldn't be the first player to get some hate for leaving Arkansas to play for Gus. A staff change can make a big difference in how people feel about a place.

This is little different than Michael Dyer, who had zero association with Arkansas. Same with KF, who was being recruited by Gus since his 8th grade year and also had no association with Arkansas. Hudsons’s family and brother are both huge hog fans and beloved alumni. And BTW, Kevin Kelley is no friend of CGM.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is little different than Michael Dyer, who had zero association with Arkansas. Same with KF, who was being recruited by Gus since his 8th grade year and also had no association with Arkansas. Hudsons’s family and brother are both huge hog fans and beloved alumni. And BTW, Kevin Kelley is no friend of CGM.

I get you... I'm sure he's under a lot of pressure, and he may be a huge hog fan, but he may also want a shot at playing for a championship and playing early, both of which he could get at Auburn and at least the championship is unlikely at Arkansas. 

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I get you... I'm sure he's under a lot of pressure, and he may be a huge hog fan, but he may also want a shot at playing for a championship and playing early, both of which he could get at Auburn and at least the championship is unlikely at Arkansas. 

I hope so! Because you are right . He sure as heck won’t be seeing that at anytime at Arkansas and I wish more recruits thought that way.

Not a snowball's chance....

Father - Mark;  4 year letterman at Arkansas (OL), All SWC

Mother - Jenny;  Attended Arkansas

Brother - Hunter; 3 year letterman at Arkansas (TE), All American

Brother - Hayden;  2018 signee Arkansas (LB)

Grandfather - Skip Coffman;  4 year letterman Arkansas basketball

By the way, this is a tremendous family, Mark Henry was the pastor at North Metro Church in my neck of the woods before they moved back "home".

22 hours ago, ATOTiger said:

Many very good college teams seem to underuse their TE's. UGA''s Nota was the #1 TE in his class and he is underutilized. Bama has underutilized theirs as well. It does not keep the best HS TE's from commiting. UGA just pulled Luke Ford who is #1 in this class. 

I dont think we have any excuses. We should pull a good TE every year we need one.

The answer will always be “no” unless you at least try and ask.  It can’t hurt to offer the kid.  I’m sure Tennessee was told the same thing about Peyton Manning. 

30 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

The answer will always be “no” unless you at least try and ask.  It can’t hurt to offer the kid.  I’m sure Tennessee was told the same thing about Peyton Manning. 

Absolutely.  If you don't throw your line in the water you'll never catch anything. 

On 12/22/2017 at 12:57 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Hey new guy, the reason we don’t throw to a tight end is because we don’t have a tight end with receiving abilities to Chip’s liking. This is only the 4000th time this has been said on the recruiting forum. 

where did you get the info that we have no Receiving TEs that CHip likes?

So what does he want in his TE? Harris caught 2 passes last year.. both for TDs...what does he want besides that? 

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

where did you get the info that we have no Receiving TEs that CHip likes?

So what does he want in his TE? Harris caught 2 passes last year.. both for TDs...what does he want besides that? 

Because Jalen Harris is a blocking TE. He caught two TD’s last year. Prior to Chip Lindsey being our OC. 

8 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Because Jalen Harris is a blocking TE. He caught two TD’s last year. Prior to Chip Lindsey being our OC. 

And Chip went out and made finding a pass catching TE a priority. Unfortunately, as of now, Canella is the Bonomolo of offense.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

And Chip went out and made finding a pass catching TE a priority. Unfortunately, as of now, Canella is the Bonomolo of offense.

and we found out so far..he can't catch either...so how do they not find a decent TE if that is what CL focused on? all their effort went into Luke, and we got burned, os now we're scrambling to get any TE?

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

and we found out so far..he can't catch either...so how do they not find a decent TE if that is what CL focused on? all their effort went into Luke, and we got burned, os now we're scrambling to get any TE?

Possibly Nate Watson. Nate looks like he runs little too stiff for me though. Wouldn’t mind taking a grad transfer there since we couldn’t adequately address the need during the early signing period( ESP for future reference.)

On 12/24/2017 at 9:15 AM, steeleagle said:

Two things:  Finding a TE is getting harder and harder because of the lack of use in HS and the lack of use in our offense.  It is a development position, very seldom does a true freshman see the field.     

The second thing is the continued focus on one person strategy that Gus does.  Other schools are using it to their advantage against us.

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Two things:  Finding a TE is getting harder and harder because of the lack of use in HS and the lack of use in our offense.  It is a development position, very seldom does a true freshman see the field.     

The second thing is the continued focus on one person strategy that Gus does.  Other schools are using it to their advantage against us.

so why do teams like Ark, who always seems to have a quality receiving TE, get them, if they are dying breed in HS with the D/T QBs...?  There are other teams too that I watch that seem to have great receiving TEs too....

Archived