Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is a great question. I have no clue really. I would love to say the Rock (since I was a Rock guy back then) but there has never been anyone like the Rock before him and there will never be anyone like him after. He is to unique.

I think she is still transitioning into her character.  It seems like a heel turn, but probably slow playing it for the wrestlemania match, especially if triple threat.  You have Ronda playing face,  Becky with a payback mentality that the fans are behind, and Charlotte that feels a bit of an aggressor if she forces her way in the match. She wants to punish both for different reasons. As far as a previous example,  kinda reminds me of NWO Kevin Nash back in the Goldberg feud. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I think she is still transitioning into her character.  It seems like a heel turn, but probably slow playing it for the wrestlemania match, especially if triple threat.  You have Ronda playing face,  Becky with a payback mentality that the fans are behind, and Charlotte that feels a bit of an aggressor if she forces her way in the match. She wants to punish both for different reasons. As far as a previous example,  kinda reminds me of NWO Kevin Nash back in the Goldberg feud. 

Ronda being a face is a joke!!!!! Ronda the person is def not a face!!! They need to let her be a tweener at least and lean in to her UFC persona which is the real her. Trying to have her be a cookie cutter babyface is a disservice to her. I AM WAITING FOR THEM TO FULLY UNLEASH MONSTER HEEL CHARLOTTE!!!!!! That is the best version of her. She just works a lot better as a heel. O GAWWWWWWWWD I just blew chunks. I absolutely despise Diesel!!!!!! lol. I thought he was a garbage wrestler who road the coattails of his much more talented and entertaining friends!!!!! hahaha. To finally answer your question it unfortunately (for me) seems like they are grooming her to be Attitude Era HHH who was the third wheel (if that. depends on where you have taker and mick foley in all of this) to Austin and Rock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ronda being a face is a joke!!!!! Ronda the person is def not a face!!! They need to let her be a tweener at least and lean in to her UFC persona which is the real her. Trying to have her be a cookie cutter babyface is a disservice to her. I AM WAITING FOR THEM TO FULLY UNLEASH MONSTER HEEL CHARLOTTE!!!!!! That is the best version of her. She just works a lot better as a heel. O GAWWWWWWWWD I just blew chunks. I absolutely despise Diesel!!!!!! lol. I thought he was a garbage wrestler who road the coattails of his much more talented and entertaining friends!!!!! hahaha. To finally answer your question it unfortunately (for me) seems like they are grooming her to be Attitude Era HHH who was the third wheel (if that. depends on where you have taker and mick foley in all of this) to Austin and Rock.

Agree with all of it above.  Yes, probably a bad example.  Lol.  I can see the HHH reference.  I think Ronda is waiting for the 4 horsewoman of MMA to make the call up.  We could see some good action there.  I am excited for the possibilities if 2 women factions going at it.  We have seen several signs of it building at Rumble and before with the 4 fingers secretly and not so secret in Banks sign to Ronda lol.  Exciting times for sure. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Agree with all of it above.  Yes, probably a bad example.  Lol.  I can see the HHH reference.  I think Ronda is waiting for the 4 horsewoman of MMA to make the call up.  We could see some good action there.  I am excited for the possibilities if 2 women factions going at it.  We have seen several signs of it building at Rumble and before with the 4 fingers secretly and not so secret in Banks sign to Ronda lol.  Exciting times for sure. 

Women wrasslin is def carrying the company these days!!! IT IS AWESOME BABY!!! the best it has ever been. WOOOOO!!!

On 1/28/2019 at 11:01 PM, GwillMac6 said:

lol and The more jealous and mad I continue to get. I tried. I really did. I just am soooooooo pissed. More mad than any AU football game has made me this past year! haha. That was supposed to be Charlottes spot. It had been penciled in for a got damn year that the main event of 35 would be charlotte and rousey. SMH. Becky literally came flying off the top rope with this SURGE of momentum. I will watch their match at mania like this. 

e.gif

Gwill reaction now 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Gwill reaction now 

giphy.gif

I see how they are going to use the last ppv before mania in getting becky back in to the match and making it a triple threat. I REALLY REALLY do not want her to beat charlotte again. FOR GOODNESS SAKE they let her beat her way to much as it is already. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I see how they are going to use the last ppv before mania in getting becky back in to the match and making it a triple threat. I REALLY REALLY do not want her to beat charlotte again. FOR GOODNESS SAKE they let her beat her way to much as it is already. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Well at least according to McMahon she is suspended until day after Mania, but we will see.  If not, I can't wait for Charlotte and Ronda.  WWE had to save it by using the Vince card.  Lol. 

Edited by AUBwins

28 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Well at least according to McMahon she is suspended until day after Mania, but we will see.  If not, I can't wait for Charlotte and Ronda.  WWE had to save it by using the Vince card.  Lol. 

hahaha COME ON!!! YOU KNOW Becky is getting back in to this match and winning at Mania!!! This is her mania and her moment. They are 5 years later basically re creating the dbry vs the authority angle. But becky is much more like a stone cold than dbry. Match is going to be awesome though with 2 great wrestlers in becky and charlotte and a improving rowdy.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahaha COME ON!!! YOU KNOW Becky is getting back in to this match and winning at Mania!!! This is her mania and her moment. They are 5 years later basically re creating the dbry vs the authority angle. But becky is much more like a stone cold than dbry. Match is going to be awesome though with 2 great wrestlers in becky and charlotte and a improving rowdy.

Haha.  Just tempering a little excitement until it happens.  One thing for sure, it will definitely be better than anything else the put together at Wrestlemania.  The real question, will they let it close the night as the main event? 

Edited by AUBwins

On 2/12/2019 at 6:10 AM, AUBwins said:

Haha.  Just tempering a little excitement until it happens.  One thing for sure, it will definitely be better than anything else the put together at Wrestlemania.  The real question, will they let it close the night as the main event? 

MANNNNNN THEY BETTER!!!!!!!!!! This is easily the best and hottest fued right now bro!!!!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Let's go baby!

IMG_1719.GIF

STUPID STUPID STUPID. X pac should be no where near a hall of fame. Even as a faction. Dude is HORRIBLE! There is a reason X Pac heat is a thing. The best version of D-X was the first with HHH, HBK, Chyna and RIK RUUUUUUUUUUUUDE. Everyone gets to be inducted but rik rude?!?! He was a OG member. bull****!!!!!!! SMH.

Edited by GwillMac6

Interested to see the fallout from the Chamber tonight just a few miles away from me in the heart of cajun country.  Becky has yet to stay suspended, but let's see if she arrives again. Chamber had some good moments but a bit short lacking on the card overall. Can't wait for tonight though.  Got a feeling it will be a big night.  They like coming to Lafayette and usually give a good show.  Cajundome did a recent renovation last year and painted the arena Black to accommodate WWE preferences.  They have one of the South's finest fitness clubs in town they like to go to also. Becky Becky Becky! 

That last part was for you @GwillMac6 😁

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Interested to see the fallout from the Chamber tonight just a few miles away from me in the heart of cajun country.  Becky has yet to stay suspended, but let's see if she arrives again. Chamber had some good moments but a bit short lacking on the card overall. Can't wait for tonight though.  Got a feeling it will be a big night.  They like coming to Lafayette and usually give a good show.  Cajundome did a recent renovation last year and painted the arena Black to accommodate WWE preferences.  They have one of the South's finest fitness clubs in town they like to go to also. Becky Becky Becky! 

I hope Charlotte "breaks" beckys leg tonight lol

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hope Charlotte "breaks" beckys leg tonight lol

She evidently didn't do a very good job of it on Saturday night at the Live show. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

She evidently didn't do a very good job of it on Saturday night at the Live show. 

hahaha becky apparently is not very good at selling!!! COME ON BECKY!!! KEEP KAYFABE ALIVE BABY!!!!!! lol

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahaha becky apparently is not very good at selling!!! COME ON BECKY!!! KEEP KAYFABE ALIVE BABY!!!!!! lol

Haha, yea.  Ronda broke it a little early last night in that awkward ring stare waiting for Becky.  She's "hurt" and takes a while to get there.  Gotta give her time since she is keeping it real 😂

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Haha, yea.  Ronda broke it a little early last night in that awkward ring stare waiting for Becky.  She's "hurt" and takes a while to get there.  Gotta give her time since she is keeping it real 😂

I wish she could "keep it real" by being off t.v. for a couple of weeks!!!! I know I would enjoy not having to see the becky show every week!!! hahaaha

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I wish she could "keep it real" by being off t.v. for a couple of weeks!!!! I know I would enjoy not having to see the becky show every week!!! hahaaha

Touche' 

Just now, AUBwins said:

Touche' 

YAH BABY!!! SELL THE INJURY ANGLE!!! And she would get a even louder pop than usual when she returns.

37 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

The house that Bob Marlin built!!!! That dude is freaking nuts and is always losing his minds during ULL games!!!! haha. Really entertaining though..... The Cajundome has to be the smallest town and market where they put forth a big effort to always make it a memorable Raw. I remember back in 2013 Cm Punk and Cena wrestled there for the opportunity to face Rock at Mania.  Punk did a FREAKING AMAZING pile driver on cena!!! It was insane. Great great match. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The house that Bob Marlin built!!!! That dude is freaking nuts and is always losing his minds during ULL games!!!! haha. Really entertaining though..... The Cajundome has to be the smallest town and market where they put forth a big effort to always make it a memorable Raw. I remember back in 2013 Cm Punk and Cena wrestled there for the opportunity to face Rock at Mania.  Punk did a FREAKING AMAZING pile driver on cena!!! It was insane. Great great match. 

Yes! This city loves their UL sports and sports entertainment.  WWE and Monster Jam are consistent every year. WWE usually comes right after a PPV on the road to Mania. With NXT showing up tonight and the events so far, I am jealous I am not in the arena tonight. Haven't seen anyone I know yet, but know some guys that go every time. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Yes! This city loves their UL sports and sports entertainment.  WWE and Monster Jam are consistent every year. WWE usually comes right after a PPV on the road to Mania. With NXT showing up tonight and the events so far, I am jealous I am not in the arena tonight. Haven't seen anyone I know yet, but know some guys that go every time. 

I had no clue it was a big wrasslin town. That is awesome baby!!! WOOOOO!!!! LETS GOOOO!!!!!

DAMN BECKY!!!!!!!!! Someone went a little overboard with the crutches!!!!!! lol

4t.jpg