Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Good points. I think that would be best for business separating Becky and Charlotte right now.  Becky and Ronda (if she stays on air) would be a great Feud on Raw.  

Def! Charlotte will take the pin and then that gives Becks and Rousey a easy claim to challenge Becky on raw the next night.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Def! Charlotte will take the pin and then that gives Becks and Rousey a easy claim to challenge Becky on raw the next night.

Becky has definitely won over the fanbase with The Man angle.  Glad they finally let Ronda embrace the heel role.  Now we can't get the MMA girls on WWE main roster quick enough. Ready for some good, disruptive factions again.  That made WCW as good as it was.  NWO causing trouble with Wolfpac breaking off, and 4 horsemen,  etc.

• Thanks 1

Wow! Charlotte new Smackdown women's champ! Didn't see that one coming. Universal women's title match?? what.gif

curve.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Wow! Charlotte new Smackdown women's champ! Didn't see that one coming. Universal women's title match?? what.gif

curve.gif

I just think they want the biggest match possible for the first ever womens main event. I feel terrible for Asuka BUT she did tap out Becky clean at the rumble. Becky's ONLY clean loss in several several months. I have seen people say this is a way where all 4 horsewomen are holding belts at the end of the show. That would be freaking awesome. I also feel they wanted to build Charlotte back up. She has been jobbing out to Becky for several months and putting her over non stop. 

Edited by GwillMac6

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I just think the want the biggest match possible for the first ever womens main event. I feel terrible for Asuka BUT she did tap out Becky clean at the rumble. Becky's ONLY clean loss in several several months. I have seen people say this is a way where all 4 horsewomen are holding belts at the end of the show. That would be freaking awesome. I also feel they wanted to build Charlotte back up. She has been jobbing out to Becky for several months and putting her over non stop. 

Oh yea I am sure it is what you said. That would be awesome with 4 horse women. Did you like my Kershaw reference?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Oh yea I am sure it is what you said. That would be awesome with 4 horse women. Did you like my Kershaw reference?

hahahaha I did not get it. I was like UGHHHHHHHHHH why is there a random kersh nasty reference in your post. MUHHHHHH BAD!!! I failed you fam!!!! lol. JUUUUUUUST a bit slow tonight! lol.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaha I did not get it. I was like UGHHHHHHHHHH why is there a random kersh nasty reference in your post. MUHHHHHH BAD!!! I failed you fam!!!! lol. JUUUUUUUST a bit slow tonight! lol.

Also represents a curve ball, and who throws one of the nastiest curve balls? YA BOY!

• Love 1

On 3/26/2019 at 8:46 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I just think they want the biggest match possible for the first ever womens main event. I feel terrible for Asuka BUT she did tap out Becky clean at the rumble. Becky's ONLY clean loss in several several months. I have seen people say this is a way where all 4 horsewomen are holding belts at the end of the show. That would be freaking awesome. I also feel they wanted to build Charlotte back up. She has been jobbing out to Becky for several months and putting her over non stop. 

Losing by DQ? Charlotte hasn't been losing clean. Charlotte also got DQ'd  against Rousey back at Survivor Series.

I think Charlotte is clearly one of the best in the women's division but to make out like's she's been jobbing by not losing matches clean and not having a belt or title run the last few months is far from her jobbing. It was Becky who put Asuka over in the first place. Then Charlotte just buries Asuka again like she did back at WM 34 last year. It took Asuka almost the rest of the year to regain her momentum from losing to Charlotte at WM 34. And now Asuka jobs to Charlotte AGAIN. 

I think Charlotte winning the Smackdown women's title basically says she won't be winning the triple threat, so Charlotte getting the Smackdown women's title is her consolation for not going over at WM 35.

7 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Losing by DQ? Charlotte hasn't been losing clean. Charlotte also got DQ'd  against Rousey back at Survivor Series.

I think Charlotte is clearly one of the best in the women's division but to make out like's she's been jobbing by not losing matches clean and not having a belt or title run the last few months is far from her jobbing. It was Becky who put Asuka over in the first place. Then Charlotte just buries Asuka again like she did back at WM 34 last year. It took Asuka almost the rest of the year to regain her momentum from losing to Charlotte at WM 34. And now Asuka jobs to Charlotte AGAIN. 

I think Charlotte winning the Smackdown women's title basically says she won't be winning the triple threat, so Charlotte getting the Smackdown women's title is her consolation for not going over at WM 35.

Charlotte has been tapping out clean to Becky in house shows for several months. In fact her win vs Asuka was her first win of 2019 she was 0-33-1 when you combine the house show circuit and the tv and ppv matches. She lost to her clean at hell in the cell and Evolution PLUS she lost to her clean in a 1 on 1 match before MITB last summer on Smackdown. Charlotte has lost to Becky Clean repeatedly. Not just by DQ.

Edited by GwillMac6

30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Charlotte has been tapping out clean to Becky in house shows for several months. In fact her win vs Asuka was her first win of 2019 she was 0-33-1 when you combine the house show circuit and the tv and ppv matches. She lost to her clean at hell in the cell and Evolution PLUS she lost to her clean in a 1 on 1 match before MITB last summer on Smackdown. Charlotte has lost to Becky Clean repeatedly. Not just by DQ.

Non-televised matches really don't mean anything. Come on man, that's lame. Nobody besides the actual people in the crowds in whatever city they're in are even gonna see it. 

Charlotte was the Smackdown women's champ from November 2017 past WM 34 in April 2018. She ended Asuka's undefeated streak in the process. For some reason they let Carmella beat Charlotte and Carmella had a title run but then they let Charlotte briefly win the title back at SummerSlam 2018 before she put Becky over at Hell in a Cell after the fans had been getting behind Becky and she was getting a long overdue push. Becky then lost the title at TLC and then put over Asuka by losing clean at Royal Rumble 2019. Becky's "push" has included her putting over Asuka and having her fued with Rousey at Survivor Series derailed because Nia Jax decided to throw a real punch. lol ...... And now Asuka gets her push stopped by Charlotte in order to build up the triple threat at WM 35.

Edited by Auburnfan91

6 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Non-televised matches really don't mean anything. Come on man, that's lame. Nobody besides the actual people in the crowds in whatever city they're in are even gonna see it. 

Charlotte was the Smackdown women's champ from November 2017 past WM 34 in April 2018. She ended Asuka's undefeated streak in the process. For some reason they let Carmella beat Charlotte and Carmella had a title run but then they let Charlotte briefly win the title back at SummerSlam 2018 before she put Becky over at Hell in a Cell after the fans had been getting behind Becky and she was getting a long overdue push. Becky then lost the title at TLC and then put over Asuka by losing clean at Royal Rumble 2019. Becky's "push" has included her putting over Asuka and having her fued with Rousey at Survivor Series derailed because Nia Jax decided to throw a real punch. lol ...... And now Asuka gets her push stopped by Charlotte in order to build up the triple threat at WM 35.

Becky has only lost clean ONCE ( to asuka at the rumble) since MITB last year. becky is getting the strongest push in the company right now. IT MATTERS TO ME!!!! Charlotte should NEVER EVER lose that much even on the house show circuit. Charlotte has not beaten Becky 1 on 1 cleanly in mannnnnnnnnn IDK how long It has been a long long time. I just gave you 2 ppv examples (hell in a cell and Evolution) where becky beat Charlotte clean AND a third clean win over her on Smackdown in the build up to MITB!!!! hahaha BUT WHY ARE WE ARGUING ABOUT THIS NOW?!?!?!?! WAR DAMN EAGLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! This is  a top 5 day in Auburn Athletics ever!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! You still fam!!!!!!!!!!!! And the brodie. SEE YOU ON MANIA DAY!!!!!! Becky is going to be coronated. 

Edited by GwillMac6

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IT MATTERS TO ME!!!! Charlotte should NEVER EVER lose that much even on the house show circuit. Charlotte has not beaten Becky 1 on 1 cleanly in mannnnnnnnnn IDK how long It has been a long long time. I just gave you 2 ppv examples (hell in a cell and Evolution) where becky beat Charlotte clean AND a third clean win over her on Smackdown in the build up to MITB!!!! hahaha BUT WHY ARE WE ARGUING ABOUT THIS NOW?!?!?!?! WAR DAMN EAGLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! This is  a top 5 day in Auburn Athletics ever!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! You still fam!!!!!!!!!!!! And the brodie. SEE YOU ON MANIA DAY!!!!!! Becky is going to be coronated. 

Yeah but this is Charlotte's 3rd run as Smackdown women's champ in the last 12 months. She's now an 8 time women's champ in WWE, something no other woman in WWE history has done. Trish Stratus was a 7 time women's champ. So Charlotte has the record now...... WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I just think it's silly to complain about losing non-televised house show matches when nobody is gonna see them. All people see is Charlotte once again winning another women's title. That's all I'm saying. 

It's going to be a BIG WEEKEND next week. Final Four and WRESTLEMANIA 35.

YEP,  beat Virginia,  watch Takeover,  watch Becky win at Mania,  win BB NC, watch the Monday after mania on demand whenever possible after that lol.  That weekend works for me 👍

• Love 1

I don't post in this thread but I saw this on Twitter and figured you all would enjoy it. If Becky doesn't win, we riot!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I don't post in this thread but I saw this on Twitter and figured you all would enjoy it. If Becky doesn't win, we riot!

IF BECKY WINS I AM RIOTING!!!!!!! (she is) Me and Ric Flair will be the only ones BUT WE ARE DOING IT DAMNIT!!!!!! lol

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

A Fan! Yes let's enjoy the weekend.  Auburn championship alternating with great wrestling. ALL WEEKEND!

NXT IS ABSOLUTELY KILLING IT RIGHT NOW.  Walter and Dunn was bruising! I won't say who won ATM since some like to watch the events later.  Ricochet went off as usual tonight as well with a ridiculous shooting star press. Best I have ever seen. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

IF BECKY WINS I AM RIOTING!!!!!!! (she is) Me and Ric Flair will be the only ones BUT WE ARE DOING IT DAMNIT!!!!!! lol

QBDw.gif

• Love 1

I kept waiting for the April fool's being this was posted 5 days ago. Impressive. 

Edited by AUBwins

On 4/5/2019 at 7:54 PM, AUBwins said:

A Fan! Yes let's enjoy the weekend.  Auburn championship alternating with great wrestling. ALL WEEKEND!

NXT IS ABSOLUTELY KILLING IT RIGHT NOW.  Walter and Dunn was bruising! I won't say who won ATM since some like to watch the events later.  Ricochet went off as usual tonight as well with a ridiculous shooting star press. Best I have ever seen. 

Dude, Walter v Dunne was amazing.  That was some old school, NWA type stuff and I loved every second of it.

34 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dude, Walter v Dunne was amazing.  That was some old school, NWA type stuff and I loved every second of it.

Yes, absolutely amazing.  I would love to see more if that intrigue in the main brand. 

Edited by AUBwins

36 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Did y'all see that Bret Hart got attacked during the HOF ceremony?  Crazy!

Back in the day when he was in WCW against Goldberg, I could have done the same thing as the fan. Bret is one of the best heels ever. 

• Like 1

rock.gif