Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

58 minutes ago, Zeek said:

lol Randy Orton was interesting................................ back in 2011.

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol Randy Orton was interesting................................ back in 2011.

Reigns was interesting.........never lol

I know Randy's time in the spotlight has passed but man did I love him in his prime

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Reigns was interesting.........never lol

I know Randy's time in the spotlight has passed but man did I love him in his prime

haha I was never going to bring up Roman. None of us are little kids. The only demo who like Reigns and think he is interesting bahaha. Orton just goes through the motions these days. He has not cared in a long long time lol. 

• Like 2

This was the least boring Roman ever was, when John forced him off book. This whole thing is Gold!

• Love 2

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

This was the least boring Roman ever was, when John forced him off book. This whole thing is Gold!

That was! I don’t watch much anymore but this is awesome lol. Screw the writers we just need more guys free-styling lol. It actually felt more like a real conversation.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

That was! I don’t watch much anymore but this is awesome lol. Screw the writers we just need more guys free-styling lol. It actually felt more like a real conversation.

You are not missing ANYTHING when you watch Raw. But missing Smackdown?!?!?! THAT JUST AINT RIGHT!!!! Smackdown has been amazing for awhile now and delivers every single week.  Raw is a steaming pile of hot garbage most weeks. 

• Like 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

You are not missing ANYTHING when you watch Raw. But missing Smackdown?!?!?! THAT JUST AINT RIGHT!!!! Smackdown has been amazing for awhile now and delivers every single week.  Raw is a steaming pile of hot garbage most weeks. 

I’ll get back on the grind. Really haven’t been religious since Randy/Cena/Mysterio/Batista/Edge/Tripple H/Michaels/Big Show/Mark Henry era

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I’ll get back on the grind. Really haven’t been religious since Randy/Cena/Mysterio/Batista/Edge/Tripple H/Michaels/Big Show/Mark Henry era

hahahah dang!!! I thought you meant you fell off recently. You have been gone AWHILE!!!!!! The key I have found to navigating different eras in wrestling is finding new favorites you are invested in when it comes to different eras. In the late 90's as a kid I was a stereotypical attitude era fan who's favorite were Rock and Austin. NOT BREAKING any news on that one! lol.  I was the same as everyone else back then!  SO CLICHE! lol in the mid to late 2000's my favorites were Batista, Kurt Angle, Y2J and Edge. Early to mid 2010's were Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. Now? My favorites are Charlotte, Daniel Bryan, THE IICONICS,  Alexa Bliss, Andrade, Kevin Owens,  Mandy Rose,  New Day, The Usos, Carmella, Asuka and Seth Rollins. Actually now I have more people than ever I am invested in. Wrasslin ain't "cool" anymore in mainstream and this is the least popular wrestling has been in awhile but I have never been more invested in it or have had as many favorites as I do now. Different things for different people. I am huge in to womens wrasslin now as I think the most interesting biggest stars and best product week in week out is the womens wrestling and storylines. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahah dang!!! I thought you meant you fell off recently. You have been gone AWHILE!!!!!! The key I have found to navigating different eras in wrestling is finding new favorites you are invested in. In the late 90's as a kid I was a stereotypical attitude era fan who's favorite were Rock and Austin. NOT BREAKING any news on that one! I was the same as everyone else back then! lol in the mid to late 2000's my favorites were Batista, Kurt Angle, Y2J and Edge. Early to mid 2010's were Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. Now? My favorites are Charlotte, Daniel Bryan, THE IICONICS,  Alexa Bliss, Andrade, Kevin Owens,  Mandy Rose,  New Day, The Usos, Carmella, Asuka and Seth Rollins. Actually now I have more people than ever I am invested in. Wrasslin ain't "cool" anymore in mainstream but I have never been more invested in it or have had as many favorites as I do now. Different things for different people. I am huge in to womens wrasslin now as I think the most interesting biggest stars and best product week in week out is the womens wrestling and storylines. 

I’ll give it a shot! When I saw the Wrestlemania results I thought it was funny how many old guys are kicking around. Fricken Kofi Kingston is a champ right now.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I’ll give it a shot! When I saw the Wrestlemania results I thought it was funny how many old guys are kicking around. Fricken Kofi Kingston is a champ right now.

hahhaah the old guys usually only come back for one offs at mania. That was Batista's retirement match and HHH only wrestles once or twice a year. HECK YAH that was the best storyline easily during Mania season. They nailed it week to week on tv on Smackdown him and Daniel Bryan. Taker is coming back again for the big Saudi show in June. He really needs to retire. He can barely move in the ring. 

@GwillMac6 is right regarding the women's division.  Charlotte put it best last week, saying 3 of the best in the business regardless of gender wrestled that main event.  Even so, that match didn't top the last woman standing match earlier in the year between Charlotte and Becky.  That was a straight street fight and both ladies sold that match from the start.  One of the best I have seen.  Smackdown has definitely been the superior brand as evidenced tonight with all the talking going on Raw tonight and not enough meat. Raw had some come over from Smackdown to keep it a float.  Becky,  Usos, etc and ricochet from NxT is unbelievable.  Lacey will be a star very quickly.  I am loving what she is doing and she is looking very comfortable on the big stage.  That's coming from a huge Becky fan, who is getting rocked right now with that woman's right lol. 

Smackdown only has 2 hours, so more wrestling is encouraged there I think.  Bayley moving over was a big plus, and they have the newcomer beast Lars Sullivan.  I have started rambling but I too have a lot of interests in the characters out there. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

@GwillMac6 is right regarding the women's division.  Charlotte put it best last week, saying 3 of the best in the business regardless of gender wrestled that main event.  Even so, that match didn't top the last woman standing match earlier in the year between Charlotte and Becky.  That was a straight street fight and both ladies sold that match from the start.  One of the best I have seen.  Smackdown has definitely been the superior brand as evidenced tonight with all the talking going on Raw tonight and not enough meat. Raw had some come over from Smackdown to keep it a float.  Becky,  Usos, etc and ricochet from NxT is unbelievable.  Lacey will be a star very quickly.  I am loving what she is doing and she is looking very comfortable on the big stage.  That's coming from a huge Becky fan, who is getting rocked right now with that woman's right lol. 

Smackdown only has 2 hours, so more wrestling is encouraged there I think.  Bayley moving over was a big plus, and they have the newcomer beast Lars Sullivan.  I have started rambling but I too have a lot of interests in the characters out there. 

pb.gif

iym.gif

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

THE GOAT era of womens wrestling is right now. NOW that is not hard when the only 2 women to ever be taken seriously in the WWE  before this era and not just be looked at as T and A were Trish and Lita. But the bar is being set so high right now by the current women IDK if it will ever be reached in further era. One of the main reasons Raw sucks is because of Baron Corbin!!!!! Omgsh he sucks all the life out of Raw! lol. Becky vs Charlotte at evolution AND the triple threat at TLC between Becky, Charlotte and Asuka are 2 of not only greatest womens matches ever but those were 2 of the best matches period in recent memory.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahhaah the old guys usually only come back for one offs at mania. That was Batista's retirement match and HHH only wrestles once or twice a year. HECK YAH that was the best storyline easily during Mania season. They nailed it week to week on tv on Smackdown him and Daniel Bryan. Taker is coming back again for the big Saudi show in June. He really needs to retire. He can barely move in the ring. 

Which reminds me... I’m still peeved RR retired the Undertaker...

I've been a wrestling fan for most of my life. I'm not really into it like I was when I was younger but I still watch RAW and Smackdown out of habit and to at least try to keep up with the current product. 

While WWE has been building Roman Reigns up multiple times and trying to make him into the next Cena, they have guys like Strowman, McIntyre, and Elias who are over with the fans but for some reason can't break through the ceiling. I've always pulled for guys like them who are considered borderline main eventer's or guys who can't seem to stick in the main event scene.  One of my all time favorite wrestlers Christian couldn't stick in the main event scene for whatever reason. He had a good fued with Randy Orton in 2011 and even won the World Heavyweight title but his title run imo sucked because they basically just used him as a feel good story after Edge had retired and didn't give him a decent run with title. Captain Charisma deserved more respect than that dammit....One of the dumbest things they did during Christian's fued with Orton in 2011 was make Christian the heel in their fued. lol....... I 've always liked Randy Orton but c'mon anyone who's followed Orton's career knows that he's a natural heel. Christian should have been the face in that fued. Orton being a face is just awkward and not natural.

• Like 1

Again, the best story building in the WWE is the women's division.  Bayley vs Becky was a great, clean match with constant reversals and technical elements. . Add to it, Charlotte getting in a clean shot after the match was great. Interesting to me is matches that include former NXT stars against each other.  They just bring it a whole new level.  You can see the Triple H brand coming through in these matches.  I respect what Triple H has done with these NXT stars than I ever did with him as a wrestler.  Lars is a scary dude man.  The music fits him.  Love it.  Smackdown laid the SD to Raw again this week.  

It didn't dawn on me about the possible cash in from MITB the same night until briefly brought up in commentary.  WWE has a golden opportunity for Women's titles.  They could have 2 never-before-seen ending scenarios other than Becky losing 1 title or both. 

Option 1 for Becky to somehow win both title bouts on the same show, only to lose to a cash in afterwards that night (probably Bayley).

Option 2 could cement Becky's legacy as a fighting champ to have her win All 3 title fights that night.  It's a win-win for WWE in either scenario.  I hope they take advantage of it.  

Likely scenario seems to have Becky beat Lacey,  and lose to Charlotte unless they want to capitalize on Becky 2 Belts merch. 

That's why I watch every week right now. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Love 1

Edited by AUBwins
  • Love 1

So to make Raw interesting, they bring Smackdown to Raw. Even Vince knows. Haha. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

So to make Raw interesting, they bring Smackdown to Raw. Even Vince knows. Haha. 

Man this whole thing is so stupid. He has no idea how to fix the Raw problems. His only "solution" is to bring Smackdown superstars over. The old man just needs to let HHH give it a go at being the main decision maker on the main roster. 

• Thanks 1

HOW I HAVE MISSED HIM SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! His promos are one of my favorite things about the product week in week out!!! WOOO!!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Not easy but I'll say Undertaker gotta go.

Easily Taker for me. 

49 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Not easy but I'll say Undertaker gotta go.

Geez that's not Easy.  I am basing it on the ability to adapt and survive through multiple decades.  Taker and HBK have staying power there.  Austin and Rock have the same number of years as an active wrestler at 14, but Rock was considered the 1st 3rd generational wrestler and could probably still throw down today.  I suppose Steve gotta go. 

Edited by AUBwins
Personally I dislike HBK the most and would love to give him a Sweet Chin Music
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Geez that's not Easy.  I am basing it on the ability to adapt and survive through multiple decades.  Taker and HBK have staying power there.  Austin and Rock have the same number of years as an active wrestler at 14, but Rock was considered the 1st 3rd generational wrestler and could probably still throw down today.  I suppose Steve gotta go. 

No way!! No! No! No! Not Austin! He along with the People's Champ carried the attitude era and would carry any other era.

Edited by WFE12
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

No way!! No! No! No! Not Austin! He along with the People's Champ carried the attitude era and would carry any other era.

Haha yea I pretty much pulled that out off my Rakishi lol.  

• Haha 2