Turd Basketball

around4ever

What the heck is it about Saturdays and bammer basketball?  They play lifts out on Saturday and slump during their midweek games.  They have beaten four Top Ten SEC teams on Saturday including trouncing Tennessee today.  It's hard to explain. 

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

What the heck is it about Saturdays and bammer basketball?  They play lifts out on Saturday and slump during their midweek games.  They have beaten four Top Ten SEC teams on Saturday including trouncing Tennessee today.  It's hard to explain. 

They seem to be comfortable giving Auburn 2 game SEC leads, so I can't complain about that.  2 game lead with 6 to go.  WDE

They've beaten alot of your teams including Oklahoma and Rhode island. We need to beat them to split the series. Don't give them why pleasure. 

4 hours ago, SCTiger2011 said:

They seem to be comfortable giving Auburn 2 game SEC leads, so I can't complain about that.  2 game lead with 6 to go.  WDE

Don't forget the tie breaker. We have a 3 game lead over Tennessee because we hold the tiebreaker. It's important to beat UAT in Auburn, so they won't hold a tiebreaker over us.

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

Don't forget the tie breaker. We have a 3 game lead over Tennessee because we hold the tiebreaker. It's important to beat UAT in Auburn, so they won't hold a tiebreaker over us.

Seems to me that AU stands to benefit NOTHING from playing in the SEC tournament.  Unlike many previous years we will be the highest rated team if things continue and winning won't help our ratings much if at all....and a loss will be harmful.   

I'm thinking about the football season....and how that worked out.  So maybe if we just ask for a " pass" this year...let the rest of the league play to improve their rankings and just stop where we are...:dunno:

On 2/11/2018 at 12:48 PM, AU64 said:

Seems to me that AU stands to benefit NOTHING from playing in the SEC tournament.  Unlike many previous years we will be the highest rated team if things continue and winning won't help our ratings much if at all....and a loss will be harmful.   

I'm thinking about the football season....and how that worked out.  So maybe if we just ask for a " pass" this year...let the rest of the league play to improve their rankings and just stop where we are...:dunno:

If we win the SEC tourney and regular season title, we're a #1 seed, potentially in the South if Virginia falters. It absolutely means something.

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

If we win the SEC tourney and regular season title, we're a #1 seed, potentially in the South if Virginia falters. It absolutely means something.

But if we lose which could easily happen in St Louis....( I remember Atlanta) and we drop down a level or two.  I was only kidding in the post but it's pretty accurate that we have better chance of going  down a couple notches than going up to a #1 seed......there is no one in the SEC tournament except AU that has any real credibility.   

I'd still take our record and RPI right now and let the rest of them fight it out. 

Archived