Everyone Got The Pulse Massacre Story Completely Wrong

AUDub

Props to HuffPo for writing this. It needed to be written. 

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ac29ebae4b04646b6454dc2

Every mass tragedy begets a frantic search for answers, for a common understanding of what happened, for a narrative, and the 2016 Pulse massacre was no different.

Not long after Omar Mateen opened fire inside a bustling gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, the media scrambled to understand his depraved actions. Almost overnight, a narrative emerged that until now has been impossible to dislodge: Mateen planned and executed an attack on Pulse because he hated gay people.

You mean a national case, reported on yall types of media, for 18 months, was just plain wrong? 

How could this be?

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Props to HuffPo for writing this. It needed to be written. 

Yeah, they're only 1 month behind The Intercept. :poke:

https://theintercept.com/2018/03/05/as-the-trial-of-omar-mateens-wife-begins-new-evidence-undermines-beliefs-about-the-pulse-massacre-including-motive/

But even before this evidence began to come to light, there was already abundant convincing evidence suggesting that anti-gay animus was not a significant part of Mateen’s motive in choosing Pulse and perhaps played no role at all. This evidence begins with Mateen’s own words.

"In particular, Mateen went to Pulse only after having scouted other venues that night that were wholly unrelated to the LGBT community, only to find that they were too defended by armed guards and police, and ultimately chose Pulse only after a generic Google search for “Orlando nightclubs” – not “gay clubs” – produced Pulse as the first search result."

He went to Disney Springs what used to be called Downtown Disney free to get in with lots of clubs and restaurants. He could have done even more damage if security had not been present

17 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You mean a national case, reported on yall types of media, for 18 months, was just plain wrong? 

How could this be?

Well to begin with, they accepted the narrative our government (FBI) told them. 

8 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Well to begin with, they accepted the narrative our government (FBI) told them. 

You mean the FBI gets things wrong, or misleads people?

Please say you absolutely do not believe that the FBI WOULD EVER, OR HAS EVER misled anyone. There are lives on this board in the balance...:beer2:

On 4/12/2018 at 9:01 PM, keoson7 said:

and the FBI says one old geezer shot up that concert in Las Vegas  too...

And you have conflicting information?

On 4/7/2018 at 2:27 PM, stoic-one said:

That's an interesting news site I wasn't aware of.  Have you followed them long?

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

That's an interesting news site I wasn't aware of.  Have you followed them long?

I have. Glenn Greenwald's site. 

On 4/8/2018 at 8:24 AM, DKW 86 said:

You mean the FBI gets things wrong, or misleads people?

Please say you absolutely do not believe that the FBI WOULD EVER, OR HAS EVER misled anyone. There are lives on this board in the balance...:beer2:

This 'smugness schtick' is really getting tiresome.  :-\

53 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I have. Glenn Greenwald's site. 

I should have picked up on that sooner.  You've mentioned him in the past.

Anyway, I was really impressed with it.  I'm going to follow it awhile first, but I anticipate signing up to support it.  

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

This 'smugness schtick' is really getting tiresome.  :-\

Honestly: Do you ever ever ever listen to yourself? Do you? EVER? You are complaining about yourself here. You DO know that right?

This 'denies reality schtick' was old years ago...

18 hours ago, homersapien said:

I believe they have only been around for 4 or 5 years.

On 4/15/2018 at 1:43 PM, alexava said:

And you have conflicting information?

seems like the fbi destroyed all the conflicting info, like they conveniently do, routinely...If I did I would likely be assinated like the multiple shooter witnesses were..

2 hours ago, keoson7 said:

seems like the fbi destroyed all the conflicting info, like they conveniently do, routinely...If I did I would likely be assinated like the multiple shooter witnesses were..

Locked up is one thing... but ASSINATED! That’s a whole different level.

How often do you think they assinate people? What is their preferred method of assination if you could guess?

12 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

How often do you think they assinate people? What is their preferred method of assination if you could guess?

The big bad fbi. 

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

do you know what this 'assination' business is all about?

I’m scared to comment. I might be kolled. 

well the concert goers, the pulse victims,  san bernadino victims, I would say their preferred method is assault rifle...

15 hours ago, keoson7 said:

well the concert goers, the pulse victims,  san bernadino victims, I would say their preferred method is assault rifle...

Time out...you think the FBI or the "Deep State" or whatever are the ones behind the Las Vegas, Pulse, and San Bernardino shootings?

34 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Time out...you think the FBI or the "Deep State" or whatever are the ones behind the Las Vegas, Pulse, and San Bernardino shootings?

69ee6ff0-b052-494a-90f4-99adfe87e3de.jpg

16 hours ago, keoson7 said:

ASSINATED? WTH? What is ASSINATED? Is that like getting Fisted without lube or something? :cool:

Archived