2018 NFL Draft

WFE12

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

@NolaAuTiger With the 14th pick, the Saints draft Marcus Davenport, DE, UT- San Antonio

Wow

Hey, last year we drafted a welder, and it turned out alright. 

This wasn't expected, no doubt. But after looking at his film and his ridiculously fast 40 time (4.58... d-lineman), I am happy with the selection. Cam Jordan is happy too. Anything to take double-team off of him is good. 

Lots of yacking on Sirius today about Sabin and Smart and their draft choices......but seems they forgot that the guys from UGa were Richt's recruits ...KS will have his chance but I'm giving him a bit more time to earn it on his own.  JMO

9 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Hey, last year we drafted a welder, and it turned out alright. 

This wasn't expected, no doubt. But after looking at his film and his ridiculously fast 40 time (4.58... d-lineman), I am happy with the selection. Cam Jordan is happy too. Anything to take double-team off of him is good. 

True that. I think the player was expected to go that high in a lot of mocks. The Saints giving up a couple draft picks for him was definitely surprising. Any chance that New Orleans goes after Mason Rudolph?

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Lots of yacking on Sirius today about Sabin and Smart and their draft choices......but seems they forgot that the guys from UGa were Richt's recruits ...KS will have his chance but I'm giving him a bit more time to earn it on his own.  JMO

It’s about time you joined my thread, Leroy :comfort:

Ok so who yall got for the first Auburn player being taken? I say it is between braden and KJ BUT legatron is my dark horse!

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ok so who yall got for the first Auburn player being taken? I say it is between braden and KJ BUT legatron is my dark horse!

Not many kickers get drafted.....give them a big contract and you can't fire them when they miss a couple of important field goals like many teams do. 

I'm thinking Smith first, then KJ and Carlson kinda late....6 or 7 round :dunno: after all the WRs and RBs and DBs are taken. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not many kickers get drafted.....give them a big contract and you can't fire them when they miss a couple of important field goals like many teams do. 

I'm thinking Smith first, then KJ and Carlson kinda late....6 or 7 round :dunno: after all the WRs and RBs and DBs are taken. 

Legatron is elite. He absolutely will get drafted. He is better than the fsu kicker who got picked second round a few years ago and he projects better to the nfl because he has a way stronger leg on 50 plus field goals. Wait you think KJ is not going till the 6th or 7th round? Why is that? O yah I forgot about Carlton he will be picked second or third round today as well.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Legatron is elite. He absolutely will get drafted. He is better than the fsu kicker who got picked second round a few years ago and he projects better to the nfl because he has a way stronger leg on 50 plus field goals. Wait you think KJ is not going till the 6th or 7th round? Why is that? O yah I forgot about Carlton he will be picked second or third round today as well.

I'm thinking KJ before the 5th and Carlson later....Legatron is  good of course but NFL is devaluing kickers it seems......and I just notice that kickers make a very good and cheap scapegoat when a team loses a game because the kicker misses a FG......easier to fire the kicker than the QB who missed all the open receivers...and there always seems to be some good kickers sitting around their den waiting on the phone to ring...same with punters.

3 kickers drafted last year...5th and 7th rounds....maybe just that year or could be the changed kickoff rules are now having some effect. 

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm thinking KJ before the 5th and Carlson later....Legatron is  good of course but NFL is devaluing kickers it seems......and I just notice that kickers make a very good and cheap scapegoat when a team loses a game because the kicker misses a FG......easier to fire the kicker than the QB who missed all the open receivers...and there always seems to be some good kickers sitting around their den waiting on the phone to ring...same with punters.

3 kickers drafted last year...5th and 7th rounds....maybe just that year or could be the changed kickoff rules are now having some effect. 

Do I expect him to be picked this early? NO. That is why it is a dark horse and BOLD prediction. If any kicker deserves to go this early it is him though.

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If anybody needs a Kicker, it’s the fricking Chargers. They lost so many games because of the kicker alone. Rivers almost ate a poor kicker’s soul. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If anybody needs a Kicker, it’s the fricking Chargers. They lost so many games because of the kicker alone. Rivers almost ate a poor kicker’s soul. 

YES! They would of made the playoffs if they had a kicker last season.

Browns got Chubb,Mayfield, Gordon, and Landry...But they're still the Browns.

Two 2nd rounds baby! Lotta people had Carlton going first but two before him? idc we got two players early... Let's goo!!!

Wow, I thought Kerryon would be a 3rd rounder type. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I hope we get all 3 in the second round. Man I am so excited for KJ. 

GB might take Carlton at 45 they say!!!!

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

GB might take Carlton at 45 they say!!!!

Man being in Wisconsin that would be perfect 

I think Detroit is a great spot for him. Great scheme for his skill set. Just felt like this would be the spot he would land. He will flourish here and gets to play most games indoors. 

Archived