Hosting/Regional Placement

Host sites in no particular order:

Georgia, Texas, UNC, Clemson, Coastal Carolina, Oregon State, Stetson, Arkansas, Florida, East Carolina, Texas Tech, Minnesota, Ole Miss, NC State, Stanford, and FSU

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BJCrawford said:

So where is the most likely place we would be a 2 seed?

Somewhere in the Carolinas most likely (where there are 5 host sites).  Little shocked NC State is a host, so I'd love to see Auburn end up there

Just now, FUZZYAUFAN said:

My money is on AU being 2 seed at FSU. 

Shut your ****** mouth, man! ?

If we were close to being hosts wouldn’t we have a better chance to go to one that was the number 15 or 16 in? (I’m totally ignorant on this so sorry if it’s a dumb question)

Just now, BJCrawford said:

If we were close to being hosts wouldn’t we have a better chance to go to one that was the number 15 or 16 in? (I’m totally ignorant on this so sorry if it’s a dumb question)

Nope.  Committee only ranks the top 16

It appears 40 wins/over .500 regular conference season is still the benchmark for SEC teams to host.  Was nice to be on this bubble for once though instead of the other bubble.

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Shut your ****** mouth, man! ?

I would not be happy if that is where AU ends up except for the fact to get revenge from last year. AU was one strike from winning the regional last year. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Nope.  Committee only ranks the top 16

So what’s the process for placing the balance of teams into each region?

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

So what’s the process for placing the balance of teams into each region?

Just figuring out who's a 2-3-4.  Typically they don't make teams travel too far for regionals.  But they definitely don't rank em 1-64.

Also, you arent supposed to have two teams from same conference in a region.

Man I’m disappointed but it’s great to be having this conversation again! I believe we’ll be talking about who we’ll start in game 1 of the Plainsman Park Regional this time next year! In the mean time, bring on the Pirates, Wolfpack, or heck, bring on the Noles! I’d love to beat those guys into the ground 

9 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Man I’m disappointed but it’s great to be having this conversation again! I believe we’ll be talking about who we’ll start in game 1 of the Plainsman Park Regional this time next year! In the mean time, bring on the Pirates, Wolfpack, or heck, bring on the Noles! I’d love to beat those guys into the ground 

Ultimately we have no one but ourselves to blame.  Win the home series vs Mizzou and take care of a midweek game at Troy and we're likely hosting.  Time to get the bats rolling on the road wherever we get sent.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Ultimately we have no one but ourselves to blame.  Win the home series vs Mizzou and take care of a midweek game at Troy and we're likely hosting.  Time to get the bats rolling on the road wherever we get sent.

Could say that about NCState though! They lost 2 of their last three series in a less difficult conference and went 0-2 in the tournament. NCAA put way too much emphasis on that 40 number. 

You're right but I need to feel upset at someone 

This is the type of news that Al.com breaks their necks to get posted quickly at the top of the page. What a bunch of dweebs.

Well, if a team is going to be snubbed by the NCAA, it’s gonna be AU. Next question is whether the huge disappointment is met well in whatever region they are in. 

44 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Host sites in no particular order:

Georgia, Texas, UNC, Clemson, Coastal Carolina, Oregon State, Stetson, Arkansas, Florida, East Carolina, Texas Tech, Minnesota, Ole Miss, NC State, Stanford, and FSU

So looks like our RPI did not get us over the hump......I was suspicious that would be the case but hoped a couple wins in the SEC would be enough...

But, might get a game that I can attend.

33 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So looks like our RPI did not get us over the hump......I was suspicious that would be the case but hoped a couple wins in the SEC would be enough...

But, might get a game that I can attend.

Ditto. Raleigh or Chapel Hill would be ok with me

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Well, if a team is going to be snubbed by the NCAA, it’s gonna be AU. Next question is whether the huge disappointment is met well in whatever region they are in. 

We had plenty of opportunities to control our own destiny and just did not do it. No one to blame but ourselves. 

41 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Ditto. Raleigh or Chapel Hill would be ok with me

I'm partial to Austin :)

34 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm partial to Austin :)

If I’m picking, I’d want Austin or Conway. From everything I can tell, those two teams don’t have quite the starting pitching that NC State has. 

Just now, boomstick said:

If I’m picking, I’d want Austin or Conway. From everything I can tell, those two teams don’t have quite the starting pitching that NC State has. 

I think we'd destroy Texas.

Archived