Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

12 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Exactly my current state. My morning PT session should help with that...

It is a difficult choice, but it is the only choice you have. Courage.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I went 16 oz Scofflaw Basement (7.5%) > large pour of red wine > negroni > 2 fingers of Four Roses last night. Not exactly hungover this morning, but not exactly not hungover, either. 

When you’re maybe slightly hungover, but not entirely sure it’s not the Rona. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

When you’re maybe slightly hungover, but not entirely sure it’s not the Rona. 

Actual thought this morning:

"OH THANK GOD, that's right, I drank too much last night."

Still took my temperature. 97.4 in one ear, 98 in the other baby!

Edited by McLoofus
  • Haha 2

Definitely fewer cars on the road today. And it’s eerily quiet at times. I ran down to the gas station for my coworker to get him a biscuit, people still finding it necessary to buy scratch off lottery tickets. 

• Like 2

I'm at the VA here in Birmingham doing a membrane replacement on a portable RO, lot of hurry up and wait, so I've walked around the block a few times. Funny how few people are out and about. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It is a difficult choice, but it is the only choice you have. Courage.

Excuse my language, but what a perfect ass run. Coolish 50’s degrees, sweat, 5K distance. Breeze. Cobwebs gone. Rona held at bay.

D3967B23-8F6D-484B-A65F-7B67E66F8B3F.jpeg

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Definitely fewer cars on the road today. And it’s eerily quiet at times. I ran down to the gas station for my coworker to get him a biscuit, people still finding it necessary to buy scratch off lottery tickets

Essential.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

I'm at the VA here in Birmingham doing a membrane replacement on a portable RO, lot of hurry up and wait, so I've walked around the block a few times. Funny how few people are out and about. 

The minute I finish my work, the VA locks down and won't let me or anyone else in. Go figure. Glad I already had my tools and paperwork on the truck.

• Like 1

New brewery in Memphis. Just popped up on the radar yesterday. No real info about them either. The owner decided he wanted to “ghost release” his two beers this week. Supposedly brewing out of “the old” Lazy Magnolia brewery. Odd. Beer is damn juicy. I wouldn’t classify it as a hazy IPA, but galaxy, citra, and mosaic are bangin. Name of the beer is a spin off of Memphis rap legends 8ball and MJG’s Space Age Pimpin’. 

uubA3zT.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

New brewery in Memphis. Just popped up on the radar yesterday. No real info about them either. The owner decided he wanted to “ghost release” his two beers this week. Supposedly brewing out of “the old” Lazy Magnolia brewery. Odd. Beer is damn juicy. I wouldn’t classify it as a hazy IPA, but galaxy, citra, and mosaic are bangin. Name of the beer is a spin off of Memphis rap legends 8ball and MJG’s Space Age Pimpin’. 

uubA3zT.jpg

I like the idea of the hop profile without the haze. Cool can. Love embracing local culture.

Is this the equivalent of dropping a mix tape?? Interesting. 

On 3/26/2020 at 8:02 AM, McLoofus said:

I like the idea of the hop profile without the haze. Cool can. Love embracing local culture.

Is this the equivalent of dropping a mix tape?? Interesting. 

This is “volume 1” of the series, so we’ll see. 

• Like 1

So we have our front section of the store taped off. 3 customers in at a time. We’re grabbing bottles for people. If they want to shop—tough s***. Seems to be working fairly effectively, customers are getting in and out quickly.

Most people are understanding, but old men really don’t like being told what to do. And one girl, “oh that whole quarantine thing. I just wanted to use your restroom”. GTFOH. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

So we have our front section of the store taped off. 3 customers in at a time. We’re grabbing bottles for people. If they want to shop—tough s***. Seems to be working fairly effectively, customers are getting in and out quickly.

Most people are understanding, but old men really don’t like being told what to do. And one girl, “oh that whole quarantine thing. I just wanted to use your restroom”. GTFOH. 

Man...I deal with people. It ebbs and flows. Specific to hunting seasons. Sometimes, you just wanna cattle prod people.

• Like 2

Last minute customer, potentially buzzed, last night: “this is all chicanery and BS, you know that, right?”

Me: “well, I’m not taking any risks. Your total is XX”

Customer: “I was in Iraq do I get a discount?”

Me: “This isn’t Iraq. Here’s your total have a nice night we’re trying to close.”

Then he went on to tell me he’s secret intel for the navy and about to be a border guard. He’s been “about to be a border guard” for the past year or two. 

Edit: Since that sounded cold, I suppose I should say that I have the utmost respect for those that have served for the country. I don’t respect people who are outright spreading conspiracy theories and lies and downplaying this pandemic. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Last minute customer, potentially buzzed, last night: “this is all chicanery and BS, you know that, right?”

Me: “well, I’m not taking any risks. Your total is XX”

Customer: “I was in Iraq do I get a discount?”

Me: “This isn’t Iraq. Here’s your total have a nice night we’re trying to close.”

Then he went on to tell me he’s secret intel for the navy and about to be a border guard. He’s been “about to be a border guard” for the past year or two. 

Edit: Since that sounded cold, I suppose I should say that I have the utmost respect for those that have served for the country. I don’t respect people who are outright spreading conspiracy theories and lies and downplaying this pandemic. 

It didn't sound cold or remotely disrespectful to me. And when people continuously test boundaries, you have to make them more and more rigid. 

I didn't have any interesting beer this weekend. But I drank a lot of beer this weekend.

I made shrimp and grits. Washed it down with a Commotion APA from Great Raft. 

Made me forget about the pandemic for a few minutes.

05E085B7-3665-437D-9DF3-2172606060E9.jpeg

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I made shrimp and grits. Washed it down with a Commotion APA from Great Raft. 

Made me forget about the pandemic for a few minutes.

05E085B7-3665-437D-9DF3-2172606060E9.jpeg

Okay, so the bacon and green onion applications are gangster. And mushrooms? Go on and flex, my dude. NICE.

We've continued to eat well. That's been a bright spot. 

I encourage everyone to look into having a really nice meal shipped in from somewhere, if it's an option for you. McWifey has been shouldering a major burden through all this with the kids and still trying to do her job. I might've mentioned elsewhere, but I asked her what her bucket list meal would be from anywhere in the country. She said a lobster dinner from Legal Seafood. Well, they're fully shut down ATM, but I found a place in Maine that had all the stuff. (There are many to choose from.) 2 days later, we get 4 live lobsters, 2 things of clam chowder, and 6 live oysters. (They forgot to put the 2 lbs of clams I ordered in the shipment- still waiting to hear back about that.) It made Mrs. Loof very, very happy. And it was so easy. Expensive, sure, but considering that we took a trip out into the world out of the equation, drank our own inexpensive wine, didn't have to tip, and it was live Maine lobsters... yeah, we'll be doing more of these. Thinking maybe Dinosaur BBQ from New York for the next one. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Because I know @McLoofus loves his self aware Nashville breweries. 

ct7mDZD.jpg
K2JJUHa.jpg

9q23xkQ.jpg
jy3Vf3j.jpg

Both are 💣

Omg I'm dying. Does the 2nd one really combine all those flavors?