Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

21 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Welp, shelter in place order here. So, three weeks of beer drinking?

I will be sheltered in place too starting tomorrow at 6pm, but bottle shops count as grocery, so we’re considered essential. 

We’ve been offering curbside already, but starting Wednesday we aren’t allowing any more than 3 people at a time inside and they have to maintain social distancing and they aren’t allowed to shop—they tell us what they want and we get it for them. By the end of the week I expect us to be only curbside. We have surpassed our Christmas/holiday sales already. Did $100k+ just last week.

Myself and all my co workers are on edge. By now, statistically, we had to have come in contact with someone with the virus. I just hope all of the hand sanitizing, store sanitizing, and hand washing(we’ve got a repeating alarm set for 30 minutes for every employee to wash hands) is helping.

Most people are taking it seriously, however, there’s still those that say they’re not worried about it. We had one guy last week come in and tell us that one of his office coworkers contracted the virus, “but he never worked close with her”. Like, why the **** would you even say that?

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I will be sheltered in place too starting tomorrow at 6pm, but bottle shops count as grocery, so we’re considered essential. 

We’ve been offering curbside already, but starting Wednesday we aren’t allowing any more than 3 people at a time inside and they have to maintain social distancing and they aren’t allowed to shop—they tell us what they want and we get it for them. By the end of the week I expect us to be only curbside. We have surpassed our Christmas/holiday sales already. Did $100k+ just last week.

Myself and all my co workers are on edge. By now, statistically, we had to have come in contact with someone with the virus. I just hope all of the hand sanitizing, store sanitizing, and hand washing(we’ve got a repeating alarm set for 30 minutes for every employee to wash hands) is helping.

Most people are taking it seriously, however, there’s still those that say they’re not worried about it. We had one guy last week come in and tell us that one of his office coworkers contracted the virus, “but he never worked close with her”. Like, why the **** would you even say that?

Damn man! People can be such amazing dicks sometimes. We got sent home today, but there are leaders within our agency that are reading into the order we were giving and are making their people come continue to come in. It’s such a sh@tshow here right now. We(Louisiana) have the fastest growth rate of COVID in the world right now. 1179 confirmed cases and 34 deaths. I’m staying my ass at the house and teleworking. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Damn man! People can be such amazing dicks sometimes. We got sent home today, but there are leaders within our agency that are reading into the order we were giving and are making their people come continue to come in. It’s such a sh@tshow here right now. We(Louisiana) have the fastest growth rate of COVID in the world right now. 1179 confirmed cases and 34 deaths. I’m staying my ass at the house and teleworking. 

I didn’t realize that Louisiana is such a hot zone. These numbers are only going to continue to rise as more tests become available/reported. Bunker down and wait. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I didn’t realize that Louisiana is such a hot zone. These numbers are only going to continue to rise as more tests become available/reported. Bunker down and wait. 

I’m really not too surprised, to be honest. With all the Mardi Gras/St Patty stuff, plus just NOLA...the biggest portion of the infections and deaths are down there. It’s pretty unnerving, still. We have had a bunch of cases pop up here in the last 4 days. One death already.

I have good internet and plenty to keep me busy. Plus, beer and bourbon.

1BBDAE05-C12C-4A31-B884-7D58FB5B3B22.jpeg

AF853245-AD15-4C09-BE9B-B3ACF20ACB63.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m really not too surprised, to be honest. With all the Mardi Gras/St Patty stuff, plus just NOLA...the biggest portion of the infections and deaths are down there. It’s pretty unnerving, still. We have had a bunch of cases pop up here in the last 4 days. One death already.

I have good internet and plenty to keep me busy. Plus, beer and bourbon.

1BBDAE05-C12C-4A31-B884-7D58FB5B3B22.jpeg

AF853245-AD15-4C09-BE9B-B3ACF20ACB63.jpeg

Goodness. Yeah that makes a lot of sense. 

14 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Myself and all my co workers are on edge.

I wish my coworkers were more on edge, honestly. 

I do feel for single people stuck in small apartments. I feel for people with small children stuck in apartments. I feel for people actively battling addiction issues (of any nature) stuck in apartments. I feel for people in abusive situations stuck anywhere. I feel for those who worried about losing their jobs or those who already have. Etc. 

All these other people whining about quarantine? By all means. Come hold my desk down and I'll chill at your crib. No problem. Got you. 

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I wish my coworkers were more on edge, honestly. 

I do feel for single people stuck in small apartments. I feel for people with small children stuck in apartments. I feel for people actively battling addiction issues (of any nature) stuck in apartments. I feel for people in abusive situations stuck anywhere. I feel for those who worried about losing their jobs or those who already have. Etc. 

All these other people whining about quarantine? By all means. Come hold my desk down and I'll chill at your crib. No problem. Got you. 

It’s definitely interesting, from the view of someone that was furloughed for a month, to see how people are reacting to this.

I’ll just leave it at that.

15 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It’s definitely interesting, from the view of someone that was furloughed for a month, to see how people are reacting to this.

I’ll just leave it at that.

Ouch. 

What makes me ashamed of myself is that I see the people who are fully appreciating this and are basically like "OMG this is awesome I just watch movies and drink and play with my kids all day" and I wanna slap them, too, hahaha

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ouch. 

What makes me ashamed of myself is that I see the people who are fully appreciating this and are basically like "OMG this is awesome I just watch movies and drink and play with my kids all day" and I wanna slap them, too, hahaha

Actually, I’m excited that I get to run in the mornings and not after work.

Sick...I know!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Actually, I’m excited that I get to run in the mornings and not after work.

Sick...I know!

Well, I hope you guys can absorb the hit okay. 

I know I'm lucky to have a job that will likely still be here when this is over. It's just tough, leaving my wife with the kids all day to into an office every day where I can't control the environment, where I sit at the computer all day looking at social media and being bombarded with the things that prompted the above rant, only taking short breaks to bathe in various cleaning products, and then going home to go straight into the shower before I can hug or kiss anyone.

But I do grab a beer in the garage before I take off my shoes and head to the showers. So every day, I'm getting a 100% uninterrupted shower with a shower beer before I take on the ravages of domesticity. Yeah, that's my silver lining with a capital MFing. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, I hope you guys can absorb the hit okay. 

I know I'm lucky to have a job that will likely still be here when this is over. It's just tough, leaving my wife with the kids all day to into an office every day where I can't control the environment, where I sit at the computer all day looking at social media and being bombarded with the things that prompted the above rant, only taking short breaks to bathe in various cleaning products, and then going home to go straight into the shower before I can hug or kiss anyone.

But I do grab a beer in the garage before I take off my shoes and head to the showers. So every day, I'm getting a 100% uninterrupted shower with a shower beer before I take on the ravages of domesticity. Yeah, that's my silver lining with a capital MFing. 

Man, I really hate that you are in that kind of environment at work right now. I’d definitely be a damn germaphobe.

We are all good here. I’m on official telework, so I’m still doing my thing and getting paid, just having to get a bit ‘creative’....long range plans, planning templates/framework, etc. You know, classic forester stuff😬🙄

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Man, I really hate that you are in that kind of environment at work right now. I’d definitely be a damn germaphobe.

We are all good here. I’m on official telework, so I’m still doing my thing and getting paid, just having to get a bit ‘creative’....long range plans, planning templates/framework, etc. You know, classic forester stuff😬🙄

Boy, do I ever *feel your forester pain.

Glad to hear you guys are good. One of the weirdest things about all of this is how fluid it is for so many folks' work situations. Literally day to day, waiting to find out whether you're in the office, working from home, furloughed, laid off... it could be all 4 in a week. 

My environment? Yeah, somebody left some random ass cookies on the break room table yesterday. At least one somebody ate some of them. People congregating around each other's desks and computers. Just total disregard for any of it. But I have been the weird guy for over a week and they've gotten the message. Don't come near me, you can call or email, my cube smells like bleach. 

* Well, I totally would...

40 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Boy, do I ever *feel your forester pain.

Glad to hear you guys are good. One of the weirdest things about all of this is how fluid it is for so many folks' work situations. Literally day to day, waiting to find out whether you're in the office, working from home, furloughed, laid off... it could be all 4 in a week. 

My environment? Yeah, somebody left some random ass cookies on the break room table yesterday. At least one somebody ate some of them. People congregating around each other's desks and computers. Just total disregard for any of it. But I have been the weird guy for over a week and they've gotten the message. Don't come near me, you can call or email, my cube smells like bleach. 

* Well, I totally would...

I would like to congratulate you on creating a post that I could literally use all the “reactions” on. Well done, sir. Well...done. 

One internet Revé for you.(stock photo)

0F945262-DF65-43C3-926F-6572E73A72FD.jpeg

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I would like to congratulate you on creating a post that I could literally use all the “reactions” on. Well done, sir. Well...done. 

One internet Revé for you.(stock photo)

0F945262-DF65-43C3-926F-6572E73A72FD.jpeg

Reve just made it move a little.

:wub:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Once this is over, you and Shocks are getting a LA care package.

Well then assembling 2 Lowcountry care packages just became something to look forward to. 

SzC1HUb.jpg

Can't taste the banana at all.

But it's a good hefe hopped like an IPA. Hazy, lot of body. Actually quite dank on the nose. Hops are present, with a nice bitter bite on the front end. Finishes like a hefe.

Very solid beer.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I took this. Then I took another. But the first is waaaaay more representative of my current state.

Yeah....

B7E14F1D-B439-49E5-8189-05D109BFB361.jpeg

One of those "keep a foot on the floor so the room doesn't spin" nights, eh?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

6808DA42-AB51-49E8-8094-85347129B9D9.gif

I went 16 oz Scofflaw Basement (7.5%) > large pour of red wine > negroni > 2 fingers of Four Roses last night. Not exactly hungover this morning, but not exactly not hungover, either. 

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I went 16 oz Scofflaw Basement (7.5%) > large pour of red wine > negroni > 2 fingers of Four Roses last night. Not exactly hungover this morning, but not exactly not hungover, either. 

Exactly my current state. My morning PT session should help with that...