Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

25 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I love that glass. I’m a sucker for coolass glassware.

Agreed. It’s one of my favorite styles of glass. 

Now that I got your attention, I reached out to Parish today to see if they have any plans for expanding into the Memphis/TN market and they said nothing in the immediate future :(  .

However, I did go to their site and plugged in my zip and there’s allegedly some gas stations about 10 miles from my house in Olive Branch, MS that carry their stuff. Might take a field trip after work tomorrow.

I had a dream, right before waking this morning, where I saw GITM on tap in a local bar and the bartender served me an amber and said I asked for a “bbq in the machine” at which point I got irate and whatever. Dreams are weird. 

So I woke up craving GITM and called a Southaven, MS liquor store to see if they sold beer, and apparently NO liquor stores in Mississippi sell beer. I asked where I can get some craft beer, and he said Buster’s...which you may know is in Memphis. So I specified Southaven and he said the SuperLo has the best selection of beer(“better than Kroger”). But I didn’t want to drive 40 minutes to a grocery store that may or may not have GITM and I sure as s*** wasn’t going to call their customer service desk asking for a specific beer because...well...we all know how customer service desks in grocery stores and department stores are. 

Anyway. Yeah. Rambling. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Now that I got your attention, I reached out to Parish today to see if they have any plans for expanding into the Memphis/TN market and they said nothing in the immediate future :(  .

However, I did go to their site and plugged in my zip and there’s allegedly some gas stations about 10 miles from my house in Olive Branch, MS that carry their stuff. Might take a field trip after work tomorrow.

I had a dream, right before waking this morning, where I saw GITM on tap in a local bar and the bartender served me an amber and said I asked for a “bbq in the machine” at which point I got irate and whatever. Dreams are weird. 

So I woke up craving GITM and called a Southaven, MS liquor store to see if they sold beer, and apparently NO liquor stores in Mississippi sell beer. I asked where I can get some craft beer, and he said Buster’s...which you may know is in Memphis. So I specified Southaven and he said the SuperLo has the best selection of beer(“better than Kroger”). But I didn’t want to drive 40 minutes to a grocery store that may or may not have GITM and I sure as s*** wasn’t going to call their customer service desk asking for a specific beer because...well...we all know how customer service desks in grocery stores and department stores are. 

Anyway. Yeah. Rambling. 

I love...and hate...all of this. All the way.

I just need to make you a GITM care package. Hell, I’m coming to Southhaven in March for the Sturg/Childers show. Perhaps I should just bring it with.

ETA- For you and @McLoofus...no “extra cool” Parish stuff has shown up here yet. When I begin to accumulate things, I’ll let y’all know.

EATA-Sorry, yeah craft beer is a rarity in MS. I have only ever seen liquor sold in liquor stores there. Buying beer was always reserved for gas stations/convenience stores. 

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Anyway. Yeah. Rambling. 

This was truly a ride. 

Local boutique grocery going out of business, everything half off. BOGO CBS?  Ok.

Also, still not used to seeing Founders freaking CB freaking S in a grocery store. 

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This was truly a ride. 

Local boutique grocery going out of business, everything half off. BOGO CBS?  Ok.

Also, still not used to seeing Founders freaking CB freaking S in a grocery store. 

F6573D09-940E-44BF-9399-272CBB68B45E.jpegBOGO CBS you say? I don’t know this BOGO CBS...

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

F6573D09-940E-44BF-9399-272CBB68B45E.jpegBOGO CBS you say? I don’t know this BOGO CBS...

Buy one get one Canadian Breakfast Stout. (Technically just fitty percent off)

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Buy one get one Canadian Breakfast Stout. (Technically just fitty percent off)

I. Swing. Humor. Whiff.

Thats what I get for attempting humor after 3x8%....

Mostly because I’ve only seen CBS here locally once. Two years ago. Then...

ABD01626-36DA-4377-ABDF-B8A1EFD141F4.gif

Edited by Tiger Refuge

49 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This was truly a ride. 

4pks of CBS? That’s a steal. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I. Swing. Humor. Whiff.

Thats what I get for attempting humor after 3x8%....

Mostly because I’ve only seen CBS her locally once. Two years ago. Then...

ABD01626-36DA-4377-ABDF-B8A1EFD141F4.gif

Nah. I thought you were being humorous but I couldn't tell exact meaning so I just went normie on you...

Seems maybe I should go back tomorrow and see if they still have any. Just in case I need anything decent to exchange with a friend down the road...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nah. I thought you were being humorous but I couldn't tell exact meaning so I just went normie on you...

Seems maybe I should go back tomorrow and see if they still have any. Just in case I need anything decent to exchange with a friend down the road...

7BCAB402-B3CA-45E9-B218-B6150C7FF103.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

In all seriousness, we should have some serious product showing up soon. My beer store guy said they are “getting a bunch of new stuff” tomorrow. 

Is it weird if I stalk them all day via Facebook? Naaaah!

Edited by Tiger Refuge

13 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

In all seriousness, we should have some serious product showing up soon. My beer store guy said they are “getting a bunch of new stuff” tomorrow. 

Is it weird if I stalk them all day via Facebook? Naaaah!

Do what one must, one does...

Been sleeping on local breweries. Various reasons, half theirs, half mine. But, through them stepping up their game and me finding time/prioritizing, I've gained a little more appreciation. There are currently 3 main places and this is the pale ale at one of them. Highly crushable 5.5er with clarity and a dry, bitter finish but very current tropical hop profile up front. They do a fantastic imperial milk stout and mango/watermelon gose, too.  Their NEIPA is competent. Cool space, decent food. 

As the beer culture equivalent of a boomer, I still love that you can find that in backwater towns all over now.

IMG_20200202_153342.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, and happy MFin Super Bowl Sunday. I'll probably be leaning on Sierra Nevada anniversary IPA. Old school west coast should go great with wings and "only" 6%.

• Love 1

On 2/2/2020 at 3:02 PM, McLoofus said:

Oh, and happy MFin Super Bowl Sunday. I'll probably be leaning on Sierra Nevada anniversary IPA. Old school west coast should go great with wings and "only" 6%.

It’s very solid. Thoroughly enjoyed a nice throwback IPA. 

• Like 1

Stumbled upon some month old Hopslam for the game today. Still great. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Went on a little car ride today to a tobacco/beer store in Olive Branch, MS. Bottled about a month ago. 25 minutes from home. Hopefully this place can keep it fresh because I’ll keep buying.

j44smxM.jpg

Hell. Yes.