Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

51 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

That looks BEAUTIFUL. Peanut butter, raspberry, blackberry, and.....Coconut? 

Yep. It was delicious. I think they brewed it for their anniversary party, so it’s probably a one and done :(.

Went to Olive Branch to pick up GITM on Sunday and they were out. Left my number with dude and he called me yesterday. Snatched that up and some Braincake. The double wheat now makes sense considering their wheat is called Canebrake. Delicious beer as usual from Parish. 

yc0lbQ7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Went to Olive Branch to pick up GITM on Sunday and they were out. Left my number with dude and he called me yesterday. Snatched that up and some Braincake. The double wheat now makes sense considering their wheat is called Canebrake. Delicious beer as usual from Parish. 

yc0lbQ7.jpg

Damn. Why say more?

19 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

My store is sitting at $21k in sales for a Thursday. We usually do half that. Thanks, Coronavirus!

Congrats!

My affinity in the winter months is Blanton's, but I heard Evan Williams was just as successful at killing the virus. I bought it! Cheap! (I cannot confirm the medical research. Ben?)

4 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Congrats!

My affinity in the winter months is Blanton's, but I heard Evan Williams was just as successful at killing the virus. I bought it! Cheap! (I cannot confirm the medical research. Ben?)

We are over $30k today, which is huge outside of the holiday season. 

Evan Williams is a lot easier to find than Blanton’s as well. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

But what are the adjuncts??

Boudin for sure. Maple syrup? It really tastes like a really good coffee stout. Maple is just barely present and I’m not sure where the boudin comes in. Just a mild hint of saltiness...maybe. 

ETA- Apparently, it’s cane syrup. Why I would ever say maple? I’m an idiot.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.katc.com/news/around-acadiana/bayou-teche-brewing-releases-cajun-breakfast-stout-brewed-with-coffee-cane-syrup-and-boudin%3f_amp=true

Edited by Tiger Refuge

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Boudin for sure. Maple syrup? It really tastes like a really good coffee stout. Maple is just barely present and I’m not sure where the boudin comes in. Just a mild hint of saltiness...maybe. 

ETA- Apparently, it’s cane syrup. Why I would ever say maple? I’m an idiot.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.katc.com/news/around-acadiana/bayou-teche-brewing-releases-cajun-breakfast-stout-brewed-with-coffee-cane-syrup-and-boudin%3f_amp=true

Can you get more? Wanna throw a quick trade together?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Can you get more? Wanna throw a quick trade together?

Picked up some more today. Let me see what I can piece together with some other offerings. S***’s gettin weird.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

May be a straight stout trade. Got some Revé rolling around town here if you don’t have that showing up locally.

4:4 sound good?

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

Some offerings from the new brewery in Trussville. They are doing good things. 

0EFSpCi.jpg

Their fruited "gose" (actually a wild). Blueberry, boysenberry and blackberry. Knock your socks off good. Tart, fruity as hell, full bodied and at 8% abv will knock you on your ass.

MKXUT4W.jpg

Couple of howlers of two of their other offerings. Banana wheat sounds awful but I'm curious.

I haven't had this stout, but I had their major one (Ursa) in their tap room and it was very good. If it's anything like that, it's going to be banging. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Some offerings from the new brewery in Trussville. They are doing good things. 

0EFSpCi.jpg

Their fruited "gose" (actually a wild). Blueberry, boysenberry and blackberry. Knock your socks off good. Tart, fruity as hell, full bodied and at 8% abv will knock you on your ass.

MKXUT4W.jpg

Couple of howlers of two of their other offerings. Banana wheat sounds awful but I'm curious.

I haven't had this stout, but I had their major one (Ursa) in their tap room and it was very good. If it's anything like that, it's going to be banging. 

A lot of traditional Bavarian wheat beers have notes of banana and clove. So it’s probably not too bad. 

That Gose sounds delicious. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

A lot of traditional Bavarian wheat beers have notes of banana and clove. So it’s probably not too bad. 

Yeah, notes. The way they talked, it'll be over the top "banana runts" tasting. But I'm intrigued enough that I picked it up.

43 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That Gose sounds delicious. 

It is. They have raspberry version as well I haven't been able to try.

It's an interesting venue. Rows upon rows of fermenters viewable from the restaurant seating area, and the beers are interesting with a huge selection on site. They aren't messing around. Plus the food was awesome. My wife and I have been twice.

17 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Yeah, notes. The way they talked, it'll be over the top "banana runts" tasting. But I'm intrigued enough that I picked it up.

It is. They have raspberry version as well I haven't been able to try.

It's an interesting venue. Rows upon rows of fermenters viewable from the restaurant seating area, and the beers are interesting with a huge selection on site. They aren't messing around. Plus the food was awesome. My wife and I have been twice.

Oh. Runts style, not natural. Could be a hard yikes. 

My grandfather lives in Trussville, and while I don’t make it down there much, my folks do. I’ll tell them to drop in if he’s feeling like eating something other than Olive Garden or Jim n Nicks. 

Did another $35k today. We have legitimately done an average of $10-15k more a day for the past week. It’s nuts. Sanitizing constantly, all staff washing hands on a 30 minute running timer. Asking people to leave who appear sick. Stopping those who are touching too many bottles. Curbside pickup. We’re not ******* around. BUY OUR BOOZE and #flattenthecurve!

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 2