Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We’re super stoked. It’s got a great kitchen and den, basically all I really looked for in all the houses we’ve looked at. Those are the two places we spend the most time in, so I wanted them to be as close to perfect as possible. And they don’t require any immediate upgrading. All appliances stay including washer/dryer, which is a huge plus for me because I don’t care to ever have to fool with connecting a dryer to the vent ever again. 

We got accepted on another house last Sunday, but we backed out. It was close to 100 years old and the 67(!) page inspection report made us run the other way. The house we signed on today was built in ‘78, so it’s half as old, but still has great bones. 

Brass Door sounds familiar, but I’ve never been. We rarely go downtown unless it’s for some sort of special occasion.

lcrSD7B.jpg
cOg2D1g.jpg

Dude! Great open space there! Love those countertops and those floors. Y’all are gonna have fun with that!

Your house story sounds eerily familiar. We made an offer on a much older house that had tons of character, but lots of potential for issues. Luckily, they didn’t take it and we moved on. Our current house is almost the exact same age as yours. 

Cheers man!

• Love 1

On 2/6/2021 at 8:58 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

They’re crazy delicious. But I daresay that anything SGB does is as good or better (but I’ve had a lot more SGB brews). That beer you posted looks bomb. 

And thanks for the congrats on the house. Been searching since October. Going up against 25+ other offers on the regular is pretty frustrating. Finally we decided to go with **** it money with an offer and they accepted (with a counter offer based on appraisal). 

Dude, residential real estate has been insane in so many markets this year. Congrats on breaking through! It's a wild process. Just take your patience pills until you get through closing. Love the pics! That natural light is huge. 

@Tiger Refuge, my first beer yesterday was a Parish Reve. Magic stuff. 

• Love 2

14 hours ago, fredst said:

Pretty good stout here if anyone is interested. I do love a good Imperial Stout in the cold weather months

764C16F7-E605-4E31-B815-24BAC97FD083.jpeg

How big are the adjunct flavors? I've grown really adjunct averse unless it's coffee- or unless you consider barrel aging an adjunct- but it's probably just in my head. 

52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

How big are the adjunct flavors? I've grown really adjunct averse unless it's coffee- or unless you consider barrel aging an adjunct- but it's probably just in my head. 

I was expecting it to be sweeter which I didn’t want but it made me curious. I thought the flavors were negligible, just a pretty solid stout that’s a little lower gravity than most. I still miss my Yeti that I can’t get here anymore 😢

15 minutes ago, fredst said:

I was expecting it to be sweeter which I didn’t want but it made me curious. I thought the flavors were negligible, just a pretty solid stout that’s a little lower gravity than most. I still miss my Yeti that I can’t get here anymore 😢

Copy that. Those guys at Trimtab don't tend to trade in unnecessary sugar in my limited experience. Love that 8.7 sweet spot, didn't even notice on first viewing. A lot of my favorite IPAs are in that range but not a lot of stouts it seems, like you said. It's usually either a 5.5-6.0 session-adjacent pounder or a double digit sugar bomb. Which have their place but aren't as versatile. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

Dammit, y'all are making me thirsty.

We got together after you said you haven't been feeling beer as much lately and developed a plan of attack.

George Pepard just lit a stogie. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Anything distinctive about it stylistically? Just curious. Certainly doesn't look overly filtered. 

Definitely got some tropical notes from it. Not overly dank or hoppy. A little sweetness. Not a bad interpretation, but definitely not GITM. Got it in a trade, but would buy.

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2021 at 10:02 AM, McLoofus said:

Copy that. Those guys at Trimtab don't tend to trade in unnecessary sugar in my limited experience. Love that 8.7 sweet spot, didn't even notice on first viewing. A lot of my favorite IPAs are in that range but not a lot of stouts it seems, like you said. It's usually either a 5.5-6.0 session-adjacent pounder or a double digit sugar bomb. Which have their place but aren't as versatile. 

I talked to some Trimtab reps recently and had to ask them about their logo and numbers they put on the can. Interesting people. Big into numerology and symbolism. Wouldn’t surprise me if they had crystals and candles in the brew house. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I talked to some Trimtab reps recently and had to ask them about their logo and numbers they put on the can. Interesting people. Big into numerology and symbolism. Wouldn’t surprise me if they had crystals and candles in the brew house. 

Very interesting. I wonder if they are Masons?

Either way, I'll legit look closer at their packaging now.

Oldie but a goodie. Like, really goodie. Hoppy farmhouse wearing the perfect cedar dress. I could pound this all damn day and could think of a hundred food pairings, like the maple glazed salmon and rosemary roasted potatoes we had tonight. 

PXL_20210220_231158263.jpg

• Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Oldie but a goodie. Like, really goodie. Hoppy farmhouse wearing the perfect cedar dress. I could pound this all damn day and could think of a hundred food pairings, like the maple glazed salmon and rosemary roasted potatoes we had tonight. 

PXL_20210220_231158263.jpg

God that sounds fantastic.

• Like 1

McWifey bought some local mussels from a local rapper (Q Smalls) and made some amazing moules frites. My minor contribution was nailing the beer pairing. Not that I had to think about it too much.

PXL_20210221_233430830.jpg

PXL_20210221_233535778.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

The only All Relation beer I was able to procure before they closed. Probably their most popular, and I see why. Just unbelievably complex and tasty. Is that, anise I taste? 

F6948EA2-E9C2-4D16-A7EF-67496BF548FA.jpeg

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1