1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

So what is the general consensus of 11348869480478.png

Frome this corner, at least,

good stuff.

Edited by AUld fAUx@

14 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

So what is the general consensus of 11348869480478.png

8 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Very solid, often overlooked by me, IPA.

Concur. 

I am grateful that it is widely available. It has saved me in many a watering hole that didn't have much to offer. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Thanks!

Cheers!

Put another way- since I guess I just love the sound of my own voice- there are lots of classic beers out there that are available everywhere, aren't the sexy new thing and they're not the "most" anything, but they are not broken and do not need fixing. I would put this beer on that list. Bell's Two Hearted, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Stone IPA... I'll always have a spot in my fridge for these beers. They might not stand out in a lineup, but I probably couldn't tell you how I would make them better. 

Oh, do check for a bottling date, though. Not sure if they put them on those but it's worth checking or asking. As with all IPAs, freshness is a big consideration. 

Finally got to crack one of these yesterday afternoon. Yum.

Wi0xhe7.jpg

Can't say I prefer it to Hopslam, though, Shocks, but it's an excellent IIPA.

Edited by AUDub

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Cheers!

Put another way- since I guess I just love the sound of my own voice- there are lots of classic beers out there that are available everywhere, aren't the sexy new thing and they're not the "most" anything, but they are not broken and do not need fixing. I would put this beer on that list. Bell's Two Hearted, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Stone IPA... I'll always have a spot in my fridge for these beers. They might not stand out in a lineup, but I probably couldn't tell you how I would make them better. 

Oh, do check for a bottling date, though. Not sure if they put them on those but it's worth checking or asking. As with all IPAs, freshness is a big consideration. 

I drank 'ONE' Lagunistas a couple of weeks ago. Since I am not a fan of IPAs it tasted horrible. So I was wondering if it was considered a quality IPA, or more like a PBR of IPAs.

• Thanks 1

Just now, SumterAubie said:

I drank 'ONE' Lagunistas a couple of weeks ago. Since I am not a fan of IPAs it tasted horrible. So I was wondering if it was considered a quality IPA, or more like a PBR of IPAs.

Ahh. 

Are you a bourbon guy? I would say more like the Four Roses of IPAs. It's good. Totally fine. But if you want to really excite your taste buds or impress your friends, you're going to do something else.

But nah, I wouldn't equate it to PBR in any sense, unless it had been sitting in the sun for 6 months before you tried it. 

IPAs might be like cilantro. Either you like them or you don't. 

10 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

IPAs are an acquired taste, like most beer tends to be. Most people don't like overly bitter beers at first. This can include both IPAs and really roasty dark beers. Most people do tend to adjust to them, and I began craving them at some point.

There are plenty if gateway IPAs out there, so keep trying. You never know when when you'll catch one that opens the door for you. Hell, even if you never enjoy them, there are myriad other styles out there. Something for just about everyone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

IPAs are an acquired taste, like most beer tends to be. Most people don't like overly bitter beers at first. This can include both IPAs and really roasty dark beers. Most people do tend to adjust to them, and I began craving them at some point.

There are plenty if gateway IPAs out there, so keep trying. You never know when when you'll catch one that opens the door for you. Hell, even if you never enjoy them, there are myriad other styles out there. Something for just about everyone. 

I think about beer like coffee sometimes. Almost nobody likes a cup of strong black coffee right out of the gate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I think about beer like coffee sometimes. Almost nobody likes a cup of strong black coffee right out of the gate. 

True true.

I always think back to my first sour, a Lindemann's Gueuze. It was a chore to get through that bottle. Can't get enough of them now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

True true.

I always think back to my first sour, a Lindemann's Gueuze. It was a chore to get through that bottle. Can't get enough of them now. 

I'm still only an occasional sour guy, and it's usually when someone else brings or wants to try one. My wife likes them more than I do, but she's pregnant so that cuts down on my exposure even more. 

• Like 3

Just now, McLoofus said:

I'm still only an occasional sour guy, and it's usually when someone else brings or wants to try one. My wife likes them more than I do, but she's pregnant so that cuts down on my exposure even more. 

Ah! Congrats! How far along are we on McLittle part deux?

Sours, particularly lambics and the like, are an extremely niche style, IMO. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Ah! Congrats! How far along are we on McLittle part deux?

Sours, particularly lambics and the like, are an extremely niche style, IMO. 

Thanks man! Due on Thanksgiving Day. It's a boy this time. Psyched. Nervous! Really glad we had a girl first. We're banking on her being an asset, even though she's still only 3.

A true lambic shouldn't even be enjoyable but they somehow are. We got to go to Cantillon in Brussels and it was game changer. McWifey wasn't particularly excited about going and it ended up being one of the highlights of our trip. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks man! Due on Thanksgiving Day. It's a boy this time. Psyched. Nervous! Really glad we had a girl first. We're banking on her being an asset, even though she's still only 3.

She will be. We are extremely lucky to have older girls to keep an eye on Cecilia and what not.

What does McLittle think? Erstwhile youngest was happy to be getting a real live baby doll. Erstwhile middle was indifferent. Oldest about had a flipping meltdown, and wouldn't hold her for a week after she was born lol, made even funnier when she did finally hold her, which Cece responded to by promptly letting loose a ripper. :laugh:

They're inseparable now though.

TQUNUFe.jpg

14a6mbX.jpg

OF7abw6.jpg

• Love 2

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

She will be. We are extremely lucky to have older girls to keep an eye on Cecilia and what not.

What does McLittle think? Erstwhile youngest was happy to be getting a real live baby doll. Erstwhile middle was indifferent. Oldest about had a flipping meltdown, and wouldn't hold her for a week after she was born lol, made even funnier when she did finally hold her, which Cece responded to by promptly letting loose a ripper. :laugh:

They're inseparable now though.

TQUNUFe.jpg

14a6mbX.jpg

OF7abw6.jpg

Those are all adorable, of course, but that middle picture is HILARIOUS.

Lil bit is super stoked. She talks to and kisses Mommy's tummy, she's gotten really into fussing over the baby boy doll my mom got her, she casually calls him different names off our short list of possibilities... it's been pretty amazing. We'll find out a lot more when she actually has to share the spotlight, but we couldn't ask for a better response from her so far. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Humpff

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Coffee is like sex.

When it's good, it's real, real good, and when it's bad it's

still pretty good.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Cool and Congrats

On 8/3/2018 at 7:33 PM, AUDub said:

Ahhh

RT0Ea7U.jpg

Damn. That looks delish.

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Big congrats on number 2! Any clue to his screename yet, since you already have a McLittle?

Bloof? LITM?(Loof in the Machine)

• Love 1

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

Big congrats on number 2! Any clue to his screename yet, since you already have a McLittle?

Bloof? LITM?(Loof in the Machine)

Thanks bro! Haha, not sure what we'll call this one. He won't be a junior but we've been calling him Junior a lot. McJunior has a ring to it...

Out of beer tonight. Drinking Old Granddad Bonded. This has become my "daily" go-to bourbon. (Not EVERY day. At least not most weeks.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1