Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Don’t get me wrong, I do like their beer. But the taproom itself didn’t “wow” me. Served me my beer in a plastic cup? Wtf. I did pick up a rum barrel aged milk stout for 12.99 though. 

I will never, ever understand this at a taproom. Saw someone posted from Trillium today, drinking from a plastic cup. 

Oh hell no!

Edited by Tiger Refuge

8 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I will never, ever understand this at a taproom. Saw someone posted from Trillium today, drinking from a plastic cup. 

No sh**? Some sort of special event or something? I definitely drank from proper glasses when I was there.

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Creature Comforts is easily in my top 5 tap rooms I’ve ever been in. Beer was fantastic. Awesome atmosphere. 

Yaaaaaaaayyyyy

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

(Re: Terp) But the taproom itself didn’t “wow” me. Served me my beer in a plastic cup? Wtf. 

Booooooooooooo

9 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Oh hell no!

It’s such a waste. I doubt there was a shortage on glasses considering their gift shop was packed with them. 

7 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I loved that CC has a 10oz option for pouting size. That’s a perfect amount to get to try a lot of beer but not getting hammered on. 

And still have enough in the glass to get the fresh pour vibe and the been-breathing-for-a-minute vibe.

Not sure if I mentioned here but I'll always have a soft spot for the CC guys on a personal level, even though I've never met them. They were selling their pilot system at the same time my buddy was getting his brewery (Main Channel in Guntersville) going, so it was perfect timing for him to level up on the cheap. He went over there and ended up spending the entire day with them talking about the business. He said they couldn't have been kinder and more generous with their time and knowledge. 

• Like 1

Hop City was slammed. The line was longer than it was for Hopslam. 

38 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I noticed they also released Oracle yesterday. Did you get some? 

Yes I did. It was kind of out of the way but I got my hands on a sixes. Haven’t had one yet. Busy weekend. Will try to pop one tonight. 

16 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Yes I did. It was kind of out of the way but I got my hands on a sixes. Haven’t had one yet. Busy weekend. Will try to pop one tonight. 

Out of curiosity, what were they charging?

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

18 and change.