Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks bro! Haha, not sure what we'll call this one. He won't be a junior but we've been calling him Junior a lot. McJunior has a ring to it...

Out of beer tonight. Drinking Old Granddad Bonded. This has become my "daily" go-to bourbon. (Not EVERY day. At least not most weeks.)

I gotta get me a bottle of that OGD. 

I have no idea why this popped in my head...

B8C58385-F956-4A1C-AA01-42B208F64C32.gif

*ETA- McJunior has a hell of a ring to it. 

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I gotta get me a bottle of that OGD. 

I have no idea why this popped in my head...

B8C58385-F956-4A1C-AA01-42B208F64C32.gif

*ETA- McJunior has a hell of a ring to it. 

I don't either, brother, but I'll roll with it. Part of me wants context and the other part of me says, nah, just make it whatever you need it to be!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks bro! Haha, not sure what we'll call this one. He won't be a junior but we've been calling him Junior a lot. McJunior has a ring to it...

Out of beer tonight. Drinking Old Granddad Bonded. This has become my "daily" go-to bourbon. (Not EVERY day. At least not most weeks.)

"Son of son of"

but it does sort'a roll off the keyboard

Just now, AUld fAUx@ said:

"Son of son of"

but it does sort'a roll off the keyboard

Aye, but my brother is a Junior, and I must imagine there is a Davidson, Jr. out there somewhere as well. It is an unfortunate circumstance, but certainly less cumbersome than adding and counting McPrefixes and Suffixsons?

• Like 1

18 holes in heat and humidity, recovery dinner and wash it down with a couple triples. Left Coast Hop-Juice was ok, SN Hoptimum much better.

champion dinner.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

18 holes in heat and humidity, recovery dinner and wash it down with a couple triples. Left Coast Hop-Juice was ok, SN Hoptimum much better.

champion dinner.JPG

In LA Hot Sauce?! Yes!!!!

Oh yeah, good beer too.

They're back in the business?

My wife (bless her heart, coming back from her summer camp) is bringing me some (French Broad, Asheville) Rye Hopper.

On 8/8/2018 at 8:53 PM, AUFAN78 said:

champion dinner.JPG

Always sort'a preferred the mustard sauce (weird?) but that might have called for a different pairing.

On 8/11/2018 at 4:56 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Really nice beer from Lucky Town in Jackson,MS. Nice IPA with a coffee finish. A bit of a surprise, as I’m not sure I would ever think these flavors would go together.

0EA8582D-0E9B-4B9C-85A9-37084871B051.jpeg

They have a stout called Hot Coffee made with cinnamon, coffee, and peppers that’s pretty good—and surprisingly light for 9%. 

A brewery I used to go to in FoCo, Snowbank, had a coffee IPA that was out of this world. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 5:45 PM, AUld fAUx@ said:

They're back in the business?

My wife (bless her heart, coming back from her summer camp) is bringing me some (French Broad, Asheville) Rye Hopper.

Confirmed. French Broad is now not only brewing their Rye Hopper RyePA again, but has also resumed bottling and distributing it. Name is pretty self-explanatory, and I still (again?) like it.

Confirmed. My wife (bless her heart) still loves me (brought me the 5 bottles she encountered)

lFVEhOM.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Confirmed. French Broad is now not only brewing their Rye Hopper RyePA again, but has also resumed bottling and distributing it. Name is pretty self-explanatory, and I still (again?) like it.

Confirmed. My wife (bless her heart) still loves me (brought me the 5 bottles she encountered)

lFVEhOM.jpg

Will sip it if I see it. ABV?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

5.9%

Mostly met/enjoyed it as an autumn beer, but this re-introduction sampling might not last that long.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

5.9%

Mostly met/enjoyed it as an autumn beer, but this re-introduction sampling might not last that long.

I haven't had a craving for a rye APA/IPA in a long time but lately I've been wanting to reacquaint myself with maltier and spicier expressions. That looks absolutely delicious. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I haven't had a craving for a rye APA/IPA in a long time but lately I've been wanting to reacquaint myself with maltier and spicier expressions. That looks absolutely delicious. 

You just ignited my mind’s eye of the last sazerac I had in New Orleans. 

Dammit.

• Angry 1

37 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

You just ignited my mind’s eye of the last sazerac I had in New Orleans. 

Dammit.

Well, well, well. Turnabout IS fair play after all, eh Mister Refuge? You've once again proven yourself a most formidable adversary. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Not sure if all breweries (1st I've seen) do this (and not sure how much this will help you), but

web-page for their distribution (scroll down for out-of-state contacts) is at

http://www.frenchbroadbrewery.com/find-our-beers/

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Well, well, well. Turnabout IS fair play after all, eh Mister Refuge? You've once again proven yourself a most formidable adversary. 

It’s funny how one little word can do that. Like, rye. ?

Edited by Tiger Refuge

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It’s funny how one little word can do that. Like, rye. ?

Rye you gotta do me like that, bruh?!

Actually, I just happen to have a bottle of Saz Rye in the hidey hole. I guess this is the part where Mav and Iceman high five?

• Love 1

2 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Not sure if all breweries (1st I've seen) do this (and not sure how much this will help you), but

web-page for their distribution (scroll down for out-of-state contacts) is at

http://www.frenchbroadbrewery.com/find-our-beers/

Many thanks. And I'll be damned. Seems they've pulled out of GA. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Rye you gotta do me like that, bruh?!

Actually, I just happen to have a bottle of Saz Rye in the hidey hole. I guess this is the part where Mav and Iceman high five?

Bruh! It’s of utmost importance that I pick up some Saz rye.

195B56DB-7F25-48F8-BFA3-2A698CF915C4.gif

ETA- Iceman executes one of the best non-verbal commos ever.

AB98CB58-8BA4-474E-B25B-EA837E855565.gif

Edited by Tiger Refuge

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Bruh! It’s of utmost importance that I pick up some Saz rye.

195B56DB-7F25-48F8-BFA3-2A698CF915C4.gif

ETA- Iceman executes one of the best non-verbal commos ever.

AB98CB58-8BA4-474E-B25B-EA837E855565.gif

Clicked "love", got denied.

• Love 1

Oktoberfests still haven’t hit the shelves here. Bit later than last year. Hmm. 

Edited by AUDub

La Fin Du Monde. Hard to find, but it exists. It's not hoppy, but wheaty, and HEAVEY. You can almost stand a popsicle stick in it. It would be foolish to pass it up if you spot it in a specialty place. 9% abv, lol. 

La_Fin_Du_Monde_Unibroue.jpg

• Like 2