the runningbacks

mcgufcm

looks like it's tre's to loose at this point.   keep in mind that CTT seems to pull folks real quick if they're not doing well.   fumble or drop easy passes and he'll try someone else.   glad we have four known running backs to choose from (smith, steward, lester & irons).    think they'll all see playing time early and who ever does the best will get the most work later in the season minus  injuries.

152516[/snapback]

This reminds me so-o-o much of the '01 team with Carnell as a Freshman. We had Casinious Moore, Ronnie Brown, and Carnell Williams (plus Chris Butler) all competing for #1 Because of experience it was Casinious's job to lose. None of them separated themselves until Caddy took the reigns about 7 games in. Ronnie fell behind, Casinious quit, and Butler played sparingly, but we found a gem or two in that bunch! Here's to more competition and a repeat of their performances (not the team's performance).

152519[/snapback]

Casinious Moore took a medical...to say he "quit" sounds a little harsh and is somewhat misleading. Gotta stick up for my boys from the Anniston/Heflin area.... :big::au::homer:

Kenny Irons is and will be the man...and I believe that he was the most consistent rb this spring, as much as I love Tre.

I think Jake Slaughter will be the starting rb by mid season.  :D  :P

152570[/snapback]

Don't forget about Mike McLaughlin. He'll be pushing Jake for playing time, although I have to admit Slaughter really improved this past year. His blocking was tremendous. AUnuma1 has a great picture in his sig of Ronnie Brown busting through the line in the IB. Check out what JS is doing in that picture.

This whole thread is kinda funny -- we are loaded in the backfield from starting TB to 3-deep on the depth chart. It won't matter one bit who starts because all will play a role. CAB is the type of OC who recognizes & uses the talents of everyone. We are in good hands. WDE :au:

Archived