Spring Break

TrueTiger

Hey everyone!!! Hope you enjoyed the ring pictures..

I'm off to spring break. I'm heading to Gulf Shores and then maybe Destin.

I hope everyone has a great safe SB.

WAR EAGLE FOREVER!!!!!

I am leaving the Redneck Riviera to get away from the Spring Breakers, about as far away as I can get; Seattle and skiing in Washington State with my youngest daughter...

during spring break "House Party" used to be a big deal when i was in school... Is it still around??

just courious

:huh:

I live down here in NW Florida. I work at Silver Sands outlet mall at a store called Music 4 Less. If y'all are down this way, stop in. If you're wearing AU stuff I'll give you a WAR EAGLE!!!!

Be safe in the Destin traffic. It's nasty.

I'm home in Bammerham for the week, and wow is it great to have a break from school. But I realized as soon as I stopped at thet Shell on 280 yesterday that I already miss Auburn and can't wait to get back. I've reached that point in my first year of college where Auburn has totally become home. It's great! It's good to see family and stuff though, and making $$ working this week instead of spending it so I can do my road trips this summer.

What is the condition of the beaches and the city (Destin) after last years MAJOR hurricane??? Just wondering if some of the city's infrastructure is still down.

Thanks-

From what I've been able to tell, Destin is okay. It's everywhere else that got beat up from what I've been told. I don't do the beach thing that often but just driving by, it looks ok. The weather here lately has been so drastic from day to day, warm and sunny, then the monsoon....

From what I've been able to tell, Destin is okay. It's everywhere else that got beat up from what I've been told. I don't do the beach thing that often but just driving by, it looks ok. The weather here lately has been so drastic from day to day, warm and sunny, then the monsoon....

153043[/snapback]

My dad and I own a house on Perdido Key, it will be years before that place ever looks the same again.

Raventiger - I live on the bay in Pensacola and we got hammered. Took about 8 feet of water and my roof is somewhere in the bay. But everyone here got about the same damage so I can't complain! :) Gulf Shores, Pensacola, Perdido Key, Gulf Breeze - that whole strip through there looks like a bomb went off. BUT... no way I'd ever live anywhere else. Living on or near the water is addictive :)

Deepseas - I just drove through Perdido Key this last weekend - I feel for ya. Hope you guys can get everything back to somewhat-normal soon!

Raventiger - I live on the bay in Pensacola and we got hammered.  Took about 8 feet of water and my roof is somewhere in the bay. But everyone here got about the same damage so I can't complain!  :)   Gulf Shores, Pensacola, Perdido Key, Gulf Breeze - that whole strip through there looks like a bomb went off.  BUT... no way I'd ever live anywhere else.  Living on or near the water is addictive :)

Deepseas - I just drove through Perdido Key this last weekend - I feel for ya. Hope you guys can get everything back to somewhat-normal soon!

153389[/snapback]

We got it pretty bad, we lost a house, 4 cars, and a family member. This upcoming weekend is the first time we can actually move anything back into the place. For the most part, there is only one room that is actually liveable. With all the damage we had, our house looks much better than most on our street.

Thanks for the update. I hope that everyone affected by last year's hurricane has a speedy return to some semblance of normality to their lives.

War Eagle!

i got a buddy w/ a condo in Gulf Shores...he said it's FINALLY back and rentable... headed down there in May :thumbsup:

the pictures i saw just after the hurricane were incredible...

Archived