First thing Chip will address at Fall Camp

WFE12

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So he wasn't telling the truth? You weren't concerned about the defense the entire second half? I don't think Davis was lying and I wasn't liking how the defense played the final three quarters. We must have seen a different game.

OFC, I was concerned for the D, because it was the only thing keeping LSU at bay, b/c our offense was so ineffective the whole second half. Your D will always bend more and more and more, mentally and physically, when they are getting ZERO help from the offense in the second half. I don't blame the D at all for the loss. 

And when you are on the road in an SEC game,  your offense has to break the trend of the other team gaining momentum. Just a FG would have probably finished off LSU, as well as some time off the clock with ball control. It didn't happen.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Good Lord. You really going to say this? Did the D play their best game? Nope. The D didn't lose this game. Hell no. If that is your take, well :rollin:.

Also not sure if it's been mentioned but Tray Matthews was injured. If he was healthy LSU wouldn't have gotten the offensive big plays they did since he wasn't just very good player, he was also the QB of the secondary.

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The D's fault we lost to Clemson also. Shouldn't have let them score those 2 TD's. 

One 1 if not 2 lucky ass plays.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Keep digging that hole deeper. 

I'm waiting for that report on how many $ the Big Money Boys are not donating so far this year.

Just now, Mikey said:

I'm waiting for that report on how many $ the Big Money Boys are not donating so far this year.

Google it big boy. I don't have charts. We can just blame the money not flowing in on Steele. 

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The D's fault we lost to Clemson also. Shouldn't have let them score those 2 TD's. 

I blame Holland for the 4th and 9th sack and Marlon and Derrick were clearly responsible for missing the blocks on 4th and 3

Just now, bigbird said:

I blame Holland for the 4th and 9th sack and Marlon and Derrick were clearly responsible for missing the blocks on 4th and 3

Also blame the D for the loss in the SECCG. Damn that Kevin Steele. 

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The game was close because the defense didn't hold that 20 point lead. Check the final score.

Check the play call sheet

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The game was close because the defense didn't hold that 20 point lead. Check the final score.

You are seriously going to say this after 17 straight dumb as hell 1st down dive run plays. No way you are that dumb. You have got to be in troll mode now...

come-on-man-gif-3.gif

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Boo. Now you're just repeating yourself. 

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

tenor.gif

Hah! Totally gonna picture this chick when Mikey posts from now on. Mainly for the long, somewhat-purple hair. 

29 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Tommy Tuberville called and wants his decades old game management philosophy back.

Tubs wouldn't wipe his butt with Gus Kevin Steele's strategy in the LSU game last year. Tommy could hold the ball for entire quarter. Gus Steele couldn't do it for 3 sets of downs in that game.

One key component of game/clock management that Gus Steele failed to consider is holding onto the football. That means first downs. I mean, it's one thing to not even try to score, but to not even try to get first downs? No wonder Steele coaches defense. 

12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

This thread has gone full blown 

911557.jpg

There's simply no way to pronounce Namrepus that isn't funny.

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Game wouldn't have been close if we would've called a complete game on O

LSU was basically conceding the loss until we dangled the meat in front of the Bengal. 

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

LSU was basically conceding the loss until we dangled the meat in front of the Bengal. 

We didn’t dangle the meat. We threw it in the cage and said I dare you to eat it.

Just now, ellitor said:

We didn’t dangle the meet. We threw it in the cage and said I dare you to eat it.

n4K6gYG.gif

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Being the glutton for punishment I am I went back and watched the offense vs LSU's defense. The 3rd quarter blew my mind. We should have held up a sign on our sideline saying "We are running on 1st down". Probably one of the sickest feelings after an Auburn game I've ever felt, similar to T A&M 2014 and thUGA 2014. My wife could have picked better plays. Ok 2 AM rant over. :drink1:

Archived