Know your opponent

bigbird

23 minutes ago, MylesJBryant said:

I came here to tell you about your opponent and learn about Auburn. Not sure why so many of you are trying to correct me about my own team who you have clearly never watched.

If you want to tell me our defense is bad or we wont be running 5-6 DBs go for it, we will. This is the only response you'll get from me. If you got a hidden gem at RB would or other playmakers that will exploit our weaknesses would love to hear about it.

I am feeling pretty good about this game now as it seems the only way most of you think you win this is based on convincing yourselves that washington is not a good team.

Just a heads up.  There are several current football coaches on this board, one of whom has interacted with you throughout this thread breaking down your defense in particular.  Not like we just have folks are talking out of their butt here.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MylesJBryant said:

I came here to tell you about your opponent and learn about Auburn. Not sure why so many of you are trying to correct me about my own team who you have clearly never watched.

If you want to tell me our defense is bad or we wont be running 5-6 DBs go for it, we will. This is the only response you'll get from me. If you got a hidden gem at RB would or other playmakers that will exploit our weaknesses would love to hear about it.

I am feeling pretty good about this game now as it seems the only way most of you think you win this is based on convincing yourselves that washington is not a good team.

You came here running your mouth and acting like Auburn was the North Atlantic school for the blind on our own forum... what the hell did you expect? Will Washington be a pushover? No, and they’ve gotten plenty of respect on this board. But please don’t be so ignorant to spout Stupidity like our team is full of scrubs 

And to answer your question, we have no hidden gems. They’re all out in the open ready to play. Speed all over the field, Auburn has not and will continue to not struggle with running the football in this offense

a3f.gif

Thank you for your input.  Just as a heads up you might want to go read around page 3 of this thread.  There was another Washington fan on here that was trolling us and got a few people on edge.  I do not think you are acting like him/her.  The people interacting with you are not being aggressive, that is just how some post, Auburn fan or not.

Also, we all are not taking for Washington for granted.  That is why the betting lines are so close.  You have a phenomenal coach that has done wonders for your program.  I am looking forward to the game and hope both teams make it out healthy.  We don’t want what happened to Alabama last year against FSU injury-wise.  

2 hours ago, MylesJBryant said:

If there's one area of our team I am not concerned about, it's RB.

3 hours ago, MylesJBryant said:

If we were playing 6 of auburn's DBs you would be running all day on us. But we aren't. I assume you are familiar with Derwin James at FSU and how good he one is run support?

Well we got 5 Derwin James' on our Team. Taylor Rapp, JoJo McIntosh, Austin Joyner, Elijah Molden, Myles Bryant. These arent your soft Auburn DBs. They go after the running back and take them down. Now if you had a guy like Scarborough you corncerns about DB size would be valid and you could laugh at me all you want, but you dont. So be warned. Expect all of these guys to Play near the line at some point taking roles that normal go to line backers and DEs.  Especially watch for myles bryant who will use his speed and DB instincts to blow up all your screen passes while also standing up stout in the run game our coaches rave about this kid and how special he is despite not being the nfl scouts darling.

2 hours ago, MylesJBryant said:

Being good on defense is a vastly different statement than “We have 5 Derwin James’ on our defense”. 

I think we are just saying that if Washington is truely going to sit back with 5/6 DBs and only 2/3 lineman type bodies, it’s gonna be a long night for that defense. That scheme will do wel in defending our screen game, but there have only been a few teams that have tried to defend our run game like that, and both times we rushed for over 350yds. Missouri in 2013 did a similar thing and Auburn dropped 500yds rushing on them. 

No one is saying that Washington isn’t good. What we are saying is that the individual matchups favor Auburn and allows Auburn to operate within its strength. Giving Malzahn a 5-6 man box is like giving a crack head Scarfaces secret stash. Washington’s OL, while big, and some younger guys at the both guard spots which should favor out DTs.  Washington will have to find ways to mitigate the pass rush, but if anyone is used to scheming around talent mismatch, it’s Petersen. 

As far as Auburn RBs go, Malzahn has had his 1000yd rusher every year he has been coaching college ball. This goes back to 2006. Kam Martin is the same size as Love and Gaskin. JaTarvious Whitlow is more of a thrasher at 6’ 220lbs. Both of those guys should have their chance this weekend. Seriously though, for Washington’s sake, I hope you guys are working your run fits. A heavy dose of inside zone with some Buck sweeps (double pulling guards) sprinkled in will be the recipe this weekend if Washington sticks to a light box.

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'll tell you exactly why. They gave up 247 rushing yards to Oregon (ranked 13th in the country at 251 ypg), 195 to Stanford (25th/202.4) and 203 to Penn State (56th/170.2). In other words, they allow teams to do what they do on the ground. 

We ran for 218 ypg last season. We had 2 top 5, 4 top 10 and 5 top 15 defenses on our schedule. 

??

I have stated nothing but facts in my posts. Yall refuse to believe how we will play, so I won't try to convince you otherwise. You will see everything I have said will be true on Saturday, win or Lose. Either way it will be interesting.

PS. I find the multiole references to our field goal kickers strength and accuracy hilariously informative. Especially with your confidence in your run game.

3 minutes ago, MylesJBryant said:

I have stated nothing but facts in my posts. Yall refuse to believe how we will play, so I won't try to convince you otherwise. You will see everything I have said will be true on Saturday, win or Lose. Either way it will be interesting.

PS. I find the multiole references to our field goal kickers strength and accuracy hilariously informative. Especially with your confidence in your run game.

You should look at AU's kicking heritage. 

Not saying this will happen but..... If Auburn is up by 7 with 3 seconds left in the half. 4th and long with an opportunity for 60 yrd. Fg. Gus kicks! May decide the game.

The dome is closed per UWs contract. No breeze.

9 hours ago, MylesJBryant said:

We will not stack the box. Especially since you have an inexperienced Oline and RB. Look out for 5 or 6 DBs on the field. They will shut down quick passes outside and dare you to run up the middle. Lake Kawasaki has no problem letting you get an easy 3 yards a play. Stopping explosive plays is no1 priority. But on obvious run plays they will bring in the beef to match.

We run HUNH "hurry up no huddle"on most plays...so if we don't substitute players...your team won't be able to "bring in the beef"

4 hours ago, MylesJBryant said:

All due respect, and truthfully, thank you for coming to our board.  I actually have no problem with what you're saying or how you're saying it.  Much, much better than the troll from that crazy board just throwing silly smack.  So, from this Tiger fan, Kudos to you.

Hiyever (however, in Southern drawl)... In reference to the bolded part of your post, our posters refuse to believe how you say UDub will play because we can't believe Petersen would be so dumb.  I'm sure someone has pointed out the Missouri tape that's been mentioned a few times.  The defense you're describing plays right into the Gus/Chip Offense's hands.  You, as a Husky fan should hope they WON'T play as you're describing....

In reference to the italicized part of your post... Auburn hopes so.  Yes, please.  Do that!!!

With that said, again, much respect to you for handling yourself respectfully and with decorum.  I'm sure, like actually playing the game, it's not easy discussing the upcoming game on the opponent's "home turf".

God bless!

7 hours ago, MylesJBryant said:

Oh, honey. Bless your heart. 

Can we keep you? You're adorable!

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Still hard to take seriously someone who doesn't understand the difference between an OLB and a stand up DE.

Dunno if you heard or not, but they got like 6 Derwin Jameses on their team, all potential Heisman finalists. Eeek!

Well, we can at least look on the bright side....they ain't got 6 Eric Berrys. Yo he's scary! ?

15 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Just a heads up.  There are several current football coaches on this board, one of whom has interacted with you throughout this thread breaking down your defense in particular.  Not like we just have folks are talking out of their butt here.

Are you repeating everything that you say here on their forum? 

17 hours ago, MylesJBryant said:

If we were playing 6 of auburn's DBs you would be running all day on us. But we aren't. I assume you are familiar with Derwin James at FSU and how good he one is run support?

Well we got 5 Derwin James' on our Team. Taylor Rapp, JoJo McIntosh, Austin Joyner, Elijah Molden, Myles Bryant. These arent your soft Auburn DBs. They go after the running back and take them down. Now if you had a guy like Scarborough you corncerns about DB size would be valid and you could laugh at me all you want, but you dont. So be warned. Expect all of these guys to Play near the line at some point taking roles that normal go to line backers and DEs.  Especially watch for myles bryant who will use his speed and DB instincts to blow up all your screen passes while also standing up stout in the run game our coaches rave about this kid and how special he is despite not being the nfl scouts darling.

Bookmarked for Saturday.

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Are you repeating everything that you say here on their forum? 

LOL no.  They are copying and pasting my words bro.  I've been over there for a few weeks just being cordial.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

LOL no.  They are copying and pasting my words bro.  I've been over there for a few weeks just being cordial.

Which board did this troll come from?

I've lurked in the hardcore huskies one a bit but that place is a pretty dark soul suck and I can only be down so long before I have to come up for air. 

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Gotcha. I had a double take when I read a familiar ..but nice retort.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Which board did this troll come from?

I've lurked in the hardcore huskies one a bit but that place is a pretty dark soul suck and I can only be down so long before I have to come up for air. 

HH.  They're pretry funny over there actually.  Just a different brand of humor.  I travel to the PNW a lot for work, so a little more used to the humor.

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

HH.  They're pretry funny over there actually.  Just a different brand of humor.  I travel to the PNW a lot for work, so a little more used to the humor.

I noticed a few moments of genuine humor. Most of it seems to be inside jokes involving intentional misspellings, homophobic slurs, and ironic references to suicide and rape. Oh, and they really, really like talking about the fact that we have a lot of black athletes and they don't. 

I prefer a little more diversity and creativity in my offensive humor and there are other mines I'd rather dig in to find rare gems. 

I do appreciate their self-deprecation and the fact that they don't take themselves too seriously. 

stolen from another site

This is from a UW message board

quote:
We are so screwed....Auburn's starting defense is named Dontavius, Deshaun, Montavious, Jamel and Javaris. 

We have Ben, Myles and Shane.

quote:
Their inside backer Deshaun Davis is a savage. Their DT Marlon Brown is a future top-10 pick. I think their entire defense is dark skin black like Alabama and they're fast and violent.

quote:
Slight? They have a huge size advantage on the D-line. Not to mention talent advantage. 

Oh and all their LBs are black. DJ Beavers is smaller than BBK, but you don't hear me complaining

quote:
Look man. You want your starting MLB to look like he is about to serve 5-10 in the state pen. Ill look to a skinny white guy to file my taxes.

???

Prove them wrong. The avg AU male student's name is Jacob, Mason, Kyle, Taylor, Tyler, etc. But the football players are named D'Shaun, D'Marcus, D'Andre, Dontavious, etc. These student athletes probably aren't on pater with Washington's black athletes.

Archived