Know your opponent

bigbird

1 hour ago, Baysman said:

Coach Pete has the 2nd highest WP% in CFB for coaches with a minimum of 100 games . He took over a program in disarray—throw out the first two rebuilding years at UW.

nk

Coach Name

School

Conf.

Compensation

Yrs.

W

L

T

Win %

Yrs.

W

L

T

Win %

W

L

W L

Chip Kelly

UCLA

Pac-12

$6,000,000

0 0

Lincoln Riley

Oklahoma

Big 12 

$4,000,000

0 0

Urban Meyer

Ohio State

Big Ten

$7,000,000

0 0

Chris Petersen

Washington

Pac 12

$5,000,000

0 0

Lance Leipold

Buffalo

MAC

$600,000

0 0

Jimbo Fisher Texas A&M 53 SEC $7,500,000 9 83 23 0 .783 1 0 0 0 .000 0 0 0 0

Nick Saban

Alabama

SEC

$12,000,000

0 0

Joe Moglia

Coastal Carolina

Sun Belt

$750,000

0 0

Dabo Swinney Clemson 49 ACC $8,500,000 11 101 30 0 .771 11 101 29 0 .771 12 2 0 0

Why use his record in  G5 teams to highlight your coach.  Why not use what he has done at your school.  .685.   Gus in a much more difficult conference and division is at .672.  

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, bigbird said:

UW had the 46th ranked rush offense last year(180.8) down from the previous year of 43. Auburn faced UGA(9), UAt(10), Miss St (12), LSU(28), Clemson(34),  and Missouri (38). All had better rushing offenses than UW. We held those teams to 3.7 ypc. and 139 ypg.  

Passing wise, UW ranked 70th last year in YPG and 79th in YPCompletion  Missouri ranked 20th in YPG and 8th YPCompletion.

Missouri seems to have had a better offense than UW last year. 

Last year we beat Missouri 51-14

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/rushing-yards-per-game

Glad you posted these stats..I was thinking in my head, if we can’t stop Washington’s running game then we will be in for a long year once conference play comes around.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Do I get something for having my picture on the OP?

I got quoted. They love us.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

I got quoted. They love us.

giphy.gif

I somehow got pulled into getting quoted as well.  I don't really understand that one.  I was actually being nice and trying to be helpful.

Just now, abw0004 said:

I somehow got pulled into getting quoted as well.  I don't really understand that one.  I was actually being nice and trying to be helpful.

That’s what you get for being nice!

Just so I'm clear - the post in question came from a member of a website whose schtick is to go to other websites where people talk about things, pretend to be talking in earnest about that thing, and laugh amongst each other when the members of the other website actually... just... respond to their post (regardless of whether the responses are rude, nice, respectful, aggressive, or otherwise.) ?

I guess I'm officially too old to know what's funny.

4 minutes ago, looney said:

No, no you're not.

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s what you get for being nice!

True, but I would do the same again if I could do it all over again.  Have to stick to the high road and let my team do the talking on Saturday.  I treat the UGA fans here where I live the same way.

I will say how appreciative I am of the mods on here creating such a well run forum.  Not only holding users accountable, but the forum itself.  Looking at their forum is like comparing a 1999 Windows Program to a 2018 Windows program.  I thought the same thing when we went through the motions last year with Clemson and their forum talking to ours.  This is why I don't mind them taking screenshots and sharing it to their forum because it just showcases how ours is more advanced and "cleaner."

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Trolls don't discriminate.

8 minutes ago, looney said:

This may or may not be true, but let me put you at ease. They're not funny. 

15 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It wasn't your niceness; it was your 'earnestness'.

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

True, but I would do the same again if I could do it all over again.  Have to stick to the high road and let my team do the talking on Saturday.  I treat the UGA fans here where I live the same way.

I will say how appreciative I am of the mods on here creating such a well run forum.  Not only holding users accountable, but the forum itself.  Looking at their forum is like comparing a 1999 Windows Program to a 2018 Windows program.  I thought the same thing when we went through the motions last year with Clemson and their forum talking to ours.  This is why I don't mind them taking screenshots and sharing it to their forum because it just showcases how ours is more advanced and "cleaner."

It’s not that serious. It’s not like we threatened the guys life. Questioned is opinion because it was bizarre and rightfully so.

13 minutes ago, looney said:

Just so I'm clear - the post in question came from a member of a website whose schtick is to go to other websites where people talk about things, pretend to be talking in earnest about that thing, and laugh amongst each other when the members of the other website actually... just... respond to their post (regardless of whether the responses are rude, nice, respectful, aggressive, or otherwise.) ?

You must have already finished middle school.

Sorry about Pettis. Meant to say he was the only experienced receiver we had last year. We lost him and TE Will Dissly to the draft. I like our receiving core a lot better this year.

Ty Jones. Fr. Marquis Spiker. Jordan Chin hasn’t played much but he’s a burner. Lots of speed. Aaron Fuller and Quinton Pounds have another year of experience under their belt. Jones will probably be Browning’s #1 target.

1 minute ago, Baysman said:

Sorry about Pettis. Meant to say he was the only experienced receiver we had last year. We lost him and TE Will Dissly to the draft. I like our receiving core a lot better this year.

Ty Jones. Fr. Marquis Spiker. Jordan Chin hasn’t played much but he’s a burner. Lots of speed. Aaron Fuller and Quinton Pounds have another year of experience under their belt. Jones will probably be Browning’s #1 target.

Appreciate the earnest posts, bro! What about Steve Emtman? Is he gonna be ready to go? I hear he's a beast. Pretty worried about him TBQH.

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Appreciate the earnest posts, bro! What about Steve Emtman? Is he gonna be ready to go? I hear he's a beast. Pretty worried about him TBQH.

So earnest. 

18 hours ago, AURex said:

Know your opponent the OP says. Okay, I watched the entire games on YouTube of Udub vs all 2017 opponents. Here are my observations:

1. The Udub defense is overrated. IMO, it's not as good as Bama, UGA, LSU or even MIss State. They built their stats playing weak opponents (as the PAC12 performance in bowl season verifies). Stanford (3 losses going into the Udub game), Utah (4 losses), and Penn State all demonstrated that it is possible to run the ball and exploit the secondary. (I'm really, really glad we aren't playing Penn State. Barkley got the press, but McSorely is also a nightmare.)

2. The top receiver and Vita Vea and the two top LBs are gone. They are stout up the middle, but not so much off the edge. But it takes patience and grind to run on them.

3. If you get pressure on Browning, his completion percentage drops. Yes, he can run around. But a defender in his face, esp in the pocket, he gets shook. Of course, that was last year.

4. The two RBs, Gaskins and Coleman, are genuine stars. If you cannot contain them, they will eat you alive and open up the passing game. Browning is a 4th year starter and mobile enough to buy time, but not much of a threat to run.

5. Their star kick/punt returner is gone. Their FG kicker sux. (I hope he has not been replaced!)

After watching the Washington games from last year, I think Auburn can compete with this team. Unfortunately, CGM is not good early in the season and Auburn is not good in that stadium. We gotta knock off points for that.

Toss up.

Coleman has graduated. Another to worry about though is Salvon Ahmed...Speedster 

Hopefully this hasn't been posted already. Washingtons top ten things to know about Auburn.

1. They think they have the best defensive line in the country.

2. Washington may not have the best quarterback on the field.

3. Kerryon Johnson is gone, but does it matter?

4. Auburn has issues on the offensive line.

5. Washington isn’t the only team with kicker questions.

6. Deshaun Davis is Auburn’s defensive leader.

7. Questions abound in Auburn’s secondary.

8. Ryan Davis might be a problem.

9. The wildcat is alive (and well?) in Auburn’s offensive playbook.

10. History is not on Auburn’s side.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/ten-things-for-washington-fans-to-know-about-no-9-auburn/

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Thanks for the heads up selias. Quick catch. I take back the “like” on being nice.  

I agree.  I don't like being nice either. :boxing:

3 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Washingtons top ten things to know about Auburn.

1. They think they have the best defensive line in the country.

2. Washington may not have the best quarterback on the field.

3. Kerryon Johnson is gone, but does it matter?

4. Auburn has issues on the offensive line.

Image result for slow nod gif

5. Washington isn’t the only team with kicker questions.

6. Deshaun Davis is Auburn’s defensive leader.

Image result for shrug gif

7. Questions abound in Auburn’s secondary.

Image result for not so sure gif

8. Ryan Davis might be a problem.

9. The wildcat is alive (and well?) in Auburn’s offensive playbook.

10. History is not on Auburn’s side.

Image result for slow nod gif

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:
1 hour ago, looney said:

This may or may not be true, but let me put you at ease. They're not funny. 

There ya go.

Poster A: Hey guys, I pretended to be a real person with a real opinion and they responded like real people.  HaHa, what dummies.

Poster B: Yeah, can you believe that they actually are willing to TALK FOOTBALL on that board instead of just cuss and call each other offensive names down there?  Stupid Southerners...

However, there were a few that seemed impressed with our football knowledge FWIW.

Archived