2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

The original is my favorite one! Everyone loves Christmas Vacation and for good reason but the First one will always be my favorite!!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels that way. I laughed harder at that original Vacation more than any other movie I can remember.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CR said:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels that way. I laughed harder at that original Vacation more than any other movie I can remember.

MUHHHHHHH DUDE!!! HECK YAH!!! That is what I am talking about! It is easily one of my all time favorites along with Smokey and the Bandit and others. WOOO!!!! LETS GOO CR!!! hahaha

1 hour ago, toddc said:

This is what I’m referencing.

I understand & I'm saying we have seen glowing reviews like that on JB many times before whether they signed with AU or not therefore I wouldn't get hyped about seeing it again. @McLoofus pointed it out to us many times.

1 hour ago, CR said:

Add me to the list. Was my favorite too. Of course I could be biased as young E going through puberty was enamored by Christy Brinkley in a red Ferrari & later in the pool.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I understand & I'm saying we have seen glowing reviews like that on JB many times before whether they signed with AU or not therefore I wouldn't get hyped about seeing it again. @McLoofus pointed it out to us many times.

Sorry but I’m getting excited anyway! 

Auburn moves to No. 1 on favorites list for offensive tackle

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Nice to see Adam Cole stop by.

BOOM!💪🏼

17 minutes ago, toddc said:

Sorry but I’m getting excited anyway!

I meant for JB. Hell yes get excited for AU if we land these big uglies.

9 hours ago, toddc said:

JBGs continues to buck the narrative that he can’t recruit or that he’s not relatable. He just needs to land the plane on some more of these guys.

It's been less than two weeks ago when I said that when Grimes lands some players, the first thing we'd hear is that he got help from other coaches. "Don't recruit OL? It's Grimes's fault. Land some OL? Only because Grimes got help." So very predictable.

If every coach we have on staff isn't getting help from the rest of them and giving help in return, those not helping should be fired. Recruiting is a team effort. Getting a solid prospect is to everyone's credit, losing one is everyone's loss.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Don't bring me back into that. Some of us think it's pretty cool when players say how much they like JB, and some of y'all get pissy about us saying so. Nothing new here. 

We need immediate help and depth from guys like this, so this is good. We knew we needed immediate help/depth from guys like this, so this is good. Still need some studs out of high school for the future. Fingers crossed. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Don't bring me back into that. Some of us think it's pretty cool when players say how much they like JB, and some of y'all get pissy about us saying so. Nothing new here.

Lighten up Loof. It was a joke since you pointed it out a lot.  Thought you would have seen the humor in my post.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Lighten up Loof. It was a joke since you pointed it out a lot.  Thought you would have seen the humor in my post.

Glad the effort was there. Execution was lacking. 

42 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Glad the effort was there. Execution was lacking.  

Story of my life. lol

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Tate Johnson?

Decent offer list on that kid. Looking forward to some film analysis from our folks who are knowledgeable about such things. 

So far we have a solid O-Line Class. 1 Juco OT, 1 Freshman OT, I freshman OG. If we pick this kid up we will have the #1 and #2 Juco OT and we are looking good for another Freshman OG.  This could turn into a great O-Line class. The issue is we had our backs against the wall before we finally started recruiting O-line like we should have been doing all along. Assuming we finish strong then I will believe we have turned the corner if we have a solid class next year also. We really need at least 2 OT and 2 interior (Guard, center) O-Line  every year.

19 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If we pick this kid up we will have the #1 and #2 Juco OT

Which kid are you referring to? Also FWIW Buskey is now the #4 juco OT. He's the only juco we have committed ATM.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Which kid are you referring to? Also FWIW Buskey is now the #4 juco OT. He's the only juco we have committed ATM.

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nathan King as #1 for some reason I thought Buskey was #2 Juco OT.  That plus looking really good with Tate Johnson. We get King and Johnson that would give us 2 Juco OT , 1 Freshman OT, and 2 Freshman OG.

17 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Nathan King as #1 for some reason I thought Buskey was #2 Juco OT.

Who's Nathan King? The #1 juco OT is Kilian Zierer. He is a target & has OVed AU but UCLa is likely trending for him.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Who's Nathan King? .

He replaced Wolk. Write for the Plainsman or something prior.

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He replaced Wolk. Write for the Plainsman or something prior.

Right but he's not a juco OT which is the way ANT's post reads to me.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Right but he's not a juco OT which is the way ANT's post reads to me.

I knew it didn’t mean make sense also. Doubt he’s talking about any one else.

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Who's Nathan King? The #1 juco OT is Kilian Zierer. He is a target & has OVed AU but UCLa is likely trending for him.

I am having a bad day. Trying to work and reply. Natham King was the writer Brenden Coffey was the Juco OT in the article. He was not #1 Juco he said Auburn was currently his number #1. Sorry like I said I am having a bad day. 

22 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

So this guy is #4 Dual Threat QB?

Not sure if it's ever been discussed here, but does anyone know what criteria the major recruiting services use to classify QB's as "dual threat" vs. "pro style"?  Dual threat to me is Tebow, Cam, Marshal, Watson, Jackson, and not Stidham or Nix even though they are classified as DT.  Do they need to go ahead and make that 3rd grouping of Rodgers/Mayfield types who are very mobile and extend plays, but aren't going to be running the ball significant reps?

Archived