2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

Just now, ellitor said:

FWIW Keith says Pritchett can play at CB or Safety.

Can and should are totally different. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Can you say that louder so Golf can hear you?

Hearing and listening are totally different. 

Was just looking at the 247 Team Rankings. With the addition of T.S, it puts our player average at 90.5. That would put us around 11th in the rankings based off Average player rankings.Was just looking at the 247 Team Rankings. If I remember correctly last years class finished ranked around 11 or 12 but player average ranking would have put us around 7-8. It was 91.16 last year and is currently 90.5 this year. Got to think if we land a few more of our heavy favorites that we are targeting we should shoot up to top ten. @ellitor or 9-10 wins hehe

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Was just looking at the 247 Team Rankings. With the addition of T.S, it puts our player average at 90.5. That would put us around 11th in the rankings based off Average player rankings.Was just looking at the 247 Team Rankings. With the addition of T.S, it puts our player average at 90.5. That would put us around 11th in the rankings based off Average player rankings.

5d046a7d91d35665964109.gif

player average ranking would have put us around 7-8.

6th.

we should shoot up to top ten. 

We probably need 9 wins minimum, 10 more likely.

58 minutes ago, ellitor said:

5d046a7d91d35665964109.gif

6th.

We probably need 9 wins minimum, 10 more likely.

LMAO.....I didn't get the gif until I read my post again. I am not sure how but that may be my finest work yet lol. 

9 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

LMAO.....I didn't get the gif until I read my post again. I am not sure how but that may be my finest work yet lol. 

Lets hope so

Ellitor's OP has not been updated since the last 3 commitments, but at present the 247 Composite hasn't moved much even counting those guys. Auburn usually makes a late run for  a few good signees, but it's hard to see AU cracking the top 10 this year. And our major rivals (Bama, UGA, LSU) are raking in the talent again this year.

That would not bother me so much if I had confidence that our coaching staff could coach up our recruits. On defense, I do. But on offense, I don't have that confidence.

On 6/15/2019 at 9:10 AM, augolf1716 said:

Lets hope so

I'm telling ya. As to what @AURex posted....I was looking at that....we have moved I think 8 spots with the last 3 commitments. That's not bad. I thought it gave us a nice jump. I think if we land on 1/2 of our main remaining targets we will hit top 10. Clemson and Bama are getting close to being full. Most of the teams with the exception of aTm, OSU, and OU have more commits than we do. We only have 11. Our Average player ranking is better than 5 of the teams ahead of us and we are right on the heels of a few more. I think we end up top 10 but even if we don't, I care more about the players we get and how they fit our needs/scheme than i do the rankings. Take last years class, we finished 12th in Composite....but I think that was one of the Best classes of CGM's tenure with exception of OL and we seem to be addressing that need better this year. I'm ok with where we are and I think we are going to end up with a jam up class....if we want Clemson/Bama type classes, We are going to have to do more on the field. 

1 hour ago, AURex said:

but it's hard to see AU cracking the top 10 this year

Not if we get 10 or more wins. 

34 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Clemson and Bama are getting close to being full

Bama is close. Clemson is not.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not if we get 10 or more wins. 

Bama is close. Clemson is not.

True....Clemson is putting an All World Class together.....I mean it's damn right scary. I stick with what I said though. I like who we have so far and I like the direction our class is headed. I agree.....if we have a good season we will easily hit top 10.

6 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

we have moved I think 8 spots with the last 3 commitments

At the time we moved up 14 spots.

Composite, Auburn is currently 9th in the SEC in recruiting. No 5* on the commit list, the only 5* on the target list is a TE which we know gets used like NEVER in the Auburn offense. No way Auburn climbs into the top 10 this year.

That would maybe be kinda okay if Auburn was to sign like eight 4* offensive linemen, because Gus told us we were going to have a HUGE OL recruiting class.

Waiting ........

53 minutes ago, AURex said:

No way Auburn climbs into the top 10 this year.

As I told you a few days ago when you posted something similar @AURex yes there is if we get to 10 wins or more.

56 minutes ago, AURex said:

Composite, Auburn is currently 9th in the SEC in recruiting

We also have a low number of commits right now which has the total score lower than a good number of other teams. Average rating per recruit matters more & we are 11th in that important stat.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

No 5* on the commit list,

True but there are 2 major targets AU is heavy in the mix for that can become a 5* in Tank Bigsby & Phillip Webb.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

That would maybe be kinda okay if Auburn was to sign like eight 4* offensive linemen, because Gus told us we were going to have a HUGE OL recruiting class.

It won't get to 8. Was never the plan. It will be 6-7 & most have a solid chance to end up as 4*s.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

As I told you a few days ago when you posted something similar @AURex yes there is if we get to 10 wins or more.

We also have a low number of commits right now which has the total score lower than a good number of other teams. Average rating per recruit matters more & we are 11th in that important stat.

True but there are 2 major targets AU is heavy in the mix for that can become a 5* in Tank Bigsby & Phillip Webb.

It won't get to 8. Was never the plan. It will be 6-7 & most have a solid chance to end up as 4*s.

6 or 7? That'll mean we have 42 OL on the roster for 5 spots. That's 8+ per position. No way we need that many in this class.

image.JPG

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

6 or 7? That'll mean we have 42 OL on the roster for 5 spots. That's 8+ per position. No way we need that many in this class.

image.JPG

animated-gifs-wolves-97.gif

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Dangit I just used my last reaction on Bird's

No worries. I already deleted my post. I didn't realize your post was a linked Gif. I deleted mine & embedded yours.

53 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

animated-gifs-wolves-97.gif

@GwillMac6 has a better gif for the pack. The only problem with his is that it's all howlers and no whiners. If he could add several whiners to the howlers he'd have it nailed.

Archived