LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

TAYLORKEETON

Just now, Ghostrider75 said:

"Congrats to the refs on ruining our season"

Yeah, blame the refs.....wont be the last game y'all lose if that's how you hope to win....Your QB suked....2 ints....HAHA....the real tigers won..GEAUX LSU

Go **** yourself.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

I thought the first one may have been fair. The second, both were handsy and we had turned back for the ball. 

There was a lot of 50-50 crap that was being called. Could go either way. My only issue is just be consistent . If you are going to call those my goodness call the blatant ones. At that point I would be fine with get an unsportsmanlike conduct from the coaches just to be in their ears about it.

Holding calls killed 2 or 3 drives.

2 ints hurt, especiall #1

Our qb was really off on a lot of his throws, i counted at least 6

LSU'S defense line dominated our oline most of the game

Our dline got smacked by their oline

LSU gets the credit. They wanted it more

This team just is not a top team and we were pretty blatantly exposed.

Defense:

Our front 4 on defense is top tier and were just held constantly today. Our LBs are quite good. Our DBs however are just plain not good at all, especially that one (not going to mention his name because he already gets burned enough game after game). We're going to get destroyed on the outside all year. Though it seems crazy that they aren't getting more safety support. These guys CANNOT work on an island. Even remotely.

Offense:

Our OL was my concern going into this year and yup! They're at best, serviceable. WAAAY too many mistakes, and were getting whooped on pass plays. Stidham was off today. i'm not sure why he felt like he needed to win the game himself. Took way too many chances throwing into coverage.

Coaching:

They did their best at throwing this game away and in the end gripped defeat from the hands of victory. I'm not sure what our offensive coaches were thinking. We are just not jelling at all.

3 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Also is Brahms ready? We need to try someone else Kim is gettin manhandled up front. 

Not just manhandled, manhandled by a safety.

Just now, AUwent said:

Alright. So if Gus needs to go (I think this game just confirms he's an 8-4 coach), who should we go after? If you look at the first three weeks of this season (Frost, Taggart, Mullen, and even though it's his second year, Herman), a lot of new coaches who were supposed to bring success have thus far fallen flat.

We don't have to worry about that any time soon because we stupidly extended his contract. We have Gus for at least 2 more years b/c of that. Exactly why i was against him getting an extension. Unless we go 5-7....Gus isn't going anywhere anytime soon. 

We lost on a last second field goal to a very talented team that finally got a gamer at QB. LSU is going to win a lot of games this year.

Big scheme of things, this isn't going to hurt us much on the national scene. I doubt we fall very far in the polls. I'd sure rather have won that one. But it is really hard to win them all.

War Eagle!

Gus is frustrating, no doubt. Feels like we’re usually solid, but never win when it matters most.

Tough game today. Some rough performances on the O-line, who continue to look overmatched. Stidham played OK, but those two picks hurt us badly. Can’t turn the ball over in SEC play and expect to win the game.

Having said that, we should have won this game. I am not one who believes in blaming the refs for a loss, but they continuously called a very one-sided game.  Feel like this one was taken from us.

Couple of bright spots: Gus realizes what he has in his RBs and is giving Shivers carries. Young wideouts continue look great.

War damn, everyone.

This week since we are playing garbage Arkansas, we really need to work on just hitting and getting physical on the line. Got to get a lot more physical. Guys are trying their hardest I am sure but they got to get nasty 

I expect a player or 2 to be replaced on the line and maybe secondary and the team to get better, but there will be no repeat of last years winning streak to make it to Atlanta. This disaster is not as bad as last years LSU game, but probably will eliminate any chance for a great season. Out coached and outplayed today.

22 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

LSU O LINE> AUBURN OLINE

Almost every game is won at the LOS. Props to LSU.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

There was a lot of 50-50 crap that was being called. Could go either way. My only issue is just be consistent . If you are going to call those my goodness call the blatant ones. At that point I would be fine with get an unsportsmanlike conduct from the coaches just to be in their ears about it.

I know I'm sounding like a Gus lover tonight, which I haven't been since mid 2014, but if he lost his mind and tore into a ref enough to get a penalty tonight, I'd wear a Gus Bus shirt to the next game. 

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

We don't have to worry about that any time soon because we stupidly extended his contract. We have Gus for at least 2 more years b/c of that. Exactly why i was against him getting an extension. Unless we go 5-7....Gus isn't going anywhere anytime soon. 

Yep we aint giving him $32M

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

I know I'm sounding like a Gus lover tonight, which I haven't been since mid 2014, but if he lost his mind and tore into a ref enough to get a penalty tonight, I'd wear a Gus Bus shirt to the next game. 

Pull a Will Muschamp 

3 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Gus passed on a pretty easy field goal. I figured that we would lose on a FG.

Bear Bryant always took the points. He was a pretty good coach. Might want to follow his lead.

6 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

oh well, i'm 64 years old, and will be 70 if i live to the end of mr. wizards contract...i would like to live long enough to see him fired....i'm not going to bitch about him because it will do no good....how long til basketball?

Look at the bright side....its not like we paid the guy $50m or anything stupid like that

This game was an EPIC fail. I don't know what was worse Mr "Heisman's" 2 interceptions, the stupid 4th qtr holding penalties, not kicking the FG early, the botched FG attempt. I am probably missing several other lowlites… I see us going 7-5 and the Liberty Bowl

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Almost every game is won at the LOS. Props to LSU.

Yep. Better team won. There lines looked well coached. Disciplined. Refs or not. 

19 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

8-4 coach. People can blame the refs all they want to. Bottom line is we blew an 11 point lead and if we would've continued to be aggressive on offense it doesn't come down to the refs. It's classic Gus. Get a lead and leave it in the hands of the defense to close it out the rest of the way. 

Who called the plays? Was it Gus M. or the OC? Just curious!

Archived