LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

TAYLORKEETON

1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

Ok so now that I’ve sat down and calmed down I understand we lost and we should have absolutely won. I think the Miss St will tell us a lot about how we will bounce back. thUGa and the Turds games will be a coin toss I think I could see us winning and losing. We have the talent and ability. It comes down to execution. I think I see us 10-2 with a chance at a New Years 6 game. Don’t think the playoffs are on our future unless we get the offense clicking and fix the o line. Defense will keep us in games like today. Stidham needs to come back he is not NFL ready. 

Auburn will not beat UGA or UA. UA would beat us at home and we aren’t going to Athens and winning. Not trying to be negative but realistic. It ain’t happening. 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Did you watch the Alabama and Georgia games last year? Get a grip.

Did you watch the SEC championship game and the bowl game vs UCF? I bet Memphis is asking themselves how did we lose to Gus in a bowl game? 

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

Guess I'll go watch a team who really knows how to win all sides of the ball.

The difference is night and day. Hard to admit, but true..

2 minutes ago, cammycam2 said:

I think the best outcome we can hope for is win one big game and maybe someone will hire gus away and we can try again. This dude is never going to lead us to an undefeated dream season and likely wont ever lead us to the playoffs. Close counts for nothing

We had that situation at the end of last year before extending him. What school is going to pay him the type of money he's making. Gus is a top 10 or 11 paid college football coach. What school is going to give him that type of money? 

6 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Agree. Just saying i think he'll be more successful in the NFL versus college if given the chance. But i agree with you. He has happy feet and his vision isn't good when he's out of the pocket. 

Pocket awareness....a big issue and seems to have trouble finding alternate receivers.   He kinda has a preferred receiver in mind and that is where he throws it.    We have no idea how much he exercised his option to change the play at the line but did not look as if he made many adjustments to deal with the LSU pressure. 

4 minutes ago, shabby said:

I'm glad we have two games which should be pretty easy to win. I think we found our running game. I wish we would have stuck with it more. I think we would have won. That said all the pieces are there for the offense. it bites to lose this game. we will see what this team becomes over the next few weeks. 

I disagree about the offense the OLine is as bad as advertised.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

UGA and Alabama are hardly coin flips at the moment. Not if our line play doesn’t get better. 

Yeah, coin flip is about the only thing we have a chance to win in those two games as it stands right now.

46 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

look, ya'll holler "refs" all you want, but if the 7 million dollar man kicks a gimmer FG to make it 7-3, we win...malzahn is a typical 4-5 loss coach....lay this loss right at his feet, or better, right up his butt

Got to be a bammer. No one else is this stupid. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Pocket awareness....a big issue and seems to have trouble finding alternate receivers.   He kinda has a preferred receiver in mind and that is where he throws it.    We have no idea how much he exercised his option to change the play at the line but did not look as if he made many adjustments to deal with the LSU pressure. 

Out of likes. But agree 100%. He missed Sal being wide open when he was running out of the pocket. Not to be too tough on JS b/c i think he's a good QB but that's why i wasn't saying our WRs were all to blame b/c JS clearly misses open WRs. 

Two observations:

1. When your only pass defense is pass interference, your opponent will consistently move the ball by passing.

2. When your offensive line sux, your offense will struggle.

2 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

I’m not saying they didn’t affect the game at all. Sure they did, but we had other chances to get off the field and didn’t. We also didn’t force a TO and had 2. Should’ve been 3. 

We’re 3 games into the season and look exactly like I believed we would. Weak up front on Offense and weak on the back end on defense. We REALLY miss Jeff Holland. 

God Grief.  So did LSU. You're acting like LSU put a beatdown on AU. That was simply not the case. All AU needed was the opportunity to finish a pretty good drive. That was taken away, and LSU was given those extra opportunities . That'a all they needed.  All I wanted to see was a game that was FAIRLY called. Then the outcome is actually decided by the kids on the field. Yes there were turnovers but Auburn had overcome them, and there are days when even great teams don't have a perfect game. But a team can still win even on those off days if the refs don't have an agenda. This was not an evenly called game by any stretch of the imagination. I am troubled by it.

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

We had that situation at the end of last year before extending him. What school is going to pay him the type of money he's making. Gus is a top 10 or 11 paid college football coach. What school is going to give him that type of money? 

Don't know. Where's Jacob's working now?

31 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Gus passed on a pretty easy field goal. I figured that we would lose on a FG.

Will all due respect, the points were never on the board.   

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yeah, coin flip is about the only thing we have a chance to win in those two games as it stands right now.

They'll be a coin toss alright. Heads they win, tails we lose. ?

2 minutes ago, jenn4AU said:

Knock yourself out......no here gives a.....

That’s why Gus got 49 million because no one cares if he loses games that he should win. Maybe if we cared we would find a decent coach.

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Ugh...... a team that wants to be in the top 10 or 11?

I’m just so sick of losing to LSU teams we’re multiple touchdowns better than in terms of talent.

Even if we turn it around these losses sting like hell. Losing to Washington would have been whatever but it’s personal with LSU.

I absolutely cannot fathom why we gave Gus a 7 year deal... trapped ourselves with him for better or worse. Our only hope would be him breaching his contract in some way.

If he came into the media room pissed the **** off he’d earn 1,000 respect points but he’ll give the same old same old response.

Yes we can still win the SEC but these losses have lasting impacts.

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

Will all due respect, the points were never on the board.   

What does that mean please explain

2 minutes ago, AURex said:

Two observations:

1. When your only pass defense is pass interference, your opponent will consistently move the ball by passing.

2. When your offensive line sux, your offense will struggle.

They had success on the ground and we decided we wanted to up JS stats

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Don't know. Where's Jacob's working now?

He's at Florida i think. He may be one and done there. 

3 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Did you watch the SEC championship game and the bowl game vs UCF? I bet Memphis is asking themselves how did we lose to Gus in a bowl game? 

I did! We were beating Georgia handily until Stidham fumbled it while we were about to make another touchdown in the fourth quarter.. It was all downhill after that. If you want to root for a team that always wins, then root for Alabama. Oh, that's right! Alabama loses some games. Guess you are out of luck! . 

Archived