LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

TAYLORKEETON

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUbritt said:

We lost on a last second field goal to a very talented team that finally got a gamer at QB. LSU is going to win a lot of games this year.

Big scheme of things, this isn't going to hurt us much on the national scene. I doubt we fall very far in the polls. I'd sure rather have won that one. But it is really hard to win them all.

War Eagle!

Yeah, he's a real gamer. What was he, 15 for 34? Not very good, and not hard to do when you have all day to throw the ball. 

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus is what he is. He is a middle of the pack SEC coach with a top of the line salary. 

The grimes hire is just robbing AU of money. It was criminal. 

Grimes doesn’t have loads of talent at his disposal.   The one 5* can’t find the field. 

6 minutes ago, Ghostrider75 said:

"Congrats to the refs on ruining our season"

Yeah, blame the refs.....wont be the last game y'all lose if that's how you hope to win....Your QB suked....2 ints....HAHA....the real tigers won..GEAUX LSU

If you don’t think the refs helped LSU, you are one clueless, blind individual 

Just now, jptiger said:

Yep. Better team won. There lines looked well coached. Disciplined. Refs or not. 

Indeed

2 minutes ago, redman443 said:

oh yeah we will beat Arkansas and ole miss and liberty. there are so many other QBs who are more talented than joe burrow. Jake fromm is and so is Tua.

hate to say it, but probably Hurts too. Jarrett might be the third best QB in state....

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Honestly we need more dogs. We don’t need no little kitty cats. We don’t need no Meoowws 

Yep. If everyone played like Deshaun Davis, we'd be fierce. Davis was all over the field today.

No. The game was handed to LSU. Did we play great? No. But as an official you cannot dictate the end of a game like that. They didn’t call it remotely evenly and they were living off the high of making those “big time calls”.

LSU was stopped at the 50 and we run out the clock. That’s how that game ends without the zebras making theirselves known. None of those were close to blatant enough. Especially considering the murder LSU was allowed to come away with.

If only once in my life I can claim that we were robbed I’m putting my one time use card on the table.

The other issues all come back to Gus. Like it or not, the buck stops with him and that’s the life of a coach. We have lost to way too many inferior LSU teams over the years.

I have almost no interest in making that drive and paying all of that money to watch another Malzahn coaches team. Tired of us going away from what works and looking utterly unprepared.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Indeed

They’re pretty solid. Good run game to go with that qb. They might give the turds a run for their money. 

Auburn should be fine till Miss State

gotta 1) make changes on Oline 2) Boobie is the man.  Feed him more.  

This is still. Run first offense.  If Auburn can’t run, Auburn can’t win under Gus.

27 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

I havent been this pissed in a while. 9-3 season it is i guess

Still going 8-4

2 minutes ago, jptiger said:

Yep. Better team won. There lines looked well coached. Disciplined. Refs or not. 

I like your mindset but I don't buy it between these two teams. LSU 6 or 7 years ago yes, but not the last 2.

Just now, jetermary said:

Who called the plays? Was it Gus M. or the OC? Just curious!

Chip calls the plays. But if you think Gus doesn't play a factor in how aggressive or none aggressive the offense is regarding different situations in the game...you're crazy. lol. They're communicating during the game. You don't think Gus says to Chip any point in the game that...Hey Chip...we need to attack the middle of the field more....Hey Chip let's pick up the pace of our offense? Gus is surveying the defense and relaying the information to Chip and thus Chip calls the plays. At any point and time Gus can say to Chip....let's continue to keep our foot on the gas. Gus even put it on him this year by telling reporters he was going to be more aggressive this year on offense and less conservative. They both went into the shell yet again.

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Alright. So if Gus needs to go (I think this game just confirms he's an 8-4 coach), who should we go after? If you look at the first three weeks of this season (Frost, Taggart, Mullen, and even though it's his second year, Herman), a lot of new coaches who were supposed to bring success have thus far fallen flat.

Go after? LOL! Who's gonna pony-up the kind of jack it will take get rid of him? We're hamstrung to him, brother. For a wiiiile.

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

I like your mindset but I don't buy it between these two teams. LSU 6 or 7 years ago yes, but not the last 2.

Both teams had serious flag issues, but LSU was definitely more physical.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That Joe guy has terrible completion percentage but I he does have some moxy. Surprised me on his runs.

A not so Average Joe today anyway. 

1 minute ago, jptiger said:

They’re pretty solid. Good run game to go with that qb. They might give the turds a run for their money. 

Coming into our stadium and taking our manhood was impressive. Hope our guys feel embarrassed and have the fortitude to do something about it. I think bama smokes them.

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Go after? LOL! Who's gonna pony-up the kind of jack it will take get rid of him? We're hamstrung to him, brother. For a wiiiile.

Kickstarter time.

Was it ever confirmed who was responsible for that buyout? At least it wasn’t Greene.

Archived