LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

TAYLORKEETON

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

I don't think you know what a gamer is. He didn't have all day to throw the ball. He also did more than throw it. He put that team on his back and is head and shoulders above anyone LSU has had at QB in quite a while.

Not going to fight with you, though. 

Burrow made the plays when he had to.    They had 3rd or 4th and more than 10 at least four times....maybe 5 and he hit his passes when it counted.  Our D had several chances to stymie them deep in their own territory and failed to stop them.    

Only good news I saw is that JS likely won't be ready for the NFL at the end of this season...but hoping he will continue to develop as the season wears on.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Baylor system does fit him but that wouldn’t get him NFL ready , which I couldn’t care less about. I just want him to be more composed during big games. What Chad Morris is running down in Arkansas actually would be best for him.

Agree. Just saying i think he'll be more successful in the NFL versus college if given the chance. But i agree with you. He has happy feet and his vision isn't good when he's out of the pocket. 

4 minutes ago, jluvah said:

The difference in '13 and now is our schedule is flipped. We play bama , uga, the Mississippi schools away. All of them plus a & m  can pass better than Lsu. We are a 5 loss team I'm afraid.

Yep I see 7-5 and nothing we can do about it but cry

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Both teams had serious flag issues, but LSU was definitely more physical.

Depends on what point of the game. They had their 10 point run early and we took over after that. Their 2nd half points were set up by penalties and no calls. It's hard to play physical when Mr official throws a flag every 4th play

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Gus has never been able to get his players up for big game. I can see Auburn losing 3 or 4 more  conference games.

Did you watch the Alabama and Georgia games last year? Get a grip.

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

Depends on what point of the game. They had their 10 point run early and we took over after that. Their 2nd half points were set up by penalties and no calls. It's hard to play physical when Mr official throws a flag every 4th play

I am talking about in the trenches. Majority of the game, they controlled the line. We started moving the ball when we could complete passes , otherwise, the running game wasn’t there.

39 minutes ago, Altima said:

we got exactly what we paid 49 million for... mediocrity. no consistency whatsoever!

big recruiting weekend, and we look like s***.

if i’m greene, malzahn’s in my office tonight... unacceptable!

typical auburn... that’s it

Please go back to coaching your kids pee wee team. I beg.

I think the best outcome we can hope for is win one big game and maybe someone will hire gus away and we can try again. This dude is never going to lead us to an undefeated dream season and likely wont ever lead us to the playoffs. Close counts for nothing

Just now, bg5 said:

Ah there it is. At this point those two wins have basically cost Auburn 24.5 million each.

I have read bits and pieces of this thread and everyone’s right.certain aspects sucked at certain points of the game. But the difference in the game was our  offensive line play ,they were terrible at all times,the only time they were good is when we caught them in the right defense. 

1 minute ago, bg5 said:

The big problem is we are the most inconsistent big talent Power 5 team in the nation. The UGA and Bama big wins last year and Washington win are not a trend!

I'm glad we have two games which should be pretty easy to win. I think we found our running game. I wish we would have stuck with it more. I think we would have won. That said all the pieces are there for the offense. it bites to lose this game. we will see what this team becomes over the next few weeks. 

Our db’s continues to get beat and we have an inept coach and offensive coordinator to come up with decent game plan and stick with it.  Shouldn’t have to pay the money that we do to give up the games that we do. 

Ok so now that I’ve sat down and calmed down I understand we lost and we should have absolutely won. I think the Miss St will tell us a lot about how we will bounce back. thUGa and the Turds games will be a coin toss I think I could see us winning and losing. We have the talent and ability. It comes down to execution. I think I see us best case 10-2 with a chance at a New Years 6 game. Don’t think the playoffs are on our future unless we get the offense clicking and fix the o line. Worst case 8-4. Defense will keep us in games like today. Stidham needs to come back he is not NFL ready. 

1. We did not lose because of the refs

2. The fact that we did not put LSU away after the double digit lead is a joke and yes CGM has to the blame for that 

3. The D kept us in this game of else LSU would have won by 2-3 scores

4.JS has regressed and is no better than last year

5.Our D gets no pressure without blitzing and today we lacked the blitz

6. We have no true buck DE and that is killing us with lack of pass rush from front 4

7. The oline besides Harrell is subpar

8. We will be lucky to not lose 4 games this year

1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

Ok so now that I’ve sat down and calmed down I understand we lost and we should have absolutely won. I think the Miss St will tell us a lot about how we will bounce back. thUGa and the Turds games will be a coin toss I think I could see us winning and losing. We have the talent and ability. It comes down to execution. I think I see us 10-2 with a chance at a New Years 6 game. Don’t think the playoffs are on our future unless we get the offense clicking and fix the o line. Defense will keep us in games like today. Stidham needs to come back he is not NFL ready. 

UGA and Alabama are hardly coin flips at the moment. Not if our line play doesn’t get better. 

1 minute ago, ChattTNTiger said:

I have read bits and pieces of this thread and everyone’s right.certain aspects sucked at certain points of the game. But the difference in the game was our  offensive line play ,they were terrible at all times,the only time they were good is when we caught them in the right defense. 

That is not true. Stidum stunk plain and. Simple. He wasn’t under duress he just could hit the broad side of a barn.

The biggest shocker: Their OL stopped our defensive front. Burrow has all day unless we blitzed. And burrow is terrible. 

Lsu did a good job of laying on the ground to stop the drives  

Stidham has a long way to go. He got happy feet again late. There were Wr open. 

Kim really struggled. 

Heartbreaking loss. 

1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

Ok so now that I’ve sat down and calmed down I understand we lost and we should have absolutely won. I think the Miss St will tell us a lot about how we will bounce back. thUGa and the Turds games will be a coin toss I think I could see us winning and losing. We have the talent and ability. It comes down to execution. I think I see us 10-2 with a chance at a New Years 6 game. Don’t think the playoffs are on our future unless we get the offense clicking and fix the o line. Defense will keep us in games like today. Stidham needs to come back he is not NFL ready. 

Georgia and Alabama will clean our clock. Pin it.

Archived