GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Tennessee

RunInRed

This is stupid. UT can just practice running on us on the first two downs knowing that they will pick up third and long EVERY time. What is going on???

Must be nice to have a QB that will stand in and throw it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is that targeting? He basically gave him a freaking bearhug! He wrapped him up! What was he supposed to do? Lean his head back so their helmets wouldn't touch?? I'm lost on this???/

LMAO unbelievable. They are just toying with us on first and second down. Typical Auburn defense. The offense gets our defense right where they want our defense which is third and long. Washington, Lsu and now Rocky Top are abusing us on third and longs.

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

so we give up a touchdown and now have a targeting call.  Sorry, that's not targeting.  He didn't drop his head and he wraps up.  That isn't a targeting penalty, IMO.

He launched himself with helmet to helmet.....on a QB. It's a nobrainer call.

Just now, doug3020 said:

Yeah they suck, but I don't blame them for this one.

Agreed but that targeting was horse s*** and they haven’t overturned anything for us this year 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Play with damn safety help since it’s obvious we can’t cover one on one deep. Geez

They have towers for wrs. Why the hell is coach Steele not seeing this ? 

Absolutely amazing. Do our coaches really not see this as a problem on defense? Do we work on this at ALL? These people look like they have regressed tremendously. They keep talking about Guarantano and all he's doing is throwing it up! I mean my gosh Auburn WTF is that? Put your hand up, look for the ball, put a safety back, NOTHING else is coming!! Why on EARTH would Tennessee change what they're doing until you STOP it???!!!

So their QB has a career high? Of course he does. Of course. And we are going to be Tennessee’s first SEC win in over a year? Of course we are. 

That was a really bad call but they still scored the touchdown, bad call or not. This is really getting sad. If I were Liberty, I'd be chomping at the bit to get to Auburn. 

Seriously if I’m Tennessee nothing but long bombs to the sideline 

Archived