Michael Vick hit with sexual lawsuit

SouthLink02

Thanks for posting the previous case Jenny.  I didn't know that there was previous precedence.

155107[/snapback]

In the interest of full disclosure, the lady that filed that suit did not win - the guy that gave her the STD was her Navy recruiter, so for whatever reason, she sued the US Government. (???? Probably THAT one was $$$) The court determined that her case could not move forward, since battery is an intentional act, and the US Government cannot be held liable for the intentional act of an individual.

There have actually been a lot of other suits filed - Google search turned up a lot - one was a woman who sued her husband for lying to her - she specifically asked before they slept together if he was clean, he said yes, they got married, one day she finds the bottle of Valtrex wrapped up in a sock hidden in his drawer, she gets tested, she is infected, she divorces him and sues for negligence. It settled out of court, I think. There are also lots of cases about HIV infection - those are mostly criminal. But if I were the victim in the Vick case, I would go for the same "non-consent=battery" tactic and see if that won't stick. Again, makes sense to me.

What if you DO question someone and they lie to you about their sexual history? What would you have to do these days to get 100% proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone was clean? Blood tests don't show herpes. Doctor reports can be faked. Even abstaining until marriage won't protect you - at some point, the protection has to go away or there will be no children - so what "public policy" do you "fault the victim" people want?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[

Has anyone PROVEN he knew he had herpes when they had sex? If so, he's in big trouble. If it cannot be PROVEN, then it just smells like gold-digging to me. We shall see.

"Damnit, I've got herpes. But, Michael Vick gave it to me." $$$$$!!!!

Thanks for posting the previous case Jenny. I didn't know that there was previous precedence.

155107[/snapback]

He knew he had it. That's why he was using the Ron Mexico alias at the clinics and stuff.

This stuff has been going around for eons. With all the education given today about aids and STDs, it is stupid for anybody to trust anybody else. She trusted him and got burned. The number of times that that has happened to male and female partners is astounding. But now that one of the parties has signed a big paycheck, its worth it. When did this happen? When did she file?

And before I get bashed, my wife made me go to the doctor and get all kinds of tests including aids before she would even entertain having sex with me. So we all must take responsiblity for our own actions. Unfortunately, she can't just abort this problem........

Vick should offer to help with the medical bills, but she doesn't deserve a mansion out of it.

Hell hath no fury as that of a woman scorned...................

There are people every day having to live with the consequences of the decisions they made in the past. And there ain't no Vick to sue for it.

And yes ole drippy dick has to live with this too. If she had given it to him, we would have all said he should have kept it in his pants. Nobody pried her legs open. Its a sad case indeed. But it's only unique in that one is worth millions......

CCT...really summed it up for me. How many people are out there awarding MEN damages for getting STDs from pros...or anyone else they might sleep with?

Why is ALL the responsibility on the one who has the disease? Lack of disclosure equates non consent and subsequent battery? Give me a break. If he didnt tell her, but knew he had it, it makes him a loser. But that is it. It doesnt mean she gets a 7 figure deal out of it. Because then you set a precedent where people will TRY to contract stds from shady people. You can't say its unfair to make some random sketchy person have to pay millions simply because they dont have it and vick does. And if lack of disclosure justifies non consent label...I propose this:

Every woman who has EVER gotten pregnant (unplanned) by a superstar should be sued for rape/battery. Because I'm sure those woment failed to DISCLOSE the fact that they were not on birth control. Hell im sure many of them LIED and said they were. Oh I forgot...only MEN say what they want you to hear to get you in bed...women dont do that ever.

America has become a society that REWARDS people who fail to excercise BASIC personal responsibility/accountability. You too fat? Its McDonald's fault. Drop hot coffee on your lap? Not your fault..mcDs. You're an idiot who had unprotected sex with someone you didnt know...and got a disease? Well...as long as you screwed a millionaire, you get paid! Its not your fault. It's his. You're not responsible for saying yes to unprotected sex....unless its with someone who isnt wealthy.

And before I get bashed, my wife made me go to the doctor and get all kinds of tests including aids before she would even entertain having sex with me.

I heard that she knew you hadn't been with anyone else, but that she was just trying to put it off as long as she could. :D

So if she gets awarded...say 5 million...do you think its okay for MV to sue the person who gave it to him and be awarded 5 million?

Its only fair. Oh wait, he's a guy...and the person who gave it to him was probably not as wealthy...so they shouldnt be held equally as accountable.

So if she gets awarded...say 5 million...do you think its okay for MV to sue the person who gave it to him and be awarded 5 million?

Its only fair. Oh wait, he's a guy...and the person who gave it to him was probably not as wealthy...so they shouldnt be held equally as accountable.

155414[/snapback]

You're missing the principle here. If the person knows and doesn't disclose, they are liable, civilly, and I think they should be criminally as well.

And before I get bashed, my wife made me go to the doctor and get all kinds of tests including aids before she would even entertain having sex with me.

I heard that she knew you hadn't been with anyone else, but that she was just trying to put it off as long as she could. :D

155411[/snapback]

Sorry, CCT, that was funny!!!

You're missing the principle here. If the person knows and doesn't disclose, they are liable, civilly, and I think they should be criminally as well.

That's exactly my point. Jenny, LE, and others are so quick to judge all of us who dont take this womans side...but no one is crying for Vick. No one is saying that he has been wronged JUST AS BAD (assuming there was no disclosure when he had sex with whomever gave him the disease). And part of it is because Vick is a man. Another part because of his celebrity status.

"Vick is a loser...vick should be criminally charged for what he did." All the while working from the premise that he got it from walking through some magical herpes fog or something.

Because then you set a precedent where people will TRY to contract stds from shady people.

155410[/snapback]

I think that is a stretch BG. How many people do you really think will go out and TRY to get a disease that they can't get rid of?

155414[/snapback]

I agree with you here, if he owes her, then whom ever gave it to him sholud have to pay also, that is IF it was something other than a one night stand and they knowingly withheld the fact they had Herpes.

Personally, I don't think she deserves just a big wad of cash. I do think he should have to pay her medical bills related to the disease though. I also agree that he should do jail time. What he did was the same as intentionally infecting her.

155411[/snapback]

Sorry, CCT, that was funny!!!

155419[/snapback]

This could be true. I know for a fact that she was visually skaird! :blink:

Archived