Michael Vick hit with sexual lawsuit

SouthLink02

Note that the "Ron Mexico" name was only used in connection with his STD testing....so that the results wouldn't be linked to Mike Vick.

She knew who he was and now she wants $$.

I don't think this case has legs.

154324[/snapback]

No matter where the Ron Mexico alias came from it's still funny and lame like I said it sounds like an alias. Hey Wes how have you been?

154328[/snapback]

Oh, I agree: it's funny and lame. It just seemed that some posters were thinking that Mike used the alias on the woman.

Been good. How are you? How's the baby coming along?

154330[/snapback]

He is great, a little wiggle worm. I am ready for August I can't wait to see what he looks like. I go back next week for my gestational diebetes(sp) test and another ultrasound. I am feeling pretty good and we are going to your hometown next week so I am feeling REAL good, I am so ready for a vacation its not even funny.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Note that the "Ron Mexico" name was only used in connection with his STD testing....so that the results wouldn't be linked to Mike Vick.

154324[/snapback]

No matter where the Ron Mexico alias came from it's still funny and lame like I said it sounds like an alias. Hey Wes how have you been?

154328[/snapback]

Oh, I agree: it's funny and lame. It just seemed that some posters were thinking that Mike used the alias on the woman.

154330[/snapback]

He is great, a little wiggle worm. I am ready for August I can't wait to see what he looks like. I go back next week for my gestational diebetes(sp) test and another ultrasound. I am feeling pretty good and we are going to your hometown next week so I am feeling REAL good, I am so ready for a vacation its not even funny.

154404[/snapback]

Glad to hear that you're both doing well (well, the 3 of you, I assume Mr. BoJ is doing well also).

I'm going to be down on the coast this weekend for a wedding. I'll make sure everything is kosher for your visit. ;)

I have to agree with the guys here.  If she was stupid enough to sleep with him without protection then there is no way she should win the lawsuit.  But the whole " Ron Mexico" alias is a bit lame it sounds like an alias.  I might laugh if I met a guy with that name.

154317[/snapback]

In her lawsuit, which does not specify monetary damages, Elliott states that she met Vick at a Virginia Beach nightclub in May 2001 and, shortly thereafter, began a close personal relationship with the football star (though the couple did not have sex until late-2002)

So what most of you are telling me is that if you get into a dating relationship with someone, continue it for OVER A YEAR, and decide to take it to another level you would not be shocked or surprised to find out after the fact that you contacted an STD from not using protection. :blink:

And what kind of a responsible adult wants to KNOWINGLY share this kind of thing? :o

154333[/snapback]

Well if they are responsible they WOULD tell you. If you have been dating someone for over a year and they didn't tell you wouldn't you feel betrayed. You can't make decesions for other people on how they will feel about that kind of thing and they have to decide if they want to continue it or not b/c herpes is not something you get rid of with a pill, when you get it, you've got it. SO yes if they were a responsible ADULT then you would tell the person you are dating so you don't put thier future at risk.

In her lawsuit, which does not specify monetary damages, Elliott states that she met Vick at a Virginia Beach nightclub in May 2001 and, shortly thereafter, began a close personal relationship with the football star (though the couple did not have sex until late-2002)

So what most of you are telling me is that if you get into a dating relationship with someone, continue it for OVER A YEAR, and decide to take it to another level you would not be shocked or surprised to find out after the fact that you contacted an STD from not using protection. :blink:

And what kind of a responsible adult wants to KNOWINGLY share this kind of thing? :o

154333[/snapback]

Ravad, I think you hit it on the head. This was not a thing that happened suddenly, i.e., a one night stand. If she had been seeing him for over a year before she had sex with him, I think she had a reasonable right to expect him to tell her if he had a STD. There is probably a lot more to this but if I were sitting on a jury with just the facts we know, I wouldn't have any problem ordering Mr. Vick to give her a tidy sum.

154324[/snapback]

154328[/snapback]

154330[/snapback]

154404[/snapback]

Glad to hear that you're both doing well (well, the 3 of you, I assume Mr. BoJ is doing well also).

I'm going to be down on the coast this weekend for a wedding. I'll make sure everything is kosher for your visit. ;)

154407[/snapback]

Ah yes the wedding man, always a bridesmaid never a bride :big:

154324[/snapback]

154328[/snapback]

154330[/snapback]

154404[/snapback]

154407[/snapback]

Ah yes the wedding man, always a bridesmaid never a bride :big:

154410[/snapback]

By design. B)

I kinda like Little Beaver myself :big:   :big:

154435[/snapback]

If we are going to turn this into who has the best alias, I currently use Shane Puffit after about 15 beers, but my all-time favorite was LaMar Waters.

For those of you saying Vick has no responsability in the matter, would it change your opinion if it would have been AIDS?

If he knew he had Herpes and didn't tell her, not only (imo) does he owe her money to at least cover all of her medical bills related to the disease, but I think he should also go to jail for intentionally doing her harm.

I was home with Katie today, and didn't get to read this until now but I am SHOCKED and DISGUSTED to read the things written on this board. Just FYI, as the ad says, THERE IS NO CURE FOR HERPES. It is painful, and PERMANENT. You can't just go to the clinic and make it go away. If Vick knew he had it and did not tell her he had it, prior to them having sex, then he is a scum, a sleeze and a liar, and deserves anything he has coming to him.

Close friend of mine in college got date raped and bingo! The guy gives her herpes. And he wasn't a pro athlete. I held her as she cried and it broke my heart. Now she has to tell every man she is ever with for the rest of her life - oh, by the way, you need to know that if we have sex, you might get it. Imagine what THAT does to HER sex life and the hope of finding a permanent relationship. You damn well better believe that if that happened to me, no matter WHO the scum sucker was, I would hit him with a lawsuit for purposes of exposing his nasty ass. Money can't repair that damage - at least now with this woman coming forward, she has hopefully stopped other women from getting it.

For the first time in the years I have been posting on this board, I am truly shocked and appalled and overwhelmingly disgusted with some of your replies. Oh, it's all her fault for agreeing to have sex with him, since he was an athlete and all. She got what she deserved - she should have known he would have a communicable disease. WHAT THE HELL KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT?????????? Guess that tells me what side you would come down on in a rape case. Guess athletes get a pass, huh? What if that were YOUR sister??? Then would you care less about WHO gave it to her and instead worry about what that would do to her FOREVER and then do all you could to stop someone else from getting infected???

I am just sick.

this case ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on a rape case. none. zero. zilch. she WANTED TO HAVE SEX WITH HIM. your friend's story is something i would not only expect a lawsuit from, but i would expect a jail sentence. what that guy did was completely illegal in civil or criminal court. what vick did was neither. yes, if you have consensual sex with someone you aren't married to (or someone you know on an equally intimate level as marriage) without protection, you have have ZERO room for complaint.

she got a lifetime friend that no one wants around out of the deal, and i feel sorry for her. but she has no business suing over it. if my sister was screwing anyone without protection, she's on her own if she gets an std. that's just that. sucks for you, but it's your mistake.

also, do you all think i could get a falcons number 7 jersey with ron mexico or just mexico on the back? THAT would be classic.

oh and my alias everytime i go to the beach or whatever is taylor wright. dunno why. just off the top of my head.

It would be different if it was forced sex or something. Saying Vick is at fault, is like blaming a prostitute for giving you an STD. I might have miss spelled that. Anyway, I would think that would be her own fault. If it were me, I would have been a little more careful about what I did.

Ron Mexico...heheheheh.

michaelvick2yc.jpg

this case ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on a rape case. none. zero. zilch. she WANTED TO HAVE SEX WITH HIM. your friend's story is something i would not only expect a lawsuit from, but i would expect a jail sentence. what that guy did was completely illegal in civil or criminal court. what vick did was neither. yes, if you have consensual sex with someone you aren't married to (or someone you know on an equally intimate level as marriage) without protection, you have have ZERO room for complaint.

she got a lifetime friend that no one wants around out of the deal, and i feel sorry for her. but she has no business suing over it. if my sister was screwing anyone without protection, she's on her own if she gets an std. that's just that. sucks for you, but it's your mistake.

also, do you all think i could get a falcons number 7 jersey with ron mexico or just mexico on the back? THAT would be classic.

oh and my alias everytime i go to the beach or whatever is taylor wright. dunno why. just off the top of my head.

154491[/snapback]

This may be the first time I wholeheartedly agree with Jenny over mcgufcm. You're wrong about civil liability, and, depending on the jurisdicition, possible criminal liability. I think a case can be made that someone who KNOWS he/she has a STD, especially an incurable one, and exposes another to it without disclosing the disease, is responsible for recklessly endangering another. If he did not know he had it, which seems unlikely with herpes, that is a different matter. What she did was unwise. She took a risk she should not have taken, b/c we never know what another person may have. She could have excercised better judgment and should have. She was careless. But what he did was knowing and intentional, if the facts alleged are true. He knew he had an incurable disease, failed to disclose that fact, and failed to use protection knowing he was exposing another human being to an incurable disease. That is absolutely reprehensible. He deserves to lose a good chunk of his 130 million dollars, IMHO. That may be the only thing that matters to people who apparently have little or no moral compass.

Like Jenny, I'm pretty disgusted with the sense of moral responsibility on this board today. I hope you guys think this one through and reach a different conclusion.

reckless endangerment insinuates that either her life was threatened or she was intentionally put into a physically or mentally threatening situation. she chose to open herself to that risk AND herpes is in no way fatal. it sucks to have herpes b/c no one likes a burning sensation, but it's not going to kill her. like someone mentioned earlier, if you do this with HIV you can go to the pen. this isn't even comparable to that.

the fact is mike's an a-hole. there's no doubt about that, but i just have a really hard time feeling sorry for this girl even a little. and i know for a fact that i would gladly represent mike vick as a defense lawyer over siding with her to get money out of the deal. money won't erase her herpes. but if it makes you feel like the situation is more just to see him lose money, you can rest easy. i'll lay odds at 100 to 1 this never sees court, and she walks away a few mil richer in a settlement.

If she doesn't have a case, how do you surmise that she walks with millions?

She has a good case if he knew he had herpes and had unprotected sex w/ her w/o warning her first. She'll win. . . unless she can't prove by a preponderance of the evidence that MV was the "donor." Looks like her sex life will be openly disclosed.

Btw, Jen is right - for the victim, this is a nasty disease. Maybe she would have remembered that night for the rest of her life anyway, but not the way she'll remember it every day of the rest of her entire life. . . 365 days per year except for that damn leap year where it hurts one day longer.

Why didn't Vick sue the "person" who gave it to him. Let's see, how long would his list of possible candidates be?

Archived