**Georgia Game thread***

WarTiger

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Steele looked like a high school coach there. Pathetic.

Steele didn't do a thing wrong. Peters losing leverage allowed that TD

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Jeesh.... last 2 mins sucked. Looked a lot better on offense but the D?? Whats the deal with that?? Oh wait, its all Gus's fault...

No the D is Steele’s fault but the crappy play by JS is Gus’s fault because he puts up with it.

i'm thinking Stid knows the pressure is on him to deliver and it got to him. if not for him, its ugly. yes 3rd down should have been an easy completion and drive extender but dont forget the other plays and 12 completions he has tonight

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The bigger Miss was JS missing a wide open RD on 2nd down. Completely panicked and put us in that 3rd down position 

Yep! How do you not see a guy that wide open?? Of course, Stidham was in panic mode running in the opposite direction, but still...

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Their 5 star receiver is a 4.4 forty guy, and our 3 star safety is a 4.7 guy. Georgia knew it. And it showed on that play for sure. 

Steele put them in the wrong protection. It was bad. Real bad.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Should we do nothing and just let next year be a complete dumpster fire, or get Freeze? Because with Freeze, I think he might want some stability.

How it might play out:

Bring in Freeze>still have mediocre play>Malzahn fired mid season>Freeze promoted to interim>Freeze hired as head coach 2020. 

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

An average offensive team could come back from a 10 point deficit. But this is more like a 20 point lead for UGA if take all things into consideration

Just can't tell what this offense is gonna to....a little flip to Boobee, a first down and probably the half runs out with us right in the fight.   Dodged a bullet with Iggies fumble and still screwed up that series of downs....and the next.

But time to get 'em back....

Getting a stop on them the first possession of the second half is critical.   We can still win this if we get a stop and a score.  That was a big blow right before the half.  

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

How it might play out:

Bring in Freeze>still have mediocre play>Malzahn fired mid season>Freeze promoted to interim>Freeze hired as head coach 2020. 

I'll take it. I think Freeze has proven himself to be a better offensive mind than Gus. Hopefully he doesn't suffer the "Tiger Woods effect" like Petrino did.

1 minute ago, tigers23 said:

Defense sux

Theyre baiting the first half like last week, to keep them from wanting to adjust. Lockdown coming..........but after this first drive, lol

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I certainly respect your opinion, but I am not going man in that spot. Never.

Just now, tigers23 said:

Defense sux

Defense is worn out from being on the field the whole season due to the crappy offense with no running game, which goes back to the OL issues.  

Steele's defense gave up 30 to Tennessee.  That I will fault him for.  They look to be on the way to 30+ tonight.  I'll fault him/them for that too.  That's two poor showings without a doubt.  But this defense has bailed out the offense numerous times, it would be nice for the offense to return the favor for once...

Yeah Jarrett should've had boobee on that third and short but I'm honestly not upset with his play. Has been pretty solid. No running game and a defense that can't get one stop is the much bigger issue tonight. 

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

His DBs have just gotten lambasted by the receivers on simple routes, simple route inflections 

what else can he really do 

Just now, 1auburn1 said:

Stidham 12-17.   Ain’t the problem.  No running game and spotty dB play is the problem. 

JMO but a bunch of little short passes might make the stats look good...but the missed passes are why we are in the trouble we are in. 

Archived