SO SICK OF OVERLY-SENSITIVE PEOPLE!

weaglewagon

This has got to be one of the stupidest things I have heard in a long time. Gimme a break. :angry:

Nutt doesn't want to offend cancer survivorsAssociated Press

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas coach Houston Nutt said that players caught loafing will no longer wear pink jerseys during practices in an effort to avoid offending breast cancer survivors.

Nutt received negative reaction from people when they saw the players in the pink jerseys. Breast cancer survivors and their supporters often wear pink ribbons, and the nationwide Race for the Cure, which raises funds for breast cancer research, uses the color pink as well.

"That's the last thing I want to do, is to offend a cancer victim, someone who I know how strong and brave they are," Nutt said. "That was the last thing on our mind, to discredit somebody who has shown a lot of toughness. I've had members of my family who had cancer."

Nutt said the coaches are considering another color, possibly burnt orange, the color of Arkansas rival Texas.

Im sure Nutt had the intention of harming the beliefs of breast cancer victims everywhere......

No offense to cancer victims...but with time running down why mess with an issue like this?

Another thing, why are they practicing in pink anyways?? :lol::lol:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Finebaum, Rick and Bubba, and the doofuses on Jox have had a field day with this one.

Whoever brought this to the forefront by the cancer folks should be shot. There are more important things to be worried about than if a football team punishes their players by making them wear pink.

Political correctness run amok....

Another thing, why are they practicing in pink anyways??  :lol:   :lol:

154350[/snapback]

I think if Nutt feels a player isn't giving it all in practice, he makes them wear pink. Nutt now says that instead of pink, he will make them wear Texas Orange.

Guest Tigrinum Major
No offense to cancer victims...but with time running down why mess with an issue like this?

Another thing, why are they practicing in pink anyways??  :lol:   :lol:

154350[/snapback]

No offense to you, but with the strides made in cancer research, detection and treatment, those who suffer from cancer don't always have "time running down" anymore. My grandmother, mother and sister have all been diagnosed and treated for breast cancer in the past five years (in reverse order, no less, kind of strange) and none of them have had a relapse so far.

The ones that are deemed to be loafing are put in pink jerseys, hence the negative connotation for the color and the basis for the ridiculous claim.

I say good for Nutt...he's showing respect for cancer survivors. What's wrong with that?? :huh:

Football is a game...cancer is no joke, to say the very least.

And besides, it's says "Nutt received negative reaction from people when they saw the players in the pink jerseys." You mean to tell me that Nutt is supposed to completely ignore the very people that support his team and paycheck? Don't think so. I mean, these are the die-hard fans that show up for the practices that we're talking about. They came to him with a serious issue and he responded...good for him. :thumbsup:

it's a pink jersey...people need to get over it. it's not like they were dissing cancer patients. so, u think it's offensive if a player wears a yellow jersey during practice so players won't hit them? is that showing disrespect for Lance Armstrong's LIVESTRONG foundation? please. i'm just sick of people being sensitive over every freaking little detail of everything. do not take this an an insult to cancer victims.....that is not the point.

not that i care anything about NUTT or the :arky: , it just annoys me. i'll get off my soapbox now. :)

Next thing you know we'll have good ol Jesse running around saying he's being discriminatory in who he makes wear the pink ones... gotta hate political correctness.

...dont see this as a big issue for debate either way/more like something for sports media to talk about when there is no football around.

I don't really care what colors the Hogs wear and don't see why anyone else would. And I can be 100% sympathetic to cancer victims without thinking even once about whether or not there are pink jerseys on Houston Nutt's practice field. But in general, I suspect we'd run out of usable colors soon if we banned every color that might offend one party or another for various political/social causes.

it's a pink jersey...people need to get over it.  it's not like they were dissing cancer patients.  so, u think it's offensive if a player wears a yellow jersey during practice so players won't hit them?  is that showing disrespect for Lance Armstrong's LIVESTRONG foundation?  please.  i'm just sick of people being sensitive over every freaking little detail of everything.  do not take this an an insult to cancer victims.....that is not the point. 

not that i care anything about NUTT or the  :arky: , it just annoys me.  i'll get off my soapbox now.  :)

154368[/snapback]

Nutt said they didn't mean to diss cancer patients. But because fans had an issue with it and they voiced their opinion to Nutt about it, Nutt responded because he didn't want to disrespect cancer patients. Again, good for Nutt. He's using his notoriety for a good cause...still don't see what's wrong with that.

Let go of the color of the jersey thing and look at the big picture....makes a lot more sense.

And I don't have a problem with players wearing any particular color. I would not have made the connection between a practice jersey and a cancer survivor. But then again, I'm not a cancer survivor so I don't walk in their shoes. No disrespect to you, but if some people did have a problem with yellow jerseys or whatever, I'd hope that it was taken into consideration by a person more open-minded than yourself.

Oh my can we be more politically correct? I understand the color pink associated with breast cancer, and cancer is no joke but come on this is getting a little extreme. Is there one person in every group that is just looking for something that is "offensive" and therefore they have to make an issue out of it? I understand why Nutt changed the color and so forth. I'm hearing impaired, does that mean I should make an issue about football games being too loud and I could lose the remainder of my hearing? Maybe I should fly off the handle if someone makes a joke about deaf people.

"political correctness" is stupidity in overdrive. Too many people are lookin' to get their "feelins' hurt" these days.

Get a life. It works wonders.

No disrespect to you, but if some people did have a problem with yellow jerseys or whatever, I'd hope that it was taken into consideration by a person more open-minded than yourself.

154375[/snapback]

How's this for open-minded? Kissie the :moon: !

People being offended by it is STUPID and I don't have to like it. It doesn't mean I'm not open-minded. What NUTT did was fine, he has DONORS to appease... What annoys me is the STUPID people who complained about it to begin with......the :arky: fans.

BTW, .....I wear PINK dress shirts to work all the time. The guys give me a hard time. Should I whoop 'em b/c they're dissing cancer survivors? Maybe I should call Alvin Holmes to see if he could help me out. :poke:

Another thing, why are they practicing in pink anyways??   :lol:   :lol:

154350[/snapback]

No offense to you, but with the strides made in cancer research, detection and treatment, those who suffer from cancer don't always have "time running down" anymore. My grandmother, mother and sister have all been diagnosed and treated for breast cancer in the past five years (in reverse order, no less, kind of strange) and none of them have had a relapse so far.

The ones that are deemed to be loafing are put in pink jerseys, hence the negative connotation for the color and the basis for the ridiculous claim.

154353[/snapback]

Give it a rest. Just because you have a family member with cancer doesnt give you the entitlement to posting a reply like that. I in no way was dogging any cancer victim at all, we were actually talking about the stupidity of the issue, and thats the pink jersey issue.

I wasnt arguing that cancer treatment and cancer victims never get through it....

Sheesh..... :poke:

NOW BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC....Pink jerseys affecting cancer victims...

Guest Tigrinum Major

154350[/snapback]

154353[/snapback]

Give it a rest. Just because you have a family member with cancer doesnt give you the entitlement to posting a reply like that. I in no way was dogging any cancer victim at all, we were actually talking about the stupidity of the issue, and thats the pink jersey issue.

I wasnt arguing that cancer treatment and cancer victims never get through it....

154614[/snapback]

You give it a rest, vatz. I agree that the issue is ridiculous. I would have never put the connection between the two together and I think that I have been affected as much as anyone who doesn't actually have cancer.

The reply wasn't a slam against you, just trying to point out that cancer patients or survivors aren't just sitting there waiting on the clock to wind down, and getting their panties in a wad over crap like this.

Sheesh....who is being overly sensitive NOW? :poke:

The original topic has been discussed ad naseum without the slightest hint of a hijack. But, if that's your perception, we can always make that perception become reality...if Cox doesn't live up to expectations after the first fall scrimmage, should he be yanked in favor of Booker and relegated to the sidelines, where he will be forced to wear .... a pink jersey?

154350[/snapback]

154353[/snapback]

154614[/snapback]

You give it a rest, vatz. I agree that the issue is ridiculous. I would have never put the connection between the two together and I think that I have been affected as much as anyone who doesn't actually have cancer.

The reply wasn't a slam against you, just trying to point out that cancer patients or survivors aren't just sitting there waiting on the clock to wind down, and getting their panties in a wad over crap like this.

Sheesh....who is being overly sensitive NOW? :poke:

The original topic has been discussed ad naseum without the slightest hint of a hijack. But, if that's your perception, we can always make that perception become reality...if Cox doesn't live up to expectations after the first fall scrimmage, should he be yanked in favor of Booker and relegated to the sidelines, where he will be forced to wear .... a pink jersey?

154618[/snapback]

Overly sensitive now? lol :lol: , nice.... I only responded because of your touchy reply quoting my words :no: .... Maybe if you hadnt of quoted them, you could say," I wasnt trying to slam you".

Anyways, I am not trying to slam you either, just pointing out that in no way was I trying to offend any cancer related person.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Point taken. I still don't consider it a slam, just a clarification.

Truce? Since we both agree that this is a trivial BS type of reaction to a trivial BS issue?

Nutt should make them wear pastel purple jerseys instead. I think that would be worse.

154693[/snapback]

With yellow polkadots. :D

Seriously, wouldn't this be supporting cancer awareness by showing how they fight back to survive and regain their lives as they once were? Just a thought...

Nutt should make them wear pastel purple jerseys instead. I think that would be worse.

154693[/snapback]

:no: ......this would be worse :big:

1625fv.gif

let me first off say that i think the whole issue is somewhat goofy...but i do have a few observations/questions.

1) who gave the color pink to cancer patients? can a group 'own' a color? i don't think so.

2) which came first: the notion that pink is a sissy color or the use of pink ribbons to bring awareness breast cancer issues?

if you are going to choose a color and adopt it as 'yours', as the cancer patients evidently have, you should not be able to whine about how the color is perceived/used by those not affiliated with your group--especially when using the color in a totally different context. unfortunately for breast cancer patients donning the pink ribbons, the color 'pink' also conjures up other images/meanings when used in other settings.

3) to insinuate nutt was disparaging cancer patients by having loafers wear pink is absurd.

4) this reminds me of a story...while teaching at UA several years ago, i ran into a co-ed wearing a pink ribbon. not really versed in the practice, i asked her what the ribbon was for. she promptly replied, "breast awareness week". i immediately caught her faux pas...but it took her 3-5 seconds...at which point she said, "i meant...", but i interrupted her...saying, 'i know'....we walked off, me with a smile on my face.

154693[/snapback]

:no: ......this would be worse :big:

1625fv.gif

154749[/snapback]

I think the LSU mens basketball team should wear hot pink jerseys. They do play like a bunch of...... Well you can figure that out! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

The question is:

Does anyone have a pic of this?

Archived