Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

Just now, DAG said:

We went from Stoops potential coming here to Gus leaking the news...can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow.

Gus responds by kicking off December with hunting all month. If he’s going down, Auburn will too. No buyout negotiations.

:popcorn:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Why does every post of yours read like you've spent too much time absorbed in spy novels?

It's not a "narrative."  Someone asked who leaked this and why.  I and others pointed out that these leaks generally mess up potential negotiations so it's not likely the folks trying to make Stoops to AU happen leaked it.  More than likely it's a faction who either wants Gus to get another year or at least doesn't think we should pay such a huge buyout, so they are hoping to scuttle any potential deal.

No one knows for sure, just talking about who it makes the most sense to have the motive to leak it.

Dude get off my jock!  Got nothing to say to you.    I'm not the only one that sees the turning of the tide in this story @DAG sees it as well.  No reason to keep addressing me with your nonsense.  So stop acting like you know what is going on behind the scenes and shooting down any discussion you don't agree with which you have with me all damn night.  

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He thinks he's just a key player here or there away from righting the ship and winning big again.

Truth be told, he was just two years ago when Stidham committed. And six years ago when Marshall committed. But that doesn't mean he can duplicate it again in 2019. Wayyyyyyyyyyy too many pieces of the puzzle are missing for 2019 besides a stud transfer QB.

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Show me 1 coach that doesn't think this?  

Saban.  

He completely retooled his offensive approach to adjust to the fact that in modern college football, you simply can't win consistent championships anymore with ball control and defense.  There will be 2-3 games a year, at least, where you're just gonna have to outscore them.  And he changed the kind of defensive players he recruited to counter the hurry-up and spread teams like Auburn and Clemson.

Because, you know, good coaches adapt rather than just double down on the same crap that isn't working.

13 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I was talking to my brother earlier todayou and I suggested we hire Bob Stoops,

I told him, quote, "We need to:make like Don CorLeone and make him an offer he can't refuse."

Maybe thats exactly what they PTB's did. 

we can only hope  right

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What you don’t get is you do your job as professionally as possible no matter what the income.  That is being professional, wanting more money will happen if you are a true professional.  Everybody would want a raise, but you get a raise by the way you do your work.

I have no problem with people listening to a better offer, it takes no time to listen.  However, to negotiate an extension and asking for the moon while trying to game plan for the most important game of the year is totally unprofessional. The optic is Gus is only in it for the money.

As I said before Sexton did the lifting not Gus.  No one is turning down more money.  

Just now, Scotty2Hotty said:

Truth be told, he was just two years ago when Stidham committed. And six years ago when Marshall committed. But that doesn't mean he can duplicate it again in 2019. Wayyyyyyyyyyy too many pieces of the puzzle are missing for 2019 besides a stud transfer QB.

When you massively whiff on offensive linemen (especially tackles) and running backs in multiple classes, you can't rely on the next Marshall to take you to the promised land.

27 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Haven't seen anything posted by him. Is he blocking me too???

Yeah man, he talks all kinds of crap about the both of you. You can't see the posts?

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And the extra clicks to Rivals or 24/7 wouldn't pay for a candy bar in their kids' stockings. 

His kids probably want one of those 24” KitKats from Cracker Barrel though. Little brats...

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Dude get off my jock!  Got nothing to say to you.    I'm not the only one that sees the turning of the tide in this story @DAG sees it as well.  No reason to keep addressing me with your nonsense.  So stop acting like you know what is going on behind the scenes and shooting down any discussion you don't agree with which you have with me all damn night.  

If you don't like pushback on the stuff you say, say it in private emails to your buddies.  If you want to post it on a public message board, then sack up and deal with rebuttals.

19 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He really seems like the eat your last pizza roll kind of a guy though. Doesn’t tbe Auburn creed address this type of behavior?

Oh yeah. Just remembered. Apparently Mike Leach once showed up late af to a conference coaches meeting with a bag of in-n- out😂😂😂. That's the hero we need right now! 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh yeah. Just remembered. Apparently Mike Leach once showed up late af to a conference coaches meeting with a bag of in-n- out😂😂😂. That's the hero we need right now! 

Hilarious story by him 

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Because as Titan has said a lot of times in this thread already, it can squash the possibility of something like a Stoops to AU from happening thus increasing Gus's odds of keeping his job for now.

Not necessarily.....how many times has a coach said "no" before he said yes ?   Meanwhile this year's class is probably in doubt...

AU leadership has to decide to get rid of Gus first....no small thing.

Not addressing a particular person in this response will throw out there... Gus doesn't have an antiquated offensive system just a broken one.  Feel free to check out my post in the Here it is thread of what I think of our offense to long for this thread. 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

When you massively whiff on offensive linemen (especially tackles) and running backs in multiple classes, you can't rely on the next Marshall to take you to the promised land.

Yup, pretty much what I alluded to ("Wayyyyyyyyyyy too many pieces of the puzzle are missing for 2019").

I said ad nauseum prior to this season we would lose at least three games because of OL and RB. It won't improve any next season. 6-6 at best.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If you don't like pushback on the stuff you say, say it in private emails to your buddies.  If you want to post it on a public message board, then sack up and deal with rebuttals.

ok then stop calling other people opinions wrong when you can't bring any fact other then your own opinion to the situation and calling peoples opinion idiotic and stupid.  Act like a mod or give up the title.  Respect us little guys out here.  Because you think you know everything doesn't mean it's true.  And yet you bitch on here about Gus being stubborn... laughable

WHERE IS OUR NEW COACH?!?!?! WHERE?!?!??! FIRE GUS already so the real party can begin!!!!! PLEASE!!!! PUT @corchjay out of his misery. I know he is even tired of defending Gustav and does not even believe anymore in any of these half assed defenses of him. He is only doing it out of sheer pride and being way too stubborn now! lol. 

rt.gif

The idea that Gus leaked it just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me. Wouldn’t it hurt him more than help him? Why would anyone want to commit to him with such uncertainty? Or Auburn TBH. That would mean Gus would be trying to sink Auburn in order to save himself. 

I guess I can't go more than 30 minutes without checking this page, lest I have to read through 8 more pages just to realize nothing has happened yet.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hilarious story by him 

Dude ML would turn the SEC coaching status quo completely on it's head and I'd love every second of it. Could you imagine these all business guys like Saban, Muschamp,and Kirby in a room with Mike Leach while he's scarfing down a bag of Krystal's and playing flappy bird on his phone. Yessss! I want that!

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I guess I can't go more than 30 minutes without checking this page, lest I have to read through 8 more pages just to realize nothing has happened yet.

Unless you read a “Gus is fired” thread then nothing has changed . Of course there was a false one today which was ridiculous.

Archived