Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Yup, pretty much what I alluded to ("Wayyyyyyyyyyy too many pieces of the puzzle are missing for 2019").

I said ad nauseum prior to this season we would lose at least three games because of OL and RB. It won't improve any next season. 6-6 at best.

I'll say 8-4 but depends on QB play and of course health.  Immediate OL depth could be helped with a GT but doesn't help a lot long term.  Another factor will be who is the OC and does the system compliment Gus' system or work in contrast to it.  

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

This story was such a load of 💩 I can’t believe anyone fell for it 😂

The bread and butter of the story was, the "boys" met up with Stoops, it went ok, and they wish to make a move at almost any cost.

I believe this 100%. 

Just now, DAG said:

Unless you read a guess is fired thread then nothing has changed . Of course there was a false one today which was ridiculous.

Like many others on here have said though, it's the most enjoyment I've gotten out of this forum since September. Hell, maybe since the Muschamp hire.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

WHERE IS OUR NEW COACH?!?!?! WHERE?!?!??! FIRE GUS already so the real party can begin!!!!! PLEASE!!!! PUT @corchjay out of his misery. I know he is even tired of defending Gustav and does not even believe anymore in any of these half assed defenses of him. He is only doing it out of sheer pride and being way too stubborn now! lol. 

rt.gif

You know just as well as I do that the fun is in the speculation with Auburn coaching searches. Once that name roles in, half of us will be nauseous and the other half will like"ok this guy was once pretty good in a game I watched once so this is the best hire". Coaching announcements at Auburn are a bigger buzz kill than Buzz Killington.

Just now, corchjay said:

ok then stop calling other people opinions wrong when you can't bring any fact other then your own opinion to the situation and calling peoples opinion idiotic and stupid. 

When you offer options on my motives or behaviors, I have every right to call them stupid.  When you offer opinions that don't make logical sense, you'll hear about it.  I'm sorry if that bothers you.

Just now, corchjay said:

Act like a mod or give up the title.  Respect us little guys out here.  Because you think you know everything doesn't mean it's true.  And yet you bitch on here about Gus being stubborn... laughable

I've done nothing out of line for a moderator.  Mods here are allowed to have opinions, push back on opinions that don't have solid backing or don't line up with other known facts, point out when opinions don't line up with good logic.  I haven't stated anything is definitive here.  I've simply refused to join in your chorus of pissing on information or dismissing it as clickbait simply because you don't like it or you don't like the ones reporting it.

Either keep your opinions to yourself or in a private chat with your friends, or suck it up and deal with it when people push back on them.  And that goes whether it's a regular poster or a moderator.  Posting opinions on a public message board without getting some pushback isn't an option here.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

The idea that Gus leaked it just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me. Wouldn’t it hurt him more than help him? Why would anyone want to commit to him with such uncertainty? Or Auburn TBH. That would mean Gus would be trying to sink Auburn in order to save himself. 

you've figured it all out and don't even know it.  

He's sinking Auburn to try to save himself.  You damn crazy genius.  

This has been some crazy off-the-rails fun tonight. Reminds me of sitting in a hospital waiting room, yearning to hear that a long-awaited baby's been born. Bless the mods for all they do...no joke. Nite, all! 

🤣😇🙏🍎🌍

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You know just as well as I do that the fun is in the speculation with Auburn coaching searches. Once that name roles in, half of us will be nauseous and the other half will like"ok this guy was once pretty good in a game I watched once so this is the best hire". Coaching announcements at Auburn are a bigger buzz kill than Buzz Killington.

That is WHY I want a official announcement that gus is fired so the speculation game can begin baby!!! That is when the real fun starts. Me and you both know that. Hope springs eternal and there is never more hope at AU then during a coaching search. Because for once we think MAN MAYBE we won't JABA this up! lol.

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Because as Titan has said a lot of times in this thread already, it can squash the possibility of something like a Stoops to AU from happening thus increasing Gus's odds of keeping his job for now.

How because Gus or someone whined about it??? And since he is now mad about being replaced by Stoops he or someone close to him leaks it...boom everybody changes their mind and may decide to keep him...is that it? Seriously  or did I misinterpret it.

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

We went from Stoops potential coming here to Gus leaking the news...can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow.

After Auburn whiffs on Stoops and runs Gus off to Texas Tech or another power 5 school to be named later we’ll be hoping Freeze isn’t too toxic to bring in as HC.  9 months of hearing how stupid our fan base and administration is till football actually starts again.  Or Gus stays and we have to listen to all the talking heads talk about Auburn trying to fire Gus before every game next year on our way to an undefeated national championship season because JABA.  Thank goodness for Bruce and Butch and the equestrian team.  

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

We went from Stoops potential coming here to Gus leaking the news...can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow.

We find out that Les Miles has yet to “officially” sign the deal with Kansas, and he’s flown in to not only accept the job, but to deliver the news to Gus. He knows we have the finest field to offer, thanks to the Auburn turf management team.

1 minute ago, kwagoner said:

We find out that Les Miles has yet to “officially” sign the deal with Kansas, and he’s flown in to not only accept the job, but to deliver the news to Gus. He knows we have the finest field to offer, thanks to the Auburn turf management team.

Our grounds crew isn't gonna put up with that cow eating their beautiful grass. That grass is for mediocre football and the occasional movie night for the students and nothing else.

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Seriously...who here really really truly believes Bob Stoops will be the next coach at Auburn....serious question.

He does have credibility, has won, ..basically he checks all the boxes, so it would be a great press conference hire, but who thinks this is legit even with Stoops denying it?

Who knows if he is even interested or not, but as someone else pointed out, we wouldn't speak directly to him. We would speak to his agents. So even if we have talked to his people and things look favorable, he can still be 100% truthful and say HE hasn't spoken to us.  

I also would like to remind you of Tommy "PineBox" Tuberville. Just because someone denies something, doesn't make it fact.

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

not a good way to introduce yourself but carry on.

Eh, it was funny

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

I got a question for you Tora... If you were in the week for mid terms/finals and another school system came you wanting to discuss a job opportunity that would triple your pay would you listen?

Of course anyone in their right mind would listen to triple your pay money. 

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

This is my deal...

Gus will be our coach next year...we will be 6-6 or 7-5....we will gnash our teeth over why he wasn’t fired this year...that corch dude will tell us why Gus deserves another year....he will be fired this time after recruiting suffers....we will make a disappointing hire....wash, rinse, repeat...Auburn football.

and I don't recall anyone laughing at it.  Weird sense of humor.  

Na, it WAS pretty funny. And everyone is new at some point.

51 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Man. Bob Stoops killed all the joy and fun in this room when he denied speaking to us. F that guy. At least Gus wants us. #backonteamgusbus

Again, just because he says he hasn't talked to us directly does not mean his people haven't 

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Oh, but deep down...you damn sure know we will.  

wayyyyyyyyyyul pawwwwwwwwwwl.............

ld.gif

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

When you offer options on my motives or behaviors, I have every right to call them stupid.  When you offer opinions that don't make logical sense, you'll hear about it.  I'm sorry if that bothers you.

I've done nothing out of line for a moderator.  Mods here are allowed to have opinions, push back on opinions that don't have solid backing or don't line up with other known facts, point out when opinions don't line up with good logic.  I haven't stated anything is definitive here.  I've simply refused to join in your chorus of pissing on information or dismissing it as clickbait simply because you don't like it or you don't like the ones reporting it.

Either keep your opinions to yourself or in a private chat with your friends, or suck it up and deal with it when people push back on them.  And that goes whether it's a regular poster or a moderator.  Posting opinions on a public message board without getting some pushback isn't an option here.

So it's ok to call people stupid and idiotic and such... got it.  Don't ever give me warning then...

Ok fair enough we can go toe to toe in a debate.  I say it's click bait.   prove me wrong!  

Because do you think his tweets, posts, reports are bringing viewers to his/their site or social media accounts?   Does he/they report for free?  No the more views the more pay the more subscriptions the more likes... all money makers.  

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

The idea that Gus leaked it just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me. Wouldn’t it hurt him more than help him? Why would anyone want to commit to him with such uncertainty? Or Auburn TBH. That would mean Gus would be trying to sink Auburn in order to save himself. 

No one said Gus leaked it.  But there are some who *might* leak a effort to oust him to attempt to scuttle it before it gains traction.  If you believe that keeping silent will allow the anti-Gus faction to secretly engineer a deal to replace him with Stoops, then keeping it quiet is no longer an option.  So you leak it in hopes that it will mess everything up.  

It's a non-ideal play, but might be perceived as the only viable one they have in a tense and desperate situation.  What really doesn't make sense is for the ones trying to make Stoops to AU happen to leak it before a solid deal is in place.  You don't want to possibly piss off Stoops (coaches generally like to keep this stuff quiet until everything is basically in place), give the other factions in the Auburn PTB an opportunity to react, or alert any other potential suitors to Stoops' interest in getting back in the game.  There's literally no good reason for the Stoops crowd to leak it - it helps them none and hurts them plenty.  But that's not necessarily true of the side that either backs Gus or simply doesn't think Auburn should fire a guy with that large a buyout.

5 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

How because Gus or someone whined about it??? And since he is now mad about being replaced by Stoops he or someone close to him leaks it...boom everybody changes their mind and may decide to keep him...is that it? Seriously  or did I misinterpret it.

no that's how the story is turning in this thread.  it's gotta fall to Gus in some way.  I don't care who did what personally but to think people aren't making money off these reports is ignorant.  

19 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh yeah. Just remembered. Apparently Mike Leach once showed up late af to a conference coaches meeting with a bag of in-n- out😂😂😂. That's the hero we need right now! 

Double-double animal style + fries animal style.  Definitely worth it...

This is my last post on this @corchjay and I just want you to know where I'm coming from & why I'm so passionate about my stance. Even though I don't have much coaching experience I do have a mind that is always thinking of finding the best way to do things. I strongly believe a coach should always be looking for the best opportunities to put his or her players in the best possible chance to win & succeed. To do this a coach needs to grow & evolve just as he or is expected to be passing on to his or her players so they are growing & evolving. I look at a coach that is not continually looking to grow & evolve as doing a disservice to his or her players by not giving them the best chances to succeed. I can handle losing as long as the coach is trying to learn, adapt, & get better at his or her craft. What I can't stand is a coach being so stuck in their ways they don't give their players the best chance at succeeding. That's why I'm completely done with Gus personally as AU's football coach. He has bold faced lied numerous times saying he was going to adapt & adjust yet never does. Gus is a closed minded coach & I can't stand people who are closed minded, especially in this case where all open minded means you simply give your players their better shot at succeeding. As a former coach it would eat me up inside if I was the reason for my players not succeeding to the best of their capabilities as has been the case with Gus a good bit of his AU tenure.

Man there are two completely different auroras in this room right now. Some of us are just cracking jokes and being fools and the others are ready to literally fight each other in a Hell in a Cell. 

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Of course anyone in their right mind would listen to triple your pay money. 

Just gonna say got a couple on here that says it's unprofessional lol.  Yeah ok.  

1 minute ago, MCPeePants said:

Double-double animal style + fries animal style.  Definitely worth it...

That's an alpha male meal right dur.

Archived