Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

Just now, aujeff11 said:

He really seems like the eat your last pizza roll kind of a guy though. Doesn’t tbe Auburn creed address this type of behavior?

Why can't I give this multiple likes?!!!! He is that guy! And that's what we need! 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Because as Titan has said a lot of times in this thread already, it can squash the possibility of something like a Stoops to AU from happening thus increasing Gus's odds of keeping his job for now.

If the writing is on the wall why not accept it and take your firing like a man. Heck it happens to a lot of us. Not fun but at least he is set for life.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He really seems like the eat your last pizza roll kind of a guy though. Doesn’t tbe Auburn creed address this type of behavior?

The official creed didn’t, but my apartment’s creed on W Glenn sure did. 

3 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

I never could understand anything but the 'voices carry' line in that song but maybe cause I did not really care for it. For me the 80s highlights were Journey, Foreigner, Police and a few one hit wonders.

Me tooooo! Never hearing coherently more than "voices carry..." And your groups! Plus what I called the second British invasion...or European beyond that....The Fixx, Duran Duran, Simple Minds, U2...

Good stuff and on my playlists...Sting did great on his own, too. 

41 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So what we’re all these 5 star recruits we have brought in with the past 6 top twelve recruiting classes. Just because you bring in a good recruit doesn’t mean you don’t have to coach them up. I won’t waste your time by showing you how many teams like UCF that have beat us with much less talent. SMH

Thank you for reaffirming exactly what I was saying. Work on your reading comprehension.

19 minutes ago, corchjay said:
21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Water is wet

nope can't say that.  he's respected and would never

FWIW my post is not about his Stoops info. He may have legit info there. I've just listened to him a lot over the years on Montgomery radio & don't like him as a radio personality. There are times where I thought he was FOS to stir things up but not necessarily the case here.

5 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Now we're in the midst of a third approach — this one designed to make the head coach so uncomfortable that he becomes willing to negotiate a departure.

I offered up this option to @keesler probaby over a month ago. Is the best one.

3 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

Ok, we have gone from breaking coaching news to discussing bad music.  Long live Duane and Ronnie. I’m going to bed. See you tomorrow.  

We’ve got a whole thread devoted to sharing and discussing music just a few clicks down. 😎

I was talking to my brother earlier today and I suggested we hire Bob Stoops,

I told him, quote, "We need to:make like Don Corleone and make him an offer he can't refuse."

Maybe thats exactly what they PTB's did. 

2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

If the writing is on the wall why not accept it and take your firing like a man. Heck it happens to a lot of us. Not fun but at least he is set for life.

Because he's stubborn and thinks he's not getting a fair shake.  He wants to prove his detractors wrong.  He thinks he's just a key player here or there away from righting the ship and winning big again.

2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Because Gus is stone-cold convinced he is the smartest person in the world when it comes to football & 100% knows in his mind he can fix this next year. Without listening to others, adjusting, & letting assistant coaches do their damn job he's dead wrong.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Because he's stubborn and thinks he's not getting a fair shake.  He wants to prove his detractors wrong.  He thinks he's just a key player here or there away from righting the ship and winning big again.

And it’s going to happen too, according to some blind hopefuls. 

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Because Gus is stone-cold convinced he is the smartest person in the world when it comes to football & 100% knows in his mind he can fix this next year. Without listening to others, adjusting, & letting assistant coaches do their damn job he's dead wrong.

Show me 1 coach that doesn't think this?  

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He's always been a key player away. That's his oldest trick. Been doing it since 2014. Two problems.

1. He's the one pissing away talent so we areissing a key player (Normally QB)

2. Key player for him to succeed next year would literally be at least 3 OL, a QB, and a hand full of defensive players to replace the ones that are about to duece out. 

He's finished. He has finally reached a point where he can't stick a band-aid on the problem. We need a major surgery now.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

We went from Stoops potential coming here to Gus leaking the news...can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow.

It'll be that way until the offensive staff changes are made.  It's click bait season and the media is gonna cash in regardless of how other posters on here feel about it

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

So the narrative has turned that Gus leaked this?  what the heck... ya'll have lost your minds.

Oh I know I'm wrong I'm a Gus support blah blah blah

Why does every post of yours read like you've spent too much time absorbed in spy novels?

It's not a "narrative."  Someone asked who leaked this and why.  I and others pointed out that these leaks generally mess up potential negotiations so it's not likely the folks trying to make Stoops to AU happen leaked it.  More than likely it's a faction who either wants Gus to get another year or at least doesn't think we should pay such a huge buyout, so they are hoping to scuttle any potential deal.

No one knows for sure, just talking about who it makes the most sense to have the motive to leak it.

9 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Me tooooo! Never hearing coherently more than "voices carry..." And your groups! Plus what I called the second British invasion...or European beyond that....The Fixx, Duran Duran, Simple Minds, U2...

Good stuff and on my playlists...Sting did great on his own, too. 

Crap I forgot U2 and Joshua Tree one of my all time favorite albums behind Abbey Road  and Court and Spark (showing my age and my failing memory!)

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

We went from Stoops potential coming here to Gus leaking the news...can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow.

David Shaw coming in to bring the power I back to prominence. 4-3 defense, 3 yards and a cloud of dust!

Show me 1 coach that doesn't think this?  

None to the level Gus does. That's why good ones actually adjust, let their coaches do their damn job, & at least listen to their staff on ideas.

It'll be that way until the offensive staff changes are made.  It's click bait season and the media is gonna cash in regardless of how other posters on here feel about it

Still waiting to figure out how Twitter clicks help Josh Moon.

And the extra clicks to Rivals or 24/7 wouldn't pay for a candy bar in their kids' stockings.  Quit pushing a 'narrative.'

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

David Shaw coming in to bring the power I back to prominence. 4-3 defense, 3 yards and a cloud of dust!

I don’t ...just ready for this saga to be over with.

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

lol.  Yeah ok... anyone making 60k or less is listening to 180k regardless of what is going on.  Anyone that states otherwise isn't being truthful I don't care how professional or moral or whatever it is.  Wasn't gonna call Tora out and still not because I don't know her heart but if she is the 1 out 100million that doesn't listen then shes the exception and not the norm.  

Not clue what you do for a living so nothing I can approach you with as a scenario but if someone is offering to triple your pay you're listening.  

What you don’t get is you do your job as professionally as possible no matter what the income.  That is being professional, wanting more money will happen if you are a true professional.  Everybody would want a raise, but you get a raise by the way you do your work.

I have no problem with people listening to a better offer, it takes no time to listen.  However, to negotiate an extension and asking for the moon while trying to game plan for the most important game of the year is totally unprofessional. The optic is Gus is only in it for the money.

Archived