Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I didn't call you stupid or idiotic.  I called things you said stupid or idiotic.  There's a difference.  I attacked your ideas, not you.

And I'll warn you anytime it's appropriate and you will just deal with it.

Then you don't understand debate and aren't ready to go toe to toe with anyone, much less me.  The person who makes a positive assertion has the burden of proof.  That person is you.  If you assert it's clickbait, prove it.  But you don't get to pawn your responsibility off on others.

You think that Auburn people who read Josh Moon's tweets about Stoops are suddenly going to line his pockets with clicks to the AL Political Reporter?  Do you think these things through before typing them?  That literally makes no sense.

And Marcello and Tate have a great disincentive to foment spurious bull**** for clicks.  They grow a subscriber base by doing their best to provide good insider info.  Posting stuff that is made up nonsense for a temporary spike in clicks and maybe a few subs will backfire in the long run.  They aren't stupid and neither are their customers.  Once you gain the rep for sensationalism like this, you will never lose it and the subscription will dwindle.

This is why I'm calling BS on your logic.  Funny how you think I'm the one who doesn't understand how media works.

ok you want to grandstand.  You responded to me (originally).  I'm perfectly fine with my own opinions and definitely don't need them being call stupid or idiotic.  

It's clickbait anyway you look at it.  If you understand what clickbait is this is the epitome of clickbait.  And yes all the Auburn beat guys work right along with "clickbait" if you don't understand that and how it work and how revenue is generated that way then that's on you but I do.   Just like a title say for the recruiting guys... 5 star lineman to visit....

click the link and bam gotta have a subscription to get the full article.  Then the article has no real information just 5 star John Doe might visit on August 5th.  There is plenty of untrue articles that written by the Auburn beat guys.  That's why I will never have a subscription because I know the fluff they spew when I know the true story is something different.

12 minutes ago, corchjay said:

i fail to see where Gus hasn't changed.

Seriously?!?!

giphy.gif

Given the make up this team for a few years now we should have been a more open OU style offense & he still refuse to do so & be open to it.

Now I'm done with this discussion for the night, not just Corch..

30 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Like many others on here have said though, it's the most enjoyment I've gotten out of this forum since September. Hell, maybe since the Muschamp hire.

To me, nothing takes the cake like the SW debates.

2 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

No doubt 🤦‍♂️ Buttttt I think Stidham would have taken more one yard steps to get first down before going to full fettle position when a defender is still 5 yards away from him. 😐 

Dude if you had a face like that, you wouldn't want to mess it up either. The guy has a status with his hot gf. Gotta be IG ready at all times.

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Corch seems very Mankindy. I'm more of a late career Jericho early career Edge and Christian type. You're on The List!

Y2J has evolved even more in New Japan. He is doing killer work over there.

I'm down with @corchjay He's hanging in like a hair in a biscuit. He loses ground by not riding the wave of popular opinion. It's a no-win stance on nights like these, but it's how he feels and it's honorable. Corch loves Auburn as much as the rest of us. Here's to you Corch. War Eagle!

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Seriously?!?!

giphy.gif

Given the make up this team for a few years now we should have been a more open OU style offense & he still refuse to do so & be open to it.

Now I'm done with everything for the night, not just Corch..

You can respond later but why should be we be OU style?  because of Stidham?  I been telling yall all damn year run stidham and stop trying to throw so damn much.  When we go to the throw game is when we start losing... 

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The amount of clicks it would take to make a meaningful difference - this Stoops story wouldn't do it.  Especially if it's just bull**** they're making up.  It will have all the effect of a fart in a hurricane and be forgotten in a couple of days.

If we all fart in the same direction at the same time, a tsunami hits Japan.

Well founded reporting, liberal interpretation, and well timed BS. It’s this combo that makes a journalist desirable. Cater to all types at some point, and get their traffic. Ask the idiot on SECN in the afternoons.

Guys, I have a thesis draft due in four months and y’all are being way too entertaining tonight so I’m either gonna have to ask y’all to calm down or get someone on the board who is in Auburn to come close my browser for me. Although if it’s the latter, please bring momma Gs nachos (with peppers) with you. Preesh.

1)Simply Click “like” button if you vote for corch jay vs Titan tiger Cage match. 

2)Simply click “trophy” to vote for forum royal rumble 

3) last but not least simply click “haha” Icon if you think Gus looks like a DA driving his BMW I8 around. 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

ok you want to grandstand.  You responded to me (originally).  I'm perfectly fine with my own opinions and definitely don't need them being call stupid or idiotic.  

It isn't about what you need.  You put opinions out for public consumption.  Some of them were about me.  Whether you need or want them being critiqued isn't up to you and if you can't handle it, you know where the door is.  Avail yourself of its functions.

It's clickbait anyway you look at it.  If you understand what clickbait is this is the epitome of clickbait.  And yes all the Auburn beat guys work right along with "clickbait" if you don't understand that and how it work and how revenue is generated that way then that's on you but I do.   Just like a title say for the recruiting guys... 5 star lineman to visit....

Prove it.  Merely repeating that it's clickbait and telling me it's obvious isn't proof.

click the link and bam gotta have a subscription to get the full article.  Then the article has no real information just 5 star John Doe might visit on August 5th.  There is plenty of untrue articles that written by the Auburn beat guys.  That's why I will never have a subscription because I know the fluff they spew when I know the true story is something different.

Except Josh Moon's tweets aren't behind a paywall.  And Jay Tate's article on this subject tonight was free content.  No subscription required.  And besides that, the fact that someone produces content for a living that one must subscribe to access doesn't make what they say "clickbait."

Try harder.

1 minute ago, bmartin3228 said:

1)Simply Click “like” button if you vote for corch jay vs Titan tiger Cage match. 

2)Simply click “trophy” to vote for forum royal rumble 

3) last but not least simply click “haha” Icon if you think Gus looks like a DA driving his BMW I8 around. 

Breh I’m not getting on your karma train. C’mon. 👎

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That thread was bad and you should feel bad. 

Well, similar title misleading type posts have been made on here in the past, sometimes by mods, with no ill will intended. If you’ve ever seen any of my posts, I sometimes try to inject a little humor and in the over 18 years I’ve been a member, I’m one of the least combative or pot-stirring  posters you’ll find on here. If my post was the worst thing that’s happened to you today then you’ve had a pretty good day.

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Well, similar title misleading type posts have been made on here in the past, sometimes by mods, with no ill will intended. If you’ve ever seen any of my posts, I sometimes try to inject a little humor and in the over 18 years I’ve been a member, I’m one of the least combative or pot-stirring  posters you’ll find on here. If my post was the worst thing that’s happened to you today then you’ve had a pretty good day.

(My post was made in jest)

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

(My post was made in jest)

My apologies! I’m half asleep and sometimes it’s impossible to interpret tone on here! 😂

But I did feel bad afterwards. I think people are a little anxious about the future of our program and it wasn’t the right time to “pull a Bird”! 🤪

I would think it's less about the old regular Stoops and more about the battle this shapes up to be. Stoops can fight these living room recruiting wars and frame this up as an historic clash of Saban/Smart/Stoops (and maybe Dabo and Fisher?) It would be a legacy move, and he's the type with just enough go-nads. Win/lose/draw, I like it. Even if it's a BS story. The truth is, the job is to build a boss team and to make them crush other teams. We only have to beat bama one point every other year or so.  Don't let bama be the goal. This is a war.

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

I would think it's less about the old regular Stoops and more about the battle this shapes up to be. Stoops can fight these living room recruiting wars and frame this up as an historic clash of Saban/Smart/Stoops (and maybe Dabo and Fisher?) It would be a legacy move, and he's the type with just enough go-nads. Win/lose/draw, I like it. Even if it's a BS story. The truth is, the job is to build a boss team and to make them crush other teams. We only have to beat bama one point every other year or so.  Don't let bama be the goal. This is a war.

Saban/Smart/Stoops/Fisher would be a baller SEC schedule. 

6 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

My apologies! I’m half asleep and sometimes it’s impossible to interpret tone on here! 😂

But I did feel bad afterwards. I think people are a little anxious about the future of our program and it wasn’t the right time to “pull a Bird”! 🤪

It was definitely a @bigbird maneuver. No love lost, just hated you for a second for getting my hopes up. 😉

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Saban/Smart/Stoops/Fisher would be a baller SEC schedule. 

Agree 100%. And if this Stoops thing somehow turns out to be true, he’s not coming just for the money. These coaches care about their legacy, they want to be one of the few top names talked about in history. If he comes, it’s because he feels like he can add to his legacy and will do everything he can to go down as the one who knocked the king off the hill.

20 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Corch seems very Mankindy. I'm more of a late career Jericho early career Edge and Christian type. You're on The List!

maybe taking the beating on this site.  Physically not even close.  I'm more of a UFC guy.  Ya'll need to evolve with the times.  

Archived